International Friendly: Poland vs Italy (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

its it different when your play away from your home, huh... one you can beat Italy, Spain and Portugal and another one you cant even beat Vietnam ... i guess they dont accept Won there , huh... :devil::rolleyes::p
ermm dude... i was talking about the players who were available...

they didn't have their foreign-based players, and judging by the importance of the match, I hardly think they would've given their best :rolleyes:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I think Italy will win 1-0, since Poland lost to South Korea 2-0 but Italy lost 2-1 :D:p:extatic::angel::)
Yeah, and I remember that "fair" style, in which they lost :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me, when I could find statisctics of previous matches between Poland and Italy? What sport site shows such statisctics?
I've read some news about that, but this is unbelievable for me :confused:
so I would like to look for more news.
Can anyone help me with this? :)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

ermm dude... i was talking about the players who were available...
i know.. i was just messing with you ..:p

they didn't have their foreign-based players, and judging by the importance of the match, I hardly think they would've given their best :rolleyes:
they were the qualifying matches for the Asia Cup... u know, to decide which is the strongest country in Asia... dont South Korea felt anything when they saw Japan simply dominated the last tournament ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003

i know.. i was just messing with you ..:p

they were the qualifying matches for the Asia Cup... u know, to decide which is the strongest country in Asia... dont South Korea felt anything when they saw Japan simply dominated the last tournament ;)
AFAIK, they're already qualified, and I hardly think you need the Asia Cup to know who's the best team in Asia :p Being 4th in the world is good enough for me :extatic:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

AFAIK, they're already qualified, and I hardly think you need the Asia Cup to know who's the best team in Asia :p Being 4th in the world is good enough for me :extatic:
South Korea still dont qualify when they lost those two matches..

South Korea was the best Asian team in the world cup.... but the reigning King of Asia is still Japan ;).. beside a lot of things can happen between those times..change of coach for example...

gray

Apr 22, 2003

South Korea still dont qualify when they lost those two matches..
What do u mean?

South Korea was the best Asian team in the world cup.... but the reigning King of Asia is still Japan ;).. beside a lot of things can happen between those times..change of coach for example...
Coelho's no mug either :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
that's just the high expectations of the KFA, but surely u can't judge him when he doesn't have half a squad of his best players...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
that's just the high expectations of the KFA, but surely u can't judge him when he doesn't have half a squad of his best players...
u still dont see the seriousness of the lost dont you.. the lack of european players hardly an excuse to lose to Vietnam's semi professional players.. they are as u say a country that finished 4th in the world cup. ;)

:devil:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
thing is, i don't even know if the players who represented K in those matches were the first choice non-European-based players.

It's like Australia's world cup qualifiers. They probably just grabbed some Islanders off the street who had Australian passports...

then again, I could just be making excuses :p:)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    Can somebody verify this: does Del Piero have 23 NT goals or 24? Alot of people think that he has scored 24 times but Gazzetta.it say 23.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

you're right, but it's just a friendly.

Can't we see him just ONE more time, for the fukk of it??
    In the past Trap said that a friendly could be specially organised just for the Divine Ponytail, but this friendly is to help us get ready for Euro2004.

PS. My ideal Italy line-up:

Buffon
    Oddo Nesta Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Gattuso De Rossi
    Camoranesi Totti Del Piero
    Vieri

The 'B' team:

Toldo
    Panucci Ferrari Legrottaglie Coco
    Zanetti Perrotta
    Marchionni Miccoli Di Vaio
    Inzaghi

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    thing is, i don't even know if the players who represented K in those matches were the first choice non-European-based players.

It's like Australia's world cup qualifiers. They probably just grabbed some Islanders off the street who had Australian passports...

then again, I could just be making excuses :p:)
    Gray do you have anything to do with S.Koera?cuz every thread someone talks about them you start playing the role of the lawyer!:angel:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

Yeah, and I remember that "fair" style, in which they lost :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me, when I could find statisctics of previous matches between Poland and Italy? What sport site shows such statisctics?
    I've read some news about that, but this is unbelievable for me :confused:
    so I would like to look for more news.
    Can anyone help me with this? :)
    I think and i might be wrong that they last met in qualifiers fir world cup 1998 when Italy drew 0-0 in Warsaw or Katowice and Italy won in Naples 3-1 or soemthing where if I am not mistaken Baggio made his comeback from what happened in usa 94
    and I think he scored the last goal
    The only other match I can think of is the semis in spain 82 where italy won 2-0 with Rossi scoring both golas but Poland were handicapped because Boniek was suspended
    Hope this helps a little

Please can a thread be opened where South Korea and Vietnam and other nations in that region can be discussed;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    About 82 - I know few things, more or less, cause they still talk about those short time of "successes" of Polish football.
    But I really dont remember anything from 90's :redface:
    So yes, it helps, thanks a lot :)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    About 82 - I know few things, more or less, cause they still talk about those short time of "successes" of Polish football.
    But I really dont remember anything from 90's :redface:
    So yes, it helps, thanks a lot :)
    You should not put sucesses in quote as imo they were very successful and produced wonderful players like Deyna, Lato and of cos Boniek and they were excellent in 1970, 1974 1978 and 82 , 12 years at the top not bad eh?
    Pity now they are just above mediocre, cos like scotland they used to produce truly wonderful players but unlike scotland they could actually win in the wc

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)