Intl Friendly - Italy vs. Tunisia (May 30th) (1 Viewer)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Why is trap picking perrotta and zanetti over gattusso and pirlo.
He did this kinda thing with del piero at the world cup.
Its just annoying to see them kinda players get left out.
He should be picking gattusso and pirlo becuase they are in form and are simply imo just far better.
where just gonna end up thinking again, what could of been if they hadda been playing. I thought that he would of learned from the del piero mistake.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ok, thanks :) I too hope that Del Piero shines. His place in the starting line-up is really in jeopardy with Cassano really breaking out of his shell this season. Please don't let me down, Ale :down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
Why is trap picking perrotta and zanetti over gattusso and pirlo.
He did this kinda thing with del piero at the world cup.
Its just annoying to see them kinda players get left out.
He should be picking gattusso and pirlo becuase they are in form and are simply imo just far better.
where just gonna end up thinking again, what could of been if they hadda been playing. I thought that he would of learned from the del piero mistake.
It's simply a preference thing. You and I prefer players who are in form to be played. Trap opts for the tried, tested and proven players who he knows for a fact can get the job done.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
RAI International is showing the match at 5 pm eastern time in the USA

I think Zanetti and Perotta is the best choice, but Panucci over Oddo ?????

When Fiore is 100% he should start over Camo

DP should also start over Cassano IMO......

This game concerns me though. Why are we playing Tunusia ?? They are the African champs, and will play with something to prove.

This could become a chippy game, and could lead to injuries.

We dont need injuries now !!!!

We should have taken an easier team, like San Marino or something

All we want to do right now is get a good run out there, and continue to find our form as a team, plus build some confidence

case and point- France just played Andorra

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

It's simply a preference thing. You and I prefer players who are in form to be played. Trap opts for the tried, tested and proven players who he knows for a fact can get the job done.
Yes, but have gattusso and pirlo not been doing that all year with Milan. They are good enough players to fit in straight away, they dont necessarily need experience. there good enough to do without it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Game underway. I'm getting commentary from a friend watching the game. Apparently Italy are keeping possession of the ball well in the opening minutes. Del Piero is moving alot according to him, and recently linked up well with Vieri.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
This report came from a swedish forum:

Italy is dominating. Zambrotta had a good shot but other than that no real goal chance.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Both Del Piero and Zambrotta have been impressive says my source.

The second goal was scored by a smashing Cannavaro header from Totti's corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)