Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (52 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Cool it you two, no more insults. Azzuri, you dont need to answer insults towards DP with personal ones. And you Menace need to choose your language better.

End of discussion.

Dec 26, 2004
Del Piero demands respect Saturday 3 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero has silently accepted 20 substitutions at Juve and a place on the bench in the Italy squad, but Pinturicchio has finally lost patience and hit out.

“I don’t expect to have an automatic place in the side based on what I have done in the past, but I do want more respect and consideration,” he snapped.

Once the Golden Boy of Italian football, the 30-year-old is now reaching a crossroads in his career. The club situation is becoming intolerable, as the captain is now third choice behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet, with further competition from Adrian Mutu.

It is also affecting his international career, as Marcello Lippi recalled him after almost a year to play in the 2-1 friendly victory over the Republic of Ireland, but he’ll probably be benched against Scotland with the return of Francesco Totti.

“It is in my destiny that I must always prove myself again and again,” continued the disillusioned star. “Last year in Moldova was much the same and I’m here in an identical position once more. In any case, it is only right that everyone must earn their place.”

“I do like the new trident attack system that Lippi is adopting and it’s right to focus on the quality we have in Italian football. It’s also possible for me to play alongside Totti with this tactic. We will aim to take control and earn all three points in Scotland to ensure our qualification for the World Cup.”

The real battle is with Juventus and Coach Fabio Capello’s treatment of him – substituting Del Piero 20 times in Serie A alone last season – has spread to the rest of the club.

This week Juve shareholder and FIAT President Luca Cordero di Montezemolo told journalists that Antonio Cassano was the ideal advertising representative for the new Punto because “he’s more cheeky.”

“That just means there will be other cars for me in the future,” said a visibly upset Del Piero when told of this statement.

The summer transfer window may have closed, but many still expect Cassano to join Juventus in January – effectively freezing out Alex altogether.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well on the subject of having a juve-free alex......

i dont know who would step up to be the next juve icon????
Every team needs a leader, an icon(even if he doesnt play)

Thats the only concern for me, nothing else if alex leaves who will fill his shoes outside the field

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

“I don’t expect to have an automatic place in the side based on what I have done in the past, but I do want more respect and consideration,” he snapped.
This is really sad... If thats really true that Del Piero said that then it is very sad. How did we (fans, journalists, managements ..etc) let the situation reach such condition.
Del Piero has been faithful to both Juventus and Italy. He is still producing wonderful football. He is Juventus' Captain and should be respected and treated as is. Look at Milan, look how they treat Maldini. Even if he doesn't start he is respected. When the Captain is on the field for any team this means alot for the fans and for the teams psychology.
I don't know what Capello's plan for this season, but I hope he realizes that DP is not Totti. He has class. After 20+ subs (many were not justified) last season he held up Capellos hand infront of everyone, as a victorious and a hero.
If Juventus lose Del Piero then Juventus will have lost ALOT.

RESPECT is the key word. Del Piero did not ask for first 11 appearance. He asked for RESPECT. I think all of us fans should stop saying crap about him.
For the past a year and half its been like this, if Juventus loses its DP's fault even if he wasn't in the pitch... This is not how you treat the captain.
Del Piero deserves much much better treatment than what he's getting now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 48)

• Ali