[International Champions Cup] JUVENTUS vs Everton (July 31, 2013) (6 Viewers)

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
Anyone can fill me in on who was good today?
Tevez, Vidal, Asamoah were our best players. Llorente only average, though he looked good at times. Storari was decent, though I feel Buffon would have saved the goal (and maybe a penalty or two). De Ceglie (LWB), Marrone (CM), and Peluso (LCB) were especially poor both offensively and defensively. Marrone also missed a sitter that any player with at least one foot should have scored. Isla was below average, though he had one good cross or maybe two. Vucinic was good for the 10 minutes he played, almost scored a couple times (both saved spectacularly by Howard). Lichtsteiner played RCB, was only average. Ogbonna was CB, didn't look too great in my opinion either, missed a few challenges and his positioning during crosses was off at times. Matri and Padoin came in late and didn't get a chance, though Matri scored his penalty.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Tevez, Vidal, Asamoah were our best players. Llorente only average, though he looked good at times. Storari was decent, though I feel Buffon would have saved the goal (and maybe a penalty or two). De Ceglie (LWB), Marrone (CM), and Peluso (LCB) were especially poor both offensively and defensively. Marrone also missed a sitter that any player with at least one foot should have scored. Isla was below average, though he had one good cross or maybe two. Vucinic was good for the 10 minutes he played, almost scored a couple times (both saved spectacularly by Howard). Lichtsteiner played RCB, was only average. Ogbonna was CB, didn't look too great in my opinion either, missed a few challenges and his positioning during crosses was off at times. Matri and Padoin came in late and didn't get a chance, though Matri scored his penalty.
:tup: good summary

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Only a friendly, but I was absolutely made up my team was mixing it with a true footballing giant.

Made up Pirlo got on, wanted to see Marchisio too.

Very impressed with how Everton are shaping up, only our 3rd game playing a new formation.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Also, I'm glad, really glad, to see that Asamoah had an amazing game as a CM. This is perfect to cover the sell of Giaccherini, I still hope he will be our main LWB. But I'm glad to see that he had such an amazing display.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Also, I'm glad, really glad, to see that Asamoah had an amazing game as a CM. This is perfect to cover the sell of Giaccherini, I still hope he will be our main LWB. But I'm glad to see that he had such an amazing display.
Asamoah has been really been good as midfielder so far. I remember him from Udine and he was exactly like this. He could be a starter here as CM if we had better LWB.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Asamoah has been really been good as midfielder so far. I remember him form Udine and he was exactly like this. He could be a starter there if we had better LWB.
I wouldn't dare to say he'd be a regular starter, but yes he could be. It's great to have amazing midfielders like Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba, Pirlo and Asamoah out there.

Mar 30, 2006
I wouldn't dare to say he'd be a regular starter, but yes he could be. It's great to have amazing midfielders like Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba, Pirlo and Asamoah out there.
Its amazing the quality we have at CM when you look at other big clubs who play some scrub players at times.

Can you remember when we had Almiron and Tiago? lol

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
I really do not care about the result, the only thing i care about is not being able to test our squad vs madrid as conte would of gone with our starting 11, now vs the galaxy we'll probably see a line up similar to tonights

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I thought Vidal had a really good first half and a very muted second half. Impressed by Ogbonna.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i think vuci-tevez will work better then with llorente
Tevez will work with any of our current forwards including Matri and Quag. The man can play anywhere upfront with the same result.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I only watched from the 63rd minute onwards...in the short while Isla played, i thought he did very well, he was making good runs, but the ball in to the box well, should have had an assist from Llorente (second bad miss after the one against Milan, hopefully he will start finishing these once he regains match fitness!).
Asamoah seemed to be in beast mode, if anyone finds it (@Alex-444) Asamoah pulled off a great move in the 70th minute or so, doing a sombrero and then dribbling another player before being stopped.

The little I watched, passing and movement was good from our part. When Tevez went off he seemed to be holding his hip slightly so I hope that's nothing. Pirlo's passing was not particularly accurate today, but it's his first game back in a while

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Man, we lost this?

I watched the first half, we looked really confused and did not know what to do.

Everton werent that great either, but we looked out of place, only Licht I thought played well in that first 40 minutes. I had to go to work so missed the 5 minutes after.

does this mean, we dont have any more friendlies in the USA.?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)