Inzaghino set for Juve (1 Viewer)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
channel 4

Reports are gathering pace that Lazio ace Simone Inzaghi will leave the capital club for Juventus.

New Biancocelesti chief Claudio Lotito would like to keep the striker, but his contract expires in 2005 and an agreement regarding an extension has yet to be reached.

Juve are believed to be keen on the international after the sale of Marco Di Vaio and the failure to sign Adrian Mutu from Chelsea.

Reports suggest that the Turin giants will offer both defender Mark Iuliano and striker Marcelo Zalayeta in return for Inzaghi.

The former Piacenza star could now follow in the footsteps of his brother Pippo who also wore the Bianconeri jersey.

Juve Vice-president Roberto Bettega confirmed today that the club were still hoping to sign new faces this summer.

While other reports in the peninsula claim that Inzaghi was actually spotted in Turin on Monday with Juve veteran Ciro Ferrara.

Meanwhile, Juventus have also been linked with a swoop for Argentine midfielder Matias Almeyda.

The 31-year-old, who recently rejected a move to Indipendiente, is a free agent after his contract at Inter expired. Brescia are also keen on the former Lazio man.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Zalayeta is absolutely worthless, I'd take Inzaghi 99 times out of a hundred.
Actually, I think Zalayeta has a pretty solid goalscoring record for a 5th striker, considering how little he plays and how often he's been played out of position.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Actually, I think Zalayeta has a pretty solid goalscoring record for a 5th striker, considering how little he plays and how often he's been played out of position.
His goalscoring record only says so much, the guy can't pass, shot or run with the ball. He has size, that's all. I can't count the number of times I've seen him come on only to be APALLED by his rubbish performance. Inzaghi would simply be a decent Trez backup, "Zalagol" wouldn't.

I would also rather have Anelka though, as he has the skill deep down to be fantastic.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Hey Torks, don't be hating Paul Hamm, its not his fault. :groan:
I know, but I don't like the guy to begin with and I don't know the name of the jury members. I'll change it soon.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

His goalscoring record only says so much, the guy can't pass, shot or run with the ball. He has size, that's all. I can't count the number of times I've seen him come on only to be APALLED by his rubbish performance. Inzaghi would simply be a decent Trez backup, "Zalagol" wouldn't.

I would also rather have Anelka though, as he has the skill deep down to be fantastic.
But he has one thing I think Inzaghino lacks: heart. He always gives his best, he never moans, never says anything bad about the club, never complains about being played on the wing. He just gets along with his business quitely.

I, for one, admire that. He's modest, quiet and a good teammate. He can get the job done and IMO he deserves a bit more appriciation.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I don't know about Inzaginho's heart, the last time I saw him he didn't seem to lack it, but that was some time ago.

To me, Zalayeta doesn't deserve more appreciation, he deserves less. I've never been a fan, people always seem to rate him more than me, but except his Barca goal (he was CRAP in that game anyways) I can't see how he's contributed. I've seen him a lot of times, and I'm always shocked at how a professional footballer like him lacks even the most basic skills.

He might be modest, quiet and a good teammate. But if that's what we're looking for Attilo Lombardo would still be here. IMO he's just a very, very bad footballer.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I'd rather give some young guy a chance, but of course I'm not gonna complain about him staying if he's last in line. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)