Inzaghino set for Juve (4 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Zalayeta isn't that bad, he's actually a good 5th striker imo, but we're talking about someone who may have to step in for Trezeguet and lead the line. That someone should NOT be Zalayeta.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
er Z,if you read the posts above you'd notice that torkel was talking about serie matches only:)
I find that hard to believe though because Zala scored a brace when we beat Chievo 4-3 in 02-03. He only scored ONE other Serie A goal apart from those two?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Zalayeta has scored more than 10 goals for Juve. He scored like 3 or 4 in the Serie A two years ago, scored 5 in the Coppa and 1 in the CL. he scored at least 1 in the CL last year. So it's not 3 Torks, it's >10.
I have not included coppa and CL, only his Serie A goals for Juve and Empoli. I got the numbers from Juventus.com, might have made a mistake as I didn't find the English version. Corrections are welcomed. :)

EDIT: And yeah Stu, I remember the brace, I wondered about that. Would be nice if someone else could try and find some numbers.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
According to another site the number is 7 goals in 66 appearances. Doesn't say if that's with our withour Coppa and CL appearances.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I find that hard to believe though because Zala scored a brace when we beat Chievo 4-3 in 02-03. He only scored ONE other Serie A goal apart from those two?
the other one was gave us all three points against some mid table team iirc:)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

But he has one thing I think Inzaghino lacks: heart. He always gives his best, he never moans, never says anything bad about the club, never complains about being played on the wing. He just gets along with his business quitely.

I, for one, admire that. He's modest, quiet and a good teammate. He can get the job done and IMO he deserves a bit more appriciation.
Agree, Z.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree with Z on that, and its a very good quality to have in a player, but it can only take him so far. I guess I'd have to give up Marcelo for Simone.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Zalayeta isn't that bad, he's actually a good 5th striker imo, but we're talking about someone who may have to step in for Trezeguet and lead the line. That someone should NOT be Zalayeta.
:thumb:But I Dont even think Trez is good enough to lead are frontline anymore

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
er Z,if you read the posts above you'd notice that torkel was talking about serie a matches only:)
Yeah, I saw that ;)

++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

I have not included coppa and CL, only his Serie A goals for Juve and Empoli. I got the numbers from Juventus.com, might have made a mistake as I didn't find the English version. Corrections are welcomed. :)

EDIT: And yeah Stu, I remember the brace, I wondered about that. Would be nice if someone else could try and find some numbers.
Yeah, I was just naming the goals off the top of my head.

Dec 27, 2003
Spot on, Topolino. The real problem is that "Slothayeta" is currently your only alternative to Three wanks.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

Or maybe it's you who haven't. According to Juventus.com he has scored 3 goals in 41 Seria A matches. That might be good enough for you, but I think we should aim just a bit higher. Friendly matches? Not even gonna comment on that one. I think the sloth comparison sticks.
don't be too harsh on him. most of the time he was coming from the bench. Besides, most of his goals are in knockout matches, when he is given the credit from the coach

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
don't be too harsh on him. most of the time he was coming from the bench. Besides, most of his goals are in knockout matches, when he is given the credit from the coach
Yes, and he's been played out of position, but my main beef with him isn't his scoring record, it's his complete lack of basic skills.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

Yes, and he's been played out of position, but my main beef with him isn't his scoring record, it's his complete lack of basic skills.
I don't agree with you again.
his hold of the ball is ok, his passes are fine (from time to time he even makes great assists, like today), good in the air, decent finishing. what else do you want?
I can tell you for sure Simone Inzaghi is not better than him in these things

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Ok, I guess I just disagree with you both. :) I'll just repeat how incredibly bad I think he is at even the most basic things, and that I find the thought of him being the only backup to Trez shocking and sleep preventing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)