Injury Updates (11 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #63
    Juve lose Danilo to injury
    By Football Italia staff
    Juventus will be without Danilo for several weeks after the right-back suffered a thigh injury.
    Danilo pulled up just 19 minutes into Juve’s 2-1 win at Brescia last night, and tests as per the club’s official website showed “a mild lesion of the biceps femoris of the left thigh.”
    The Brazilian only arrived from Manchester City in part exchange for Joao Cancelo and had started the Bianconeri’s last four Serie A games.
    That is because he had been covering De Sciglio, who remains on the road to recovery from a thigh problem of his own.
    The Old Lady concluded both players would be back after the international break, which lasts between October 7 and 15.
    They will therefore miss the Derby d’Italia with Inter on October 6.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
    @JuveJay Do we have any decent fullbacks in the primavera or in the B team?
    I can try to give a semi-decent answer, at left back we have a familiar name - Pietro Beruatto, he`s already been a part of the first team during last 2 Allegri preseasons and played in a few friendlies, probably has been at our bench for a game or two, havent played an official game for the first team though, still 20 y old and one of the best players in our U23 team, starting 11 player.

At right back there`s that one we got from Sporting Lisboa, Rafael Fonseca, he`s 18 y old, from Primavera but plays in the U23 side from the start of the season, has 3 games and 2 assists (one in Serie C and 1 in UEFA Youth CL).

Those two are probably the ones who stood out, though in case of emergency and injury/suspension of AS and/or Cuads I guess Sarri would prefer to just change to a non-fullback formation rather than gambling on a U23 player(s)...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    I know we had to do it for financials
    but Selling Spina was fucking retarded too, could play both sides
    actually we hadn't. we could simply accept city's offer for cancelo (danilo+$$$) plus sell rugani and/or emre can. both of these had plenty of offers.

and yes, selling spina was retarded. he's not the second coming of prime zambrotta, still, he's a cheap, dedicated, versatile, good enough squad player, exactly the kind we are desperately lacking atm.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
    Is it normal to have that many players injured? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember another team with a problem this persistent in modern times.

We must be doing something wrong and that has been the case for yeaaars now.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #71
    Is it normal to have that many players injured? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember another team with a problem this persistent in modern times.

We must be doing something wrong and that has been the case for yeaaars now.
    No shit

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    chiellini will be back for march

danilo will be back in three weeks

when will costa and de sciglio back?
    MDS will be back after international break, like Danilo.
    Costa will be evaluated early October to get a better idea on his recovery time.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

vs quoting tuttosport:
    - de sciglio and costa will start training with the squad next week
    - they say costa is "ready to return", whatever it means exactly

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
    That says that De Sciglio and Danilo are back for Bologna, but likely on the bench as it's too early to start them. That they should expect to start by Lecce on the 26th. Before that against Lokomotiv and Bologna they can give some rest during the matches to Cuadrado and Alex.

It says about Douglas that he is back as well. That he will be the 3rd attacker for a 433 but that it's not certain that Sarri will change formations at this moment. At least not from the start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)