International Friendly: Poland vs Italy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
well apparently there might be another squad chosen for the Czech game, maybe Juve's players might be in that one
Not sure why Trapatoni does not wanna take Juve's players to see the pope
Actually I do know but I am not telling

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
This squad is just to test ne players.

I'm glad few Juve players have been chosen so we won't risk getting injuries.

Just in case you wondered why the players were not chosen:

Buffon - cos of his usual inflammation of his shoulder. Trap opted to rest him

Zambrotta - Trap decided to rest him cos he's been play a lot of games lately (along with Buffon he's juve's most used player)

Legro - just returned from injury

Camoranesi - has already fixed an appointment for an operation, during this break, in his mouth so not to miss any league games

Del Piero - coe he returned from injury

Tacchinardi - No reason apparently..maybe he just wants to test new players.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Okay then romania clever clogs(ha ha)
By the way I have just heard some shocking news, I could not believe it when i heard it, brace yourself guys, Totti is gonna miss this friendly cos he has injured his back against Lazio, it must have been alll the time he used in chasing Mancini then Emerson when they scored thier goals
But nothing would shock me more if in the next 24 hrs Vieri withdraws as well

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Okay then romania clever clogs(ha ha)
By the way I have just heard some shocking news, I could not believe it when i heard it, brace yourself guys, Totti is gonna miss this friendly cos he has injured his back against Lazio, it must have been alll the time he used in chasing Mancini then Emerson when they scored thier goals
But nothing would shock me more if in the next 24 hrs Vieri withdraws as well
:D

why isn't trap selecting juve players to see the pope? tell us if you know

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Yes I do know but you cannot breathe a word of this to anyone, first of the pope is very ill, secondly he used to be a goal keeper and thirdly he happens to be an Inter fan ( ok i just added that as a joke) but the pope might decide to put on his shorts and have a kickabout with the squad , its okay with vieri and Totti as they are firing blanks at the moment but it might be too dangerous for our overly competitive squad they might shoot the ball to hard at the pope and the last thing we wanna hear is that we caused damage to the pope

What would Sensi say?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Yes I do know but you cannot breathe a word of this to anyone, first of the pope is very ill, secondly he used to be a goal keeper and thirdly he happens to be an Inter fan ( ok i just added that as a joke) but the pope might decide to put on his shorts and have a kickabout with the squad , its okay with vieri and Totti as they are firing blanks at the moment but it might be too dangerous for our overly competitive squad they might shoot the ball to hard at the pope and the last thing we wanna hear is that we caused damage to the pope

What would Sensi say?

That the outcome of the Pope being injured was fixed.

What else would he say?

Oh, he would also say that because only the Juve players got a chance to injure the pope and not Totti, that it was "Scandalous"

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Any television coverage for the Poland/Italy game ???

I dont think RAI International is showing it, but will show the Italy/Romania game this weekend

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Any television coverage for the Poland/Italy game ???

I dont think RAI International is showing it, but will show the Italy/Romania game this weekend
Here is what RAI Int'l is showing this week.

Saturday at 8:00 AM, U-21 Denmark-Italy Live

Sunday at 5:00 PM. Italy/Romania Tape Delay

All week at 5 AM, Serie B matches from the past week. I keep forgetting about that, because today they showed Fiorentina and I forgot to set my VCR.:down:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #73
    Hurray! Marchionni, Cassano and Bazzani are in the squad! :extatic:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Probably we shall see both of our players from the start with:

-----------------Vieri

--Di Vaio-----Miccoli---------Cassano

That's a very itneresting formation as I'm not sure if Vieri and Di Vaio ever played together in the same team. And Miccoli can play in that central position hopefully!

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #76
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Probably we shall see both of our players from the start with:

-----------------Vieri

--Di Vaio-----Miccoli---------Cassano

That's a very itneresting formation as I'm not sure if Vieri and Di Vaio ever played together in the same team. And Miccoli can play in that central position hopefully!
    No, Miccoli will start from the bench with Marco Marchionni claiming his senior NT debut :) I've only seen Marchionni twice, but he impressed me both times so I'm hoping that he'll do well for the Azzurri tonight.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #77
    All eyes on Cassano
    Wednesday 12 November, 2003

Antonio Cassano and Marco Marchionni will both start in tonight’s friendly against Poland.

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has confirmed that both men will make their debut in an experimental Azzurri line-up.

All eyes will be on the 21-year-old Roma sensation after he was surprisingly included in the squad.

He’s undoubtedly one of the most talented youngsters in the Italian game but there are still massive question marks over his maturity.

Cassano has had numerous off the field problems in recent years and was frozen out of the Under-21 set-up after clashing with boss Claudio Gentile.

However, the former Bari youngster has started the season in style and has a real opportunity to impress Trap.

"Will I be picked for Euro 2004? One never knows," responded Cassano. "I think I’ll be playing against Fabrizio Miccoli for a place.

"For now I’m just concentrating on this game and the one against Romania on Sunday. I’ll think about the future after those matches."

The Azzurri will be without numerous first team regulars such as Totti, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Buffon and Zambrotta but Trap has still selected a competitive side.

Francesco Toldo will play in goal, behind a defence of Panucci, Cannavaro, Nesta and Pancaro or Oddo.

Perrotta and Zanetti will again be the central midfield pairing, with Marchionni, Cassano and Di Vaio all supporting Christian Vieri.

Italy: Toldo; Panucci, Cannavaro, Nesta, Oddo (Pancaro); Perrotta, Zanetti; Marchionni, Cassano, Di Vaio; Vieri

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Before the start of the match there will be a minute silence in memory of the 14 Italians who died today in Iraq.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)