Intl Friendly - Italy vs. Tunisia (May 30th) (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
This would be a good chance to get an idea of Trap's thoughts about the formation and players to be used in Euro2004. According to reports, most players look healthy and fit except for Cannavaro who is suffering from a slight injury to his left foot and Del Piero who is still not 100% fit.

The team is training now on a daily basis in Coverciano with Trap constantly changing the formations and players. It's anyone's guess as to who will be in Trap's starting lineup. But I wonder who will Trap opt to choose (Pirlo-Gattuso) or (Perrotta-Zanetti) ?

I just hope the team gets out of this without any injuries. Tunisia usually play aggressive football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i think it's gonna be pirlo-gattuso....
i also hope they would finish this match without any injuries....
my prediction would be :3-0 italy !

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Del Piero will play so that he will get in shape and Cassano also needs to play so maybe they will team up in front.

In the training yesterday Trap tested Totti behind Cassano and Vieri.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The line-up will be:

Buffon
Panucci - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Zanetti - Perrotta
Camoranesi - Totti - Del Piero
Vieri

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Pretty much what everybody expects to see in Portugal. The 'Golden Trio' should all start, as should Camoranesi because Fiore is struggling with muscular problems. During the training sessions Trap has been testing out numerous formations but the Zano-Pero partnership will probably get the nod tomorrow.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Trap prepares Tunisia test
Sunday 30 May, 2004

Giovanni Trapattoni is set to field an all-attack line-up in tonight’s friendly test against African Champions Tunisia.

The Azzurri flew into Tunis yesterday evening, although Trap and the Juventus stars arrived later on a private jet so they could attend Honorary President Umberto Agnelli’s funeral.

"The overall fitness of the squad is most satisfying," assured Trapattoni. "At the 2002 World Cup, not all the players were on form, so this is certainly an important change."

The Coach has not yet officially confirmed his starting eleven, but is almost certain to field Christian Vieri, Francesco Totti, Alessandro Del Piero and Mauro German Camoranesi together in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Del Piero will take the left flank of that support trident and it will be an important test of his match fitness after missing much of the campaign with muscular problems.

"Not all the roles are pre-determined," added the Coach who may switch to a 4-4-2 with Totti in a more advanced position. "We'll give everyone space in this match."

Trapattoni handed the first team shirts to Simone Perrotta and Cristiano Zanetti during the last training session in Tunis, and the Parma and Inter stars seem to be his favoured midfield partnership.

Christian Panucci, Fabio Cannavaro, Alessandro Nesta and Gianluca Zambrotta will start in defence, even though the Inter man is not 100 per cent fit.

Stefano Fiore continues to train separately after suffering a slight muscular problem earlier this week.

This will be Italy’s final friendly match ahead of the Euro 2004 tournament opener against Denmark on June 14.

Tunisia are a tough opponent, as they conquered the African Nations Cup earlier this season.

Probable Italy line-up: Buffon; Panucci, Cannavaro, Nesta, Zambrotta; Zanetti, Perrotta; Camoranesi, Totti, Del Piero; Vieri

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i just hope that Fiore is given the nod over Camo in the EC,he's so much better IMO.

++ [ originally posted by shiyaz ] ++
Please help me...

Which major channels will show this math?

I am in ASIA .....

I want to see it live.
i live in Asia too,i can watch it on eljazeera sport or on Dubai sport.
but if you dont get them where you live,then sorry thats all i can do.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Lucky. They aint showing it in the UK. I'll be checking the live scores though. Tunisia are a good side. They were easily the best team in the African Cup. Jaziri the forward is the danger man.

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
    Tunisia are a good side. They were easily the best team in the African Cup.
    Yes, that's why they won the final against Morocco :)

I hope Del Piero shines in this match :angel:

Seems that (Zanetti-Perrotta) edged out (Gattuso-Pirlo).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)