Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (30 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Look at what just popped up on my twitter feed. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero really is without a doubt one of the most genuinely humble guys out there, he always finds the time for both fans and peasants alike, and he does it with a friendly smile every single time. :tup:

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Ale joins JJ he will turn from legend to hate figure like Nedved

Stay away from JJ and enjoy life
Honestly I dont understand the hate towards Nedved - Im pretty sure 99% of the fans dont even know what he is actually doing for the club.
Im not saying he should be praised but I am saying - people just look for people to blame.

Anyway Del Piero - He should come back for some role but the question is which role suits him.

- - - Updated - - -

There are probably 50 forwards better than him in history. Just from active players alone: CR, Messi, Suarez, Benzema, Lewandoski. Haaland and Mbappe should pass him too.

I love him and respect him and all, but not so much of a world legend.
I think people are looking at it wrong.
DP was more than just a forward - He linked the plays and assisted as well.
While I admit there were some who are better than him Im not sure I`d put Suarez and Benzema into this equation.

In any case he is a legend and one of the best players in Juve`s history. Top 50? probably but I think it was his injury that prevented him for winning the golden ball in his career.
DP before 99 was incredible and only second to Ronaldo (who would have been remembered as the GOAT should he not got injured himself)

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

Cool. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

So many famous italian carmakers out there and yet it’s za’ germans who get Del Piero to promote their new cars. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Really glad to see he is appreciated and doing well for himself.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
So... at Mutu's retirement charity game today there was supposed to also be Del Piero among the invitees, but apparently he had to kindly decline it weeks prior when he learned on which days they are doing the event, and the media here was discussing some of the names who did not show up and the reasons why, and because of guess what reason Del Piero couldn't be in Romania this weekend? They led me to finding this news article.

https://news.italy-24.com/News/498798/Why-Del-Piero-was-invited-to-Britney-Spears’-wedding.html

Didn't see this one coming and i'm surprised the US folks here didn't bring it up yet. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So awkward but cool at the same time! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)