Int-l Friendly Games, May 19th - June 6th (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
England - Iceland 6:1

25' [1 - 0] Frank Lampard

27' [2 - 0] Wayne Rooney

38' [3 - 0] Wayne Rooney

42' [3 - 1] Heidar Helguson

57' [4 - 1] Darius Vassell

68' [5 - 1] Wayne Bridge

76' [6 - 1] Darius Vassell
Kinda surprising that England scored six and Owen was unable to get on the scoresheet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
oh fsckoff :irritate:

:D

btw in that Nike ad, I think the ref who trips Ronaldinho should have been Moreno, and he should've given him a yellow card :thumb:

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Don't believe in anyone from the Netherlands!!!! :fero:
Holland - Irland 0:1!!!! Erik, what the hell happend. I bet on England, Portugal AND Holland today. Bang goes the money :down: Imagine, I as a German crossed my fingers for the greatest rival on earth - the Netherlands - for nothing. I showed faith and kudos reaping nothing.

Revenge is sweet (6/15)!!! :fero: :fero: :fero:

:D KNVB should pay damages...I'm waiting :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I think its time for Holland to quit. The last good match we played was on France98.

Europe and the world have been systematically overrating a tiny country. And now they're stunned. Piss off.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Fat chance. Have you watched any matches of late? Sure we have talented youngsters, but they're all midfielders. And the generation after that hardly carries much talent at all.

Its an era ending, to put it dramatically. And with bigger countries having joined the EU, we're even further down the ladder than we already were.

Being crammed in here between Germany, France and the UK is just not a good position to be. We can't compete with those countries!

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
No time for downbeating. I really think that Holland can achieve a lot in Portugal. I can't see them to drop out in group stage or quarterfinals. There are coaches on the world who would really appreciate to have a Makaay in their squad - saying nothing of van Nistelrooy. One of them lives beyond the Netherlands/Germany border. He had to nominate a 18 years old striker who never played in the NT.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

@Fli: Pauleta :thumb:
not so :thumb: when you're 2-0 down after 12 minutes. you saw the game?

tell me, since you're not biased here, how did lithuania play? for me it seems they had a decent match with quite a few opportunities, but are just inferior in terms of quality.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
No time for downbeating. I really think that Holland can achieve a lot in Portugal. I can't see them to drop out in group stage or quarterfinals. There are coaches on the world who would really appreciate to have a Makaay in their squad - saying nothing of van Nistelrooy. One of them lives beyond the Netherlands/Germany border. He had to nominate a 18 years old striker who never played in the NT.
Yes but what good is one of the world's best strikers when he doesn't show it for the National Team? None of them have shown anything so far! Except for one measly match against a crummy Scottish side on home soil...

Is that what I should base my hopes on? One match played in November? I think I'll pass :(

Look, I typed the following earlier this year:

HOLLAND

With a very entertaining style of play, the Dutch are the most frequently broadcasted nation in Europe and extremely popular worldwide. But despite that, they had severe trouble qualifying for this tournament and they left it to the very last match when something seemed to spark in the team as they trashed Scotland by six goals to nil. Will they be in shape on time?
Wouldn't you agree the answer to that question is currently 'no'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)