Internationals LIVE (41 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This shit needs to be sorted. I remember players like Kanu, Amokachi etc dropping off the radar suddenly.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/64250590

This is completely absurd. 25 of 40 players failing with DR Congo also, now Chad with one who has caused them disqualification.

I have to be honest, I thought it was one or two players every now and then who were possibly slipping through, or something more likely 20 years ago, this seems to be endemic. Really disappointing as African teams hold their own pretty well at youth levels, and it's hard to take them as seriously when you see things like this.

At least the authorities are getting on top of it now. Not only is it unsporting to opponents but it robs genuinely young players of opportunity.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I was always suspicious of Obafemi Martins, that guy was a good footballer, but he expired when he was around 25yo and spent the next 10 years of his career as a journeyman. of course that happens with others as well, Rooney, Raul, Fabregas and others who were very good at a very young age also declined rather quickly, but 25 is a bit extreme :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/64250590

This is completely absurd. 25 of 40 players failing with DR Congo also, now Chad with one who has caused them disqualification.

I have to be honest, I thought it was one or two players every now and then who were possibly slipping through, or something more likely 20 years ago, this seems to be endemic. Really disappointing as African teams hold their own pretty well at youth levels, and it's hard to take them as seriously when you see things like this.

At least the authorities are getting on top of it now. Not only is it unsporting to opponents but it robs genuinely young players of opportunity.
Thing is we don't know how legit those 'youth level' teams have were. 20-30 years ago the technology was not as advanced plus the chances of someone not knowing their age wasn't that strange but to continue doing it now is just absurd. I think this has contributed to african teams degrading in the last 2 decades. It's great that Eto'o is taking care of it from the grassroots in Cameroun. starting with his home country - hopefully all competitions use the same tech & get this fixed.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Lista aumenta f players being called up:
: Leonardo Bonucci
: Wojciech Szczesny
: Adrien Rabiot
: Dušan Vlahović y Filip Kostic
: Gleison Bremer
U21: Nicolò Fagioli
U21: Kenan Yildiz
U20: Samuel Iling-Junior
U19: Lorenzo Dellavalle y Luis Hasa
U19: Jonas Jakob Rouhi
U19: Mbangula Tshifunda
U18: Nonge Boende
U17: Lorenzo Biliboc
U17: Adam Boufandar

[ @PuebloJuve ]

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Wooooooooooooooooooooo!
They single-handedly had me lose all bets last night, had everything combined with Spain either winning the game or scoring themselves at least over 1.5 goals for this one… kind of left me a bitter taste, but that sure was an epic victory for Scotland, totally deserved nonetheless, Spain was utterly poor throughout the game and just couldn’t cope with the stadium atmosphere.

Congrats on the win and really hope Scotland makes it to the Euro’s, even more so at Spain’s expense if possible. :grin: :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)