Inter Sack Cuper !! (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Inter Can Finally Win Now-Ronaldo

10/19/2003. It took less than 5 hours for former Inter hero Ronaldo to express his feelings over the sack suffered by his 'enemy' Hector Cuper.

"I am happy for all Inter fans and my hope was that this coach left Inter as soon as possible. With him, Inter could never win," Ronaldo told Italian television show 'Quelli che il calcio・#39;.

"It is true I left Inter because of Cuper. I didn't get particulary along with him and his mentality was too defensive," he added.

Also in various past interviews, the Real Madrid star had indicated the Argentine coach as the main reason why he left Inter for Madrid at the end of the 2001/2002 season.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
Inter Can Finally Win Now-Ronaldo

10/19/2003. It took less than 5 hours for former Inter hero Ronaldo to express his feelings over the sack suffered by his 'enemy' Hector Cuper.

"I am happy for all Inter fans and my hope was that this coach left Inter as soon as possible. With him, Inter could never win," Ronaldo told Italian television show 'Quelli che il calcio・#39;.

"It is true I left Inter because of Cuper. I didn't get particulary along with him and his mentality was too defensive," he added.

Also in various past interviews, the Real Madrid star had indicated the Argentine coach as the main reason why he left Inter for Madrid at the end of the 2001/2002 season.
Maybe he wants to return to Inter now?

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Has a manager ever been fired one week into his job? :LOL:
No, but Dennis Wise (god bless him) was stand-in player manager for Milwall and in his first match in charge, he was sent off after less than 5 mins.

:LOL:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
I think that some of you're reactions here are stupid, Cuper is a good coach, he proved that with Valencia and Inter, he is a level above Zaccheroni IMO.

Inter will probably never win anything under Moratti, he proves why again and again.

word. fergie needed like 5 seasons to make man u the machine they were. cuper was a good coach. no- a great coach.

serie a is ****ed up. either that or serie a used to be ****ed up and now its only inter whos ****ed up

they need a scudetto and they need it BAD!!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
They need a scudetto and they need it BAD!!
IMO, they will win one in the next three years. They have a very impressive squad and should peak sometime in the next couple of years. If rumours are true about their transfer ambitions then this already excellent side could become better. Zacherroni can and will win with Inter.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
No coach has been fired after a week, but Inter has a record of havcing 3 coaches in one season ;) In the 98/98 season, first Simoni was fired, Lucescu took his palce but was fired two months later, then can't remember who was chosen but didn't do too well either.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
dammit million dollar moratti destroys inter with nickel-worth head.

right now the bulk of serie a's strength in europe is in juve and milan. im looking to the future where lazio, inter, roma, and parma can join. oh yeah and fiorentina ;)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
dammit million dollar moratti destroys inter with nickel-worth head.

right now the bulk of serie a's strength in europe is in juve and milan. im looking to the future where lazio, inter, roma, and parma can join. oh yeah and fiorentina ;)
Inter is very strong in Europe, even more so this year. They have already given up on the Scudetto, and they may just focus on the CL, like Barca did last year. Roma is looking like a team again and should be in Europe next year, and you can't say that Lazio aren't impressing. The very fact that they are still in Serie A is imprezzive to me. As for Parma or fiorentina, I think that Chievo and Brescia are more realistic options.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

No, but Dennis Wise (god bless him) was stand-in player manager for Milwall and in his first match in charge, he was sent off after less than 5 mins.

:LOL:
:LOL: That's so Dennis Wise :rolleyes:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
INTER SACK CUPER!

----------------------------
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that Inter has finally sacked Cuper :extatic:

Inter have sensationally sacked Hector Cuper after yesterday’s embarrassing 2-2 draw at Brescia.

The Argentine tactician was already skating on thin ice following the 3-1 defeat to local rivals Milan.

Although his side managed to earn a point at the Stadio Rigamonti, they were forced to fight back from 2-0 down against the relegation strugglers.

Assistant manager Corrado Verdelli – who was introduced during the summer as a representative of President Massimo Moratti’s staff – will be on the bench for Tuesday’s Champions’ League match with Lokomotiv Moscow.

He faces a tough week, as his first Serie A test will be at the San Siro against high-flying Roma.

As for long-term replacements, it is widely reported that former Milan tactician Alberto Zaccheroni will be lined up, although other options include Dino Zoff, Gianluca Vialli and Francesco Guidolin.

Cuper had risked the sack at the end of last season, his second without a trophy.

The former Valencia and Real Mallorca boss does nonetheless set a record as the longest-serving Coach under Moratti's reign.

He took over the club in 2001 and almost lifted the Scudetto at his first attempt, but a shock 4-2 final day defeat at Lazio handed Juventus the title.

Last season the Nerazzurri were runners up to Juve and lost out in the Champions’ League semi-final to local rivals Milan.

But it was not so much the results that angered Moratti and the fans as the lack of entertaining and consistent play.

Yesterday’s 2-2 draw with Brescia was the final straw – fighting back from 2-0 down with the customary character and determination of its players rather than any tactical adjustments.

Brescia 2-2 Inter

Way To Go Inter. :extatic:
I wanted him to stay , by that inter will got nothing , any way zacheroni is not better than him :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
No coach has been fired after a week, but Inter has a record of havcing 3 coaches in one season ;) In the 98/98 season, first Simoni was fired, Lucescu took his palce but was fired two months later, then can't remember who was chosen but didn't do too well either.
Gigi Simoni was actually fired the morning he was named 'coach of the year' after leading Inter to their only triumph in the 1998-99 UEFA Cup final agaisnt Lazio and came close to winning the Scudetto that year, only for us to win in it at the end ;) .. then Lucescu was hired and fired during that season .. Castellini was caretaker coach until Roy Hodgson arrived (so that makes 4 coaches in the 1998-99 season) .. Ofcourse then Lippi arrived in the summer of 1999 completed a season, but was then fired in the first day of the 2000-01 Serie A season when Inter lost to Reggina 2-1, and previously Inter had failed to qualify to the Champions League against Helsingborg .. ex-Juve hero Marco Tardelli then came in and nothing changed, he is now only famous for the 6-0 derby defeat .. then Cuper came in 2001 and created a respectable side that were close to winning the Scuetto ...

Good Luck Zac :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)