Inter's excuses: Season 07/08 (7 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This thread is dedicated for the excuses that Inter will come up with throughout the season.

25-8-2007 Inter-Udinese (1-1):
It all starts with Stankovic's comments after the game against Udinese
“We aren’t at the top of our match fitness yet, but it is very difficult to play in this heat,” the midfielder told Sky Italia.

Mancini: "I've always said that, in August, we cannot play at 15:00; we should play at 18:00," he fumed.
"Instead, we play in the early afternoon in the summer, and we see 20:00 games postponed in January."

Mancini: 'The team's physical form doesn't worry me that much. Our physical characteristics, compared to Roma, for instance, don't allow us a fast start. If we add the injury suffered by (Patrick) Vieira and the delayed arrival of our South American players (due to the Copa America), it is easy to explain our uncertain start. And with Udinese we drew only because we were down to 10 men (following the dismissal of keeper Julio Cesar).'

30-8-2007 Barcelona FC-Inter (5-0)
Mancini: "Of course, it's not pleasant to lose 5-0. Considering I left 12 players at home to rest for Saturday's clash against Empoli, the result is not surprising."

19-9-2007 Fenerbache-Inter (1-0)

Mancini: “We didn’t play well. Perhaps we were too worried about the fact we had a totally new defence. Yet on the field the opposite was true, as the defence held out well, but we were not attacking enough,

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mancini Defends Team After Inter Draw

In the aftermath of the 1-1 draw with Udinese, Inter coach Roberto Mancini indicated that his team has problems taking the literal heat of summer, if not the metaphorical heat of the Serie A kitchen. In any case, the coach isn't too downheartened, and feels his side just needs to take its chances...

Inter coach Roberto Mancini was made to sweat as his ten-man side tried to hold on to a one goal lead against Udinese, only to concede an equaliser in the last minute.

In his post match reaction, the manager partially blamed the summer weather for his side's failure to defend its advantage.

"I've always said that, in August, we cannot play at 15:00; we should play at 18:00," he fumed.

"Instead, we play in the early afternoon in the summer, and we see 20:00 games postponed in January."

But he focused mostly on the game, and took some positives from the result, despite slipping up as he seeks to defend his side's title.

"In the first half, we had plenty of chances to kill off the tie, but didn't take them," he said.

"We're just starting the season, and with heat like this, I can understand that the performance was not the greatest one."
Referring to Julio Cesar's deserved red card for deliberate handball, he added, "When you go down to ten men, to suffer like that is really expected.

"We paid for having numerical inferiority in these conditions."

Inter fell to a last-minute strike, credited to Asamoah but apparently taking a deflection off Cordoba, after a Pepe corner. Dejan Stankovic had earlier opened the scoring for Inter.

goal.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
"I've always said that, in August, we cannot play at 15:00; we should play at 18:00," he fumed.

:lol: That is so stupid.

Jun 13, 2007
I can't believe you went through the trouble of makinga whole thread just for Inter excuses , lol .
Who gives a fuck what Inter has to say . If you were to fill this thread with inter's excuses then it would easilly exceed 100, 000 pages this year . Bunch of whiners.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Ranieri used excuses too in the pre-season,but at least they're believable. The excuses of Mancio are laughable.He should just admit that he is the coach of a bunch of mercenaries and lazy asses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)