Internationals LIVE (5 Viewers)

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
OK, can someone explain why tf there is a Copa America again next year? I thought from 2015 on, they will play on un even numbered years so its not at the same time as EURO. Didnt know its gonna be 2 editions in a row each 3 years lol

South America is losing protagonism in the big stage of football, being it club or national teams... 7-1 to Germany... Missi always choking when it matters... last World Cup they didn't even make it to semis... it was all UEFA teams.

They are looking to promote their assets here... so they go like let's do one each year when there is an Euro so we can compete.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I love SA football, but they play too many of those. 4 tournaments in 6 years is unnecesary additional mileage for the players. The 100 years edition was kinda understandable in 2016 but now its getting out of hand, hopefully no more back to backs after this.

On a side note, i imagine this being one of the reasons Messi returned. 2 shots at getting the one missing award, before hes gone for good i think. A shame Portugal isnt one of the invitees these two years. The memes if Ronaldo conquered Messis continent as well would be endless lol

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
I love SA football, but they play too many of those. 4 tournaments in 6 years is unnecesary additional mileage for the players. The 100 years edition was kinda understandable in 2016 but now its getting out of hand, hopefully no more back to backs after this.

On a side note, i imagine this being one of the reasons Messi returned. 2 shots at getting the one missing award, before hes gone for good i think. A shame Portugal isnt one of the invitees these two years. The memes if Ronaldo conquered Messis continent as well would be endless lol

He just had one shot in 2014. If you mean winning a Copa America with Argentina we're setting the standard very low here.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He just had one shot in 2014. If you mean winning a Copa America with Argentina we're setting the standard very low here.
But atleast hed have something to show for his poor int. career, as opposed to now. Clearly the EURO is much stronger and Portugal are always far from favorites compared to Argentina at (the last couple of) CAs, so if they win one that doesent equal them imo

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
But atleast hed have something to show for his poor int. career, as opposed to now. Clearly the EURO is much stronger and Portugal are always far from favorites compared to Argentina at (the last couple of) CAs, so if they win one that doesent equal them imo

Imagine that you're from a country that won 14 Copa America's in history and then when in comes to "your era" you even fail to win vs a team that never saw the colour of it (Chile).

Nothing winning a damn Copa America with a team like Argentina in all these years and all these editions just goes to show the chokejob of building a team around the little midget instead of Iniesta or Xavi, the true winners.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Imagine that you're from a country that won 14 Copa America's in history and then when in comes to "your era" if you even fail to win vs team that never saw the colour of it (Chile).

Nothing winning a damn Copa America with a team like Argentina in all these years and all these editions just goes to show the chokejob of building a team around the little midget instead of Iniesta or Xavi, the true winners.
But this year, nothing is gonna stop them. Messi is on fire and Chile is done, nothing can go wrong. Plus Higuain is staying home

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
But this year, nothing is gonna stop them. Messi is on fire and Chile is done, nothing can go wrong. Plus Higuain is staying home

When does it start? I might watch a game or two. I watched some of 2015 and 2016 games for the lulz :lol3: I remember one time they had to postpone a match because the pitch was full of water, so instead of a match I saw all the staff trying to soak water of the pitch for about an hour :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)