International Friendly: Switzerland-Italy (1 Viewer)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
I had no idea these 2 were playing. I only found out today when I went to UEFA.com and saw that Switzerland had announced the squad.

Switzerland seems to be much improved from recent years, and all those Basel players who went far in the CL should certainly help. Switzerland are first in their Euro 2004 qualifying group, 2 points ahead of Russia.

Switzerland squad:

Keepers: Fabrice Borer, Jorg Stiel, Pascal Zuberbühler

Defenders: Bernt Haas, Remo Meyer, Patrick Müller, Murat Yakin, Bruno Berner, Ludovic Magnin, Marco Zwissig

Midfielders: Ricardo Cabanas, Fabio Celestini, Johann Vogel, Mario Cantaluppi, Christoph Spycher

Forwards: Hakan Yakin, Stephane Chapuisat, Alexander Frei, Leonard Thurre.

I expect Italy's squad to be named Sunday or Monday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The good thing is that Trap won't use any Juve players, nor Milan's and Inter's for that matter, only Buffon and Toldo. It'll be a practise game with Trap having a go at his crazy ideas and tactics :rolleyes:

OP
danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    Italy's U21 team to face Switzerland...

Portieri: Agliardi (Cosenza), Amelia (Livorno);

Difensori: Bonera (Parma), Cannavaro (Parma), Ferri (Triestina), Lanzardo (Cosenza), Moretti (Modena), Pasquale (Inter), Pisano (Brescia), Zaccardo (Bologna);

Centrocampisti: Brighi (Parma), Dalla Bona (Milan), Donati (Torino), Gatti (Catania), Lavecchia (Ascoli), Pinzi (Udinese), Zanetti (Vicenza);

Attaccanti: Borriello (Empoli), D'Agostino (Bari), Giardino (Parma), Sculli (Modena).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
    Italy's U21 team to face Switzerland...

Portieri: Agliardi (Cosenza), Amelia (Livorno);

Difensori: Bonera (Parma), Cannavaro (Parma), Ferri (Triestina), Lanzardo (Cosenza), Moretti (Modena), Pasquale (Inter), Pisano (Brescia), Zaccardo (Bologna);

Centrocampisti: Brighi (Parma), Dalla Bona (Milan), Donati (Torino), Gatti (Catania), Lavecchia (Ascoli), Pinzi (Udinese), Zanetti (Vicenza);

Attaccanti: Borriello (Empoli), D'Agostino (Bari), Giardino (Parma), Sculli (Modena).
    Tsk, tsk, tsk... No Cassano :groan:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Totti, as usual before NT matches, went out during Roma-Milan, touching his leg... or ther's really a "malediction" who do not want Totti to play 4 the NT or he try to avoid it, cause every single time is happening exately the same thing.

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
    Totti, as usual before NT matches, went out during Roma-Milan, touching his leg... or ther's really a "malediction" who do not want Totti to play 4 the NT or he try to avoid it, cause every single time is happening exately the same thing.
    Can't say I blame him this time. A friendly at this time of the year is very bad scheduling.

In fact, I hope all the Juve players who might get called pull up with "injuries" tomorrow to last just long enough to miss the friendly. :)

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Dopo mille considerazioni ha infine stilato la lista:

portieri, Buffon (Juventus), Toldo (Inter):

difensori, Bonera (Parma), Favalli (Lazio), Ferrari (Parma), Legrottaglie (Chievo), Oddo (Lazio), Panucci (Roma);

centrocampisti, Ambrosini (Milan), Fiore (Lazio), Grosso (Perugia), Nervo (Bologna), Perrotta (Chievo), Tommasi (Roma), C. Zanetti (Inter);

attaccanti, Corradi (Lazio), Di Natale (Empoli), Di Vaio (Juventus), Miccoli (Perugia).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    LOL @ Favalli in the NT :LOL:

Here's the starting lineup that I'd go with:

Buffon
    Oddo - Bonera - Legrottaglie - Panucci
    Fiore - Tommasi - Ambrosini - Di Natale
    Miccoli - Corradi

ex-rasp9

Apr 8, 2003
    the only thing i'd like to say is switzerlad is quite a serious rival these days. our nt plays with them in a qualifying group. the switz guys look pretty cool!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Indeed they do Elena. We had them in the group last years when the WC qualifiers were on and they seemed pretty decent.

The chosen players for the friendly are not a surprize since the major clubs threaten Trap to not select their players. It'll be interesting to see the youngsters, such as Bonera, Legrottaglie, Di Natale, Miccoli etc. play together :)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    LOL @ Favalli in the NT :LOL:

Here's the starting lineup that I'd go with:

Buffon
    Oddo - Bonera - Legrottaglie - Panucci
    Fiore - Tommasi - Ambrosini - Di Natale
    Miccoli - Corradi
    Nice Lineup Stuart :thumb:
    But i wonder will trap change tactics to the 4-2-3-1 again or not.

Buffon
    Bonera-Ferrari-Legrottaglie-Oddo
    Perrota-Ambrosini
    Fiore--------Miccoli--------Di Natale
    Corradi

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    surprise surprise the best Italian holding mid is left out yet again despite being on top top form!
    Who, Tacchinardi? Do you see many players from either Juve, Milan or Inter? No. Trap was probably picking from a very limited pool of players from those teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)