Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (109 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I have not seen much of Mutu for Juventus just yet however I'm expecting him to be a bit more useful than Del Piero. He certainly will displace Nedved on the latter's current form.
Come to think of it Andy, Mutu being totally ignored during the opening game was a tactical routine by Moggi to keep everyone guessing about the transfer. I think that was the reason. Otherwise I will see Mutu playing an important role in the team and probably ahead of Pavel.

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
Ok the transfer window is closed and Del Piero stayed with us .. how do you think his season will look like? is he going to be a starter under Capello? will he find a place in Lippi's squad fo wc2006? can he suprise us all? or stuff will get shitier and he'll leave in january?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Agreed Jeeks. Moggi probably held Mutu back just in case he would be involved with a transfer, and hopefully we will see Adrian in the trident attack next week.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
Ok the transfer window is closed and Del Piero stayed with us .. how do you think his season will look like? is he going to be a starter under Capello? will he find a place in Lippi's squad fo wc2006? can he suprise us all? or stuff will get shitier and he'll leave in january?
I have a feeling Del Piero will be behind Trezeguet, Zlatan, Mutu, and sometimes even under Zalayeta in the pecking order. However, if Capello uses a rotation system like he should, we will get to see Alex a lot this season. We already know who Capello's favors.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Alex better produce those good performances that we saw a glimpse of last year, cuz i dont think the cassano deal is dead yet.

But overall its good to see that the captain stayed

forzaa alex

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If Capello makes the 4-3-3 his first choice system (which I think he should BTW) all of the strikers will get their fair share of playing time. The forward who plays deepest in the trident, which will be either Mutu or Del Piero if Cap does indeed go with three upfront, could be key for us this season given our lack of creativity in midfield.

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Hi ppl,

Been browsing these forums for quite a while now, just got around to posting rite now. Just wanted to add my 2 cents about DP of whom i am a big admirer. Even though he`s not quite the DP of 95-98, the way some of the guys out here discount him from the current team is ridiculous. Now, even the staunchest DP hater will admit that Cap`s been a bit unfair to DP with the amount of bench time he gets.

Anyone who saw the game on Sunday, would admit that ibra was pretty crap, even then he dosent get the bench. And please dont even get started about DP`s bad form, One miss against inter and everyone`s baying for his blood, wheres as trez and ibra hardly did anythin on starting. How come everyone harps on that miss against inter and discounts his 2 goals against ROMA, the decent performance fo the Azzuri. C`mon guys give em a break.

If we`re talking about bad form and benching players on that basis, Neved and Trez had pretty dissapointing last seasons, y aint they seeing the bench then.

I hope DP`s makes the most of the starts Cap hands him this season and shuts up sum of em pricks out here

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sidd ] ++

Now, even the staunchest DP hater will admit that Cap`s been a bit unfair to DP with the amount of bench time he gets.
He doesnt have some divine right to play, Cap dont choose him because what he sees in training and from last season, and the reasons before etc.

When a team has better players, wrongly or rightly other players get benched.

Del Piero is nothing more then a back-up now.

He should of left.

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Well goin by how last season ended and for most of the pre season matches....maybe except for the inter match.....DPs performance has not warranted to keep him on the bench. I dunno abt training....but frm wat we`ve seen in matches...theres absolutely no reason y he shud be benched so much.....sure, Cap has every right to rotate his players and i hope he does just that and not play favorites.

Sep 28, 2002
kinda explains why roma went from title hopefuls one year to midtable losers the other.

if capello insists on playing zlatan, fine by me. but he sucks, which will happen from time to time, can he rotate the squad.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
A lot to prove? He won straight away, what else should he do?? And it's not so ridiculous that a reserve player is still a player in his NT. Example Owen. And it's not like that DP has been removed from his first eleven spot by two unknowns, but by two international players too.
I think Capello and Lippi come from different schools of thought. Lippi could bring the best out of the Birindellis and Pesottos of the world. Capello cannot. Capello's limitations are evident in the fact that he cannot work with anyone who is unproven on some level and more importantly only with those who he feels comofrtable with. He's unable to adapt. Lippi surely had made some transfer blunders in his time, but the fact of the matter is, he had a long tenure and more often than not, got things right. Like I've said before, he got more out of less. Sure, he did favour Del Piero more than he had ought to, but I think Capello favours his fair share as well. As far as I'm concerned they both are great coaches in their own right, as far as Juventus goes however, they cannot be compared. Not today, not five years from now.

day walker

Sep 20, 2004
capello didn't add anything to this team not just that he don't play a good football and make del piero's life mizrable and about nedved that's not the Golden Ball winner we all know
in my opinion capello suck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)