Indiana Jones Barca, 40M + Eto Bread + Hledebt to Inter (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's a lame game, that's for sure.

That's why Real Madrid is the gayest club in the world right up there with Manure, and now Barca is climbing up the ladder now, too.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Simple.

I'd rather have the antiquated, moldy, lethargic Cannavaro face Ibrahimovic than Eto'o.

A speedy player like him is too much to handle for our defense. Zlatan on the other hand has been shut down nicely because he is a different sort of player.
But we want to win CL, dont we. So we have to face Etoless Barcelona instead we have a Barca with a player who "can easily be marked" and we would only have to worry about Messi?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
It's a loss for both teams, Zlatan fits better at Inter and Eto'o fits better at Barcelona.

Zlatan does not need the balls he can receive from Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Henry, the balls he creates are needed at Inter badly. And not a single player at Barca would wait for what Zlatan can create. This ability is already there.

Now Eto'o, a great striker would wait ages to receive balls from Cambiasso, Muntari, Stankovic and Zanetti. The only player that can serve him is Maicon (whom I wholeheartedly wish to go to Real or Chelsea)
:agree:

+rep

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Simple.

I'd rather have the antiquated, moldy, lethargic Cannavaro face Ibrahimovic than Eto'o.

A speedy player like him is too much to handle for our defense. Zlatan on the other hand has been shut down nicely because he is a different sort of player.
I guess you're right, but still, these are only two matches Inter will play against Juve and 36 more matches against the other serie A teams.
Can Eto'o do what Zlatan was doing? Single-handedly bring them the win, score and create out of nothing when nothing works for Inter?

Not counting those 35-40m rumoured to go to Inter after the swap deal, i believe that Eto'o can not give even 50% of what Zlatan was giving to Inter.
But if Inter somehow manage to use the money smartly and buy someone who can create chances for Eto'o and Milito (lets say Fabregas), then it's another story.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What do you mean?

I just watched the highlights of all Real-Barca matches in the last 3 seasons
(while Cannavaro was there) and Eto'o scored only one goal (from the goal line) and assisted one more on the same match. On the other 5 matches he did nothing.
Thats dedicated checking :tup: :lol:

Mar 10, 2009
I guess you're right, but still, these are only two matches Inter will play against Juve and 36 more matches against the other serie A teams.
Can Eto'o do what Zlatan was doing? Single-handedly bring them the win, score and create out of nothing when nothing works for Inter?

Not counting those 35-40m rumoured to go to Inter after the swap deal, i believe that Eto'o can not give even 50% of what Zlatan was giving to Inter.
But if Inter somehow manage to use the money smartly and buy someone who can create chances for Eto'o and Milito (lets say Fabregas), then it's another story.

dude, media never gives praise to the likes of cambiasso , maicon etc They've been just as good as important as ibra. Besides 35 million is a big factor too, inter could end up buying villia with that money. Now you telling me ibra is better than etoo and villia but together ? Barca are stupid, ibra will imbalance the team, you'll see

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Absolutely not. Ibrahimovic moving on is a major blow to the team, obviously.

Perhaps with the extra cash they'll look to Ribery perhaps? Although Bayern won't take anything less than 50M Euros for him.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I doubt they would sign Lucio over Carvalho if that type of money was around the corner.

The offer sounds ridiculous to me. The cash component should be much smaller.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
dude, media never gives praise to the likes of cambiasso , maicon etc They've been just as good as important as ibra.
I understand what you're saying. I watched Inter a lot in the last seasons.
I even showed You guys some stats last season about Inter's matches when at least one of Cesar, Maicon, Ibra or Cambiasso wasn't playing. I don't remember the numbers correctly, but it was sometime around round 30 or round 31 and this is how it looked:
When at least one of the 4 players mentioned above wasn't playing, Inter had 1win-5 draws- 1 defeat. When all of them played Inter had 21-1-1. (i repeat, don't take the numbers literally but it was something like that).

But they also felt it when someone like Stankovic wasn't playing. Many said that Mourinho was looking for excuses when he said that Inter are like some machine and when only one piece of the mechanism is missing, the team is suffering. He was right.

So, i'm not taking anything away from Cesar, Cambiasso or Maicon. They were really important. But i think it was obvious that Inter's main weakness was creating chances. It could've been seen against teams who played with 10 people in the box. There were matches when there was absolutely no-one to make that final pass. This is where Zlatan's role was very important. When nothing worked, it was him and only him who took things into his own hands and brought them the win with one single move.

Now with Eto'o, a player who is dependent on that final pass, they might be more lethal in front of the goal, but unless they buy someone of Diego's or Fabregas' caliber, they will suffer a lot. They won't have Zlatan to do something out of nowhere.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Inter clearly had a want-away in Ibra. I'm not surprised, given how much he wants more opportunity to underperform on a more international stage.

But Jack nailed it: I think this is a poor trade for both clubs. Barca is acting like their fanbase is giving them pressure to emulate Real Madrid, and Inter is making the best of a marquee player that wanted out.

Mar 10, 2009
I understand what you're saying. I watched Inter a lot in the last seasons.
I even showed You guys some stats last season about Inter's matches when at least one of Cesar, Maicon, Ibra or Cambiasso wasn't playing. I don't remember the numbers correctly, but it was sometime around round 30 or round 31 and this is how it looked:
When at least one of the 4 players mentioned above wasn't playing, Inter had 1win-5 draws- 1 defeat. When all of them played Inter had 21-1-1. (i repeat, don't take the numbers literally but it was something like that).

But they also felt it when someone like Stankovic wasn't playing. Many said that Mourinho was looking for excuses when he said that Inter are like some machine and when only one piece of the mechanism is missing, the team is suffering. He was right.

So, i'm not taking anything away from Cesar, Cambiasso or Maicon. They were really important. But i think it was obvious that Inter's main weakness was creating chances. It could've been seen against teams who played with 10 people in the box. There were matches when there was absolutely no-one to make that final pass. This is where Zlatan's role was very important. When nothing worked, it was him and only him who took things into his own hands and brought them the win with one single move.

Now with Eto'o, a player who is dependent on that final pass, they might be more lethal in front of the goal, but unless they buy someone of Diego's or Fabregas' caliber, they will suffer a lot. They won't have Zlatan to do something out of nowhere.
I agree with you, but they have another 35 million to spend, not to mention the extra 3 million they got for maxwell. So about 40 million, they could easily buy a creative player. I see augero coming

Im not saying that ibra isnt amazing, but eto'o plus 35 million is just plain idiotic in my books

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Im not saying that ibra isnt amazing, but eto'o plus 35 million is just plain idiotic in my books
Yes. It's either a huge overvaluing of Zlatan, or Eto'o is extremely undervalued. I think it's the latter.
First we'll have to see if this number is correct though.

If it is then the numbers are as they are probably because it's Etoo's last season and Barcelona can lose him for 0 eur next year. Being in his last season his price probably dropped a lot and he's valued at 15-20m. Eto'o wanting to leave at any cost is probably making his price even lower. So if it's Eto'o= 15-20m eur and Zlatan= 50-55m eur, only in this case the numbers would make some sense.

But i still doubt the numbers are correct. Maybe Eto'o+20/25m eur will be the final deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)