[International Champions Cup] JUVENTUS vs Everton (July 31, 2013) (6 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
So did Everton mate (albeit British), so let's be careful not to over-generalise. It's not as bad as you suspect imo, whilst very poor, it's mainly our 18-21year olds that we don't invest in sufficiently, and our fans see Martinez as the influence we need to improve our technique on the first team, and from our 'European Elite Academy' up.
Fair enough, i seem to forget i'm not talking to a Chelski or City fan, so i apologise there. Everton is not of those who sold their ass for oil money. It'd take a lot of work to change things in England. The mentality right now is just wrong which in all honesty, isn't really unexpected, there's too much money coming in, it's just the way it is. But when you look at Italy, Spain and Germany on how the majority in the league prefers to use their academy players instead, it makes you agree with the great Alan Shearer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...nk-Why-England-lose-Alan-Shearer-experts.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

orchard

Jul 31, 2013
How is Ross Barkley progressing?
He's playing better under Martinez, he's getting his confidence back. Moyes played him rarely, and as a defensive winger, whereas Martinez plays him as an acm so if a trick doesn't come off it's not critical and he can play away. Hopefully this will help him :)

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, i seem to forget i'm not talking to a Chelski or City fan, so i apologise there. Everton is not of those who sold their ass for oil money. It'd take a lot of work to change things in England. The mentality right now is just wrong which in all honesty, isn't really unexpected, there's too much money coming in, it's just the way it is. But when you look at Italy, Spain and Germany on how the majority in the league prefers to use their academy players instead, it makes you agree with the great Alan Shearer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...nk-Why-England-lose-Alan-Shearer-experts.html
No worries. Imo Moyes was too conservative to let our youth prosper, I think Martinez will be better for them :)

Jul 31, 2013
Ciao lids here is some insight into your opponent

Players to look out for:

Kevin Mirallas
Midfielder
9 goals in 33

Marrouane Fellaini
Midfielder
12 goals in 36

Leighton Baines
Left-Back
7 goals in 44

Gerard Deulofeu
Winger
18 goals in 33 (Barcelona B)

Weakness: Steven Naismith

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Though if a bunch of corrupt Arab and Russian oil barons decided to descend upon Italy with dump trucks full of stoopid money, I doubt there would be any more complainers than there are in England right now.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Though if a bunch of corrupt Arab and Russian oil barons decided to descend upon Italy with dump trucks full of stoopid money, I doubt there would be any more complainers than there are in England right now.
I'd like to believe Italians are way too proud of their Football/nationality to let their identity go like that. But who knows...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)