Int-l Friendly Games, May 19th - June 6th (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Another round of men and youth friendlies, ladies and gents... some of them are:

France - Brazil (05.20). Been waiting for this for three months now!

Australia - Turkey (05.21). Am I the only one cheering for Turkey here? En gujlu Turkiyye!

Cyprus - Jordan (05.22)

Trinidad and Tobago - Iraq (05.23)

Austria - Russia (05.25)

Germany - Malta (05.27)

Norway - Wales (05.27)

Estonia - Scotland (05.27)

Finland - Sweeden (05.28)

Azerbaijan - Uzbekistan (05.28)

Netherlands - Belguim (05.29)

Poland - Greece (05.29)

Croatia - Slovakia (05.29)

Thailand - Turkey (05.29)

Portugal - Luxemburg (05.29)

Tunisia - Italy (05.30) (last game before the EURO)

Estonia - Denmark (05.30)

Czeck Republic - Liechtenstein (05.30)

Czeck Republic - Bulgaria (06.02)

Korea - Turkey (06.02)

US of A - Honduras (06.02)

Portugal - Lithuania (06.05)

Sweeden - Poland (06.05)

Netherlands - Ireland (06.05)

Latvia - Azerbaijan (06.06). (last Latvia game before the EURO. They will be suprised to see the new Azerbaijan team, I am going!)

Germany - Hungary (06.06)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
3 games left to d-day :devil:

Well we're never going to win the tournament so that first match against you guys is going to be all-important :D

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
CzechRep are not going to play Liechtenstein :)
They are going to play with Austrian third division side players in a training camp on Seefield from 25 May to 1 June :)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Netherlands - Belgium: 0-1

Yess!!:cheesy: :howler: :lick: :party: :party:

Just great! Belgium and The Netherlands have always been arch-rivals, and we beat them back in Eindhoven!! I'm so happy!!

Bien joué les Diables!
Prachtige match, Duivels!

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

Just great! Belgium and The Netherlands have always been arch-rivals, and we beat them back in Eindhoven!! I'm so happy!!

Bien joué les Diables!

:party: :party:

Sep 28, 2002
ok, i take it back, portugal will suck this yeas. ffs they're playing lithuania, will beat them at least 4-0, start thinking theyre good and get ****ed hadcore in group stage.

at least they're showing the match

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001

Bien joué les Diables!
We have? The only rivals we have from a Dutch perspective are the Germans :undecide:

(I'm Dutch btw)

Oh well, congratulations. You deserved this one :) And welcome to the forums! I don't believe we've met.

Geof

May 14, 2004
To Erik
yeah I know,
Actually, Holland is more Belgium's rival, than Belgium is Holland's rival. (still follow me?)
winning against Netherlands is always great for Belgium, but I assume winning against Belgium is 'normal' in the Dutch perspective. (i have this feeling I'm not clear :rolleyes: . Hope you understand what I'm trying to say!)

Thx for the welcome! And good luck for The Netherlands at the Euro. Belgium isn't qualified... :wallbang:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
To Erik
yeah I know,
Actually, Holland is more Belgium's rival, than Belgium is Holland's rival. (still follow me?)
Yeah I had a Belgian guy explain this to me once.

winning against Netherlands is always great for Belgium, but I assume winning against Belgium is 'normal' in the Dutch perspective. (i have this feeling I'm not clear :rolleyes: . Hope you understand what I'm trying to say!)
Well, its normal to the extent that we managed to beat one of the better teams of Europe but we don't consider it to be an easy task to play against Belgium or something.

Thx for the welcome! And good luck for The Netherlands at the Euro. Belgium isn't qualified... :wallbang:
I know :( So sad, I wish we could just be at the same tournament for a change and both get far. We missed the WC, you miss the EC and you didn't have luck on your side on Euro2000 either :wallbang:

Nor did we for that matter :groan:

Geof

May 14, 2004
Our last Eurpo2000 group match against Turkey was the lowest point of belgian football in years...

But I'm confindent we'll be at the 2006 WC, Belgium hasn't missed a WC since 1978! On that point, only Brazil did better than us!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Really? That's impressive!

Well good for you! Belgian football is really on the rise isn't it? :thumb: Dutch football, on the other hand, is falling deeper and deeper into oblivion. The rate this is going this could well be our last tournament and club football is in just as bad a shape...

Geof

May 14, 2004
hey don't exagerate!

You guys have a wonderful team!! I was really impressed by Sneijder, he has an extraordinary shot! And Makaay - RVN upfront? That's one of the best attacks in the world.

Belgian football on the rise? I dunno, we have some great youngsters (Kompany, Vanden Borre, Blondel, Dufer) but they need to confirm. Buffel and Sonck are great! So is Emile Mpenza, but he decided to quit international football, nobody really knows why...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
hey don't exagerate!
I try not to but

You guys have a wonderful team!! I was really impressed by Sneijder, he has an extraordinary shot! And Makaay - RVN upfront? That's one of the best attacks in the world.
Ah yes. but RVN and Stam both said they would quit their international career after this tournament (for whatever reason). Then Kluivert, Reiziger and Davids are also ageing.

We have great youngsters, but they are all midfielders! We have only one good defender: Heitinga. We have no great forwards in the new generation at all!

Ajax's Ibrahimovic is Swedish, Sonck is Belgian. PSV's Kezman is Serbian, Venegoor is both old and too bad for the NT. Feyenoord has Buffel (Belgian) and Kuyt (terrible, tries to make up for it by working hard). What else is there?

As for club football, financial trouble has hit us too now. Vitesse, Fortuna, MVV have all fallen. The subtop is gone, Feyenoord and PSV now too are sliding down. We'll become like Scotland if we don't watch out :(

Belgian football on the rise? I dunno, we have some great youngsters (Kompany, Vanden Borre, Blondel, Dufer) but they need to confirm. Buffel and Sonck are great! So is Emile Mpenza, but he decided to quit international football, nobody really knows why...
The NT is one of the best Belgian NT's in decades IMO! The clubs are also getting better and better. Anderlecht and Club have really impressed me and there's great potential in Liège and Genk. Wonderful stuff.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Germany killed Malta 7-0 with four goals from Ballack, while yesterday the host team confidently put Luxembourg away, 3-0. Figo, Nuno Gomes and Rui Costa all found the target in the first period.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
What a horrible round of friendlies. We lost, the Germans won, Luxembourg lost.

I would cheer a Belgian victory, if they hadn't beaten us :(:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
:D This has indeed been a terrible round of friendlies. Hopefully Italy can cheer me up this evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)