Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (40 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He is pretty fairly rated. Never heard anyone say he is not a legend.
He is fairly rated.

In Italy especially. During his career there was the neverending debate about him and Totti. These days everyone respects them. It doesn't matter if they're Inter fans, Napoli fans or Roma fans. Everyone agrees they have had incredible careers and Italian football was lucky to have them.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He is fairly rated.

In Italy especially. During his career there was the neverending debate about him and Totti. These days everyone respects them. It doesn't matter if they're Inter fans, Napoli fans or Roma fans. Everyone agrees they have had incredible careers and Italian football was lucky to have them.
No new attacking stars that followed them made both even more appreciated. Buffon and Pirlo were the biggest stars after them but both were not attackers.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No new attacking stars that followed them made both even more appreciated. Buffon and Pirlo were the biggest stars after them but both were not attackers.
If you're looking at forwards, Balotelli during Euro 2012 probably came closest to stardom. That was over 10 years ago and in the end it didn't materialise.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I always get the vibe from you that you dont really like Del Piero and feel the need to balance out all the love and adoration everyone else has for him.
Oh no, he's my childhood idol and my all time favorite player. I hope he gets some sort of function with us in the coming years.

Which is why I'm very critical of the things he gets wrong. He has vastly improved as a tv personality over the years, but I don't think he has quite the substance to his personality just yet to be on our board.

- - - Updated - - -

No man, he's a huge ADP fan. Just doesn't like his dressings style :D
Yeah, pretty much :D

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Oh no, he's my childhood idol and my all time favorite player. I hope he gets some sort of function with us in the coming years.

Which is why I'm very critical of the things he gets wrong. He has vastly improved as a tv personality over the years, but I don't think he has quite the substance to his personality just yet to be on our board.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, pretty much :D
must be a Belgium thing :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)