International Friendly: Switzerland-Italy (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++

Can't say I blame him this time. A friendly at this time of the year is very bad scheduling.
I'm agree, Totti is sure of his NT place so he doesn't care about not important matches and to have somebody with this feelings is better to have a player who do not have many oportunity so is more determinated.
Thaer's nothing too bad in avoiding the useless friendschips, but why to act an injur everytime? Imo it will be more onest to say: "I prefer to rest and to leave my place 4 somebody who didn't play a lot".

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Why are they scheduling matches at this time its crazy, i mean the season everywhere is reaching boiling point, champoinships are been decided, cl is in its last stages, relegation and cl places are in the horizon and they are arranging international matches

Whats the point in calling Favalli anyways and worse why call up Buffon and Toldo when he can at last give Pellizolli or Cudicini or even abaitti their first caps

What is Di vaio doing there anyways and Trap is an embarassment for calling up just 3 forwards, he could have easily recalled Montella and Cassano but like a little kid, he is keeping malice with Montella for criticising him

Mate , you are quite right, Totti should stop pulling up with injuries every time Italy have to play a game as he can report to camp and beg Trap not to play him if he doesn't want to play

ex-rasp9

Apr 8, 2003
well, i may be mistaken, but i really think it's high time to do smth with italian nt!

crucial changes are so vital. i don't believe trap's guys who usually play are able to achieve something together...most of them are not young enough and not 'hungry' enough. fresh blood is wanted and fresh ideas!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i'm Trap was concidering the CL race when he made his line-up.

i thin Tacchi should have been included just to prove his worth. he's been played well lately and this game shouldn't effect him physically because he's not playing the next game vs Madrid anyway.

i agree with Denco about this friendly's timing being so terrible and also the fact that he could have called up Cudicini and Abiati (who wont be effected because he's #2 to Dida anyway)

other than that, i think Trap made good choices.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
Who, Tacchinardi? Do you see many players from either Juve, Milan or Inter? No. Trap was probably picking from a very limited pool of players from those teams.
If he can't pick his proper team there is little point of a friendly at this ridiculous time. Why could he not cancel it like Eriksson has with England's?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Why are they scheduling matches at this time its crazy, i mean the season everywhere is reaching boiling point, champoinships are been decided, cl is in its last stages, relegation and cl places are in the horizon and they are arranging international matches
I guess that is 4 money... contracts with rai and sponsors and staff like that... those things are always more important than sports :rolleyes:

Whats the point in calling Favalli anyways and worse why call up Buffon and Toldo when he can at last give Pellizolli or Cudicini or even abaitti their first caps
I bet that at list one of them will invent an exuse and will not go...

What is Di vaio doing there anyways and Trap is an embarassment for calling up just 3 forwards, he could have easily recalled Montella and Cassano but like a little kid, he is keeping malice with Montella for criticising him
The best hing it was to leave out all the Milan, Inter and Juve players... including DV, Ambro, Zanetti and the goalkeepers, if you decide to do something do it at 100%.
About Montella... Trap is Trap, no surprise and also about Cassano ther's no chance... a jornalist asked him the reason and he answered " Why you are asking me about Cassano? Are you a friend of him?" :D

OP
danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

If he can't pick his proper team there is little point of a friendly at this ridiculous time. Why could he not cancel it like Eriksson has with England's?
    Agree 100%, this is the stupidest time of the season to schedule a friendly.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
    The best hing it was to leave out all the Milan, Inter and Juve players... including DV, Ambro, Zanetti and the goalkeepers, if you decide to do something do it at 100%.
    I read somewhere that Ambrosini and Zanetti were picked because they will not play in the first leg of the CL and don't need to rest.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    This ought to start some controversy :

If your not calling most of your "starters", why not call Baggio ????

IMO, Montella should be called, he's proven more as of late than Di Vaio. Oops, I forgot !! Montella has been black-balled by Trap.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Let's not start again.. :D
    Rumors yesterday outside the stadium (but avaliable cause they wheare Brescia doctors) are that also if he finished the match he is bad with his left knee after Conte fault. Nothing serious I guess (btw I'm start getting sick of Roby press silence... we can't know anything about his conditions and it's not nice at all) but it won't be a good idea to play a match in 2 days.

And anycase... he is the gratest Italian player ever and IMO, also if I'm sure that he will never say no cause he know that every single Italian peaple consider him the simble of soccer and want him in the azzurri, it will be ridicolous to call him back 4 a stupid friendschip. It had to happen 4 the WC... but 4 a match with no importance it has no sense.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    I think the people in charge of the board have totally different agendas.

I also believe that it is not Trap's fault. I dont think of him as a bad person as he has been a very influential and prolific coach in terms of trophies, experience etc

I think he is forced to obey someone else in the management. Someone who calls the shots.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    About that Trap do not take all the decisions but is often "forced" by smebody in the federation or in the big teams I'm agree with lac but I have to say that imo he WAS a very good coach but lately he "lost his mind"... I don't know if is stress, age or whatever but he's nearly ridicolous from time to time...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Rumors yesterday outside the stadium (but avaliable cause they wheare Brescia doctors) are that also if he finished the match he is bad with his left knee after Conte fault. Nothing serious I guess (btw I'm start getting sick of Roby press silence... we can't know anything about his conditions and it's not nice at all) but it won't be a good idea to play a match in 2 days.

And anycase... he is the gratest Italian player ever and IMO, also if I'm sure that he will never say no cause he know that every single Italian peaple consider him the simble of soccer and want him in the azzurri, it will be ridicolous to call him back 4 a stupid friendschip. It had to happen 4 the WC... but 4 a match with no importance it has no sense.
    Even if Trap had called up Baggio, he would not have played as Trap chose to underuse Del Piero, Montella and Baggio who were going through great periods of form.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    What I'm really keen to see is what Trapattoni will do when Camoranesi, Totti, Del Piero and Vieri are all fit. Will he stick with his new 4-2-3-1 and push DP onto the left or revert back to a 3-4-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2. I sure hope that he doesn't play DP on the left wing :(

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
    I saw a special on Baggio last night. I taped it for my father to show him afterwards. I never thought I would see the day. My father almost cried, and he called Trap a bastard. My father is the most reserved man you ever wanted to meet. I guess Trap brings out the worst in everyone. :down:

That said, I agree with you, Vinni, about Montella over Di Vaio. Di Vaio hasn't been in good form forever, and when he was, he didn't get the call.
    Now, Montella is in much better form, but Di Vaio isn't. So, who does Trap call? God I hate that man.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Swizerland is very pissed off with Italy cause they invited the NT 4 a big celebration of their new stadium, they selled all the tikets and in the azzurris will be just not-famous players. They said that it's unfair and that they don't think they will ever organize friendschips with Italy....

http://www.soccerage.com/it/13/m8092.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)