Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (68 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The best description I’ve read about Del Piero is from Reddit:

“When Del Piero was at his absolute peak, between 1995 to 1998, he had begun to eclipse the great Roberto Baggio, was a serious rival to Ronaldo (El Fenomeno) in Serie A, and many football fans and players expected him to go on to be the best player in the world.

In his prime, it's no exaggeration to say that his pace, technique and goalscoring were absolutely breathtaking.

He then suffered a serious, serious injury in the 1998-1999 season and was out for a long time, several years if I remember correctly. The truth is he was a slightly inferior, but different player afterwards.

He had a splendid renaissance in the late 2000s, when he was a key part of Lippi's WC winning squad, resurrected Juve from Serie B and scored some legendary goals, such as his double against Real Madrid.

He remains one of only a few players who have been applauded off the pitch at the Bernabeu by both the home and away fans. It was like the inverse of what happened with C. Ronaldo this season.

He was still, between 2002-2010, a peak world class player, and between 2010-2012 he was still a world class player but past his best.

The truth is, after the injury, he lost half a yard of pace and wasn't able to go on those barraging runs like he used to.

Youthful exuberance can be killed by a serious injury like that.

At his best he was one of the best players in the world.”

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The best description I’ve read about Del Piero is from Reddit:

“When Del Piero was at his absolute peak, between 1995 to 1998, he had begun to eclipse the great Roberto Baggio, was a serious rival to Ronaldo (El Fenomeno) in Serie A, and many football fans and players expected him to go on to be the best player in the world.

In his prime, it's no exaggeration to say that his pace, technique and goalscoring were absolutely breathtaking.

He then suffered a serious, serious injury in the 1998-1999 season and was out for a long time, several years if I remember correctly. The truth is he was a slightly inferior, but different player afterwards.

He had a splendid renaissance in the late 2000s, when he was a key part of Lippi's WC winning squad, resurrected Juve from Serie B and scored some legendary goals, such as his double against Real Madrid.

He remains one of only a few players who have been applauded off the pitch at the Bernabeu by both the home and away fans. It was like the inverse of what happened with C. Ronaldo this season.

He was still, between 2002-2010, a peak world class player, and between 2010-2012 he was still a world class player but past his best.

The truth is, after the injury, he lost half a yard of pace and wasn't able to go on those barraging runs like he used to.

Youthful exuberance can be killed by a serious injury like that.

At his best he was one of the best players in the world.”
This is something Ale's fans don't recognize. Ale's acceleration was mediocre but he did have a lot of pace, more before his serious injury.

- - - Updated - - -

I have absolutely no doubt that he would have a Ballon d'Or without that damn injury.
He should have won it in 1998. Fuck Ronaldo. Ale won the Scudetto and was CL's top goalscorer.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember @Post Ironic and likes arguing Dybala > ADP after or during Dybala's first season lol.
Post Ironic = :stupid:

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We should bring him back for four months training to show Bernardeschi when to release a pass and hone his shooting technique, and to show Dybala how to control a football under pressure.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We should bring him back for four months training to show Bernardeschi when to release a pass and hone his shooting technique, and to show Dybala how to control a football under pressure.
If we take him back he`ll be our most creative player.. and by quite a margin..

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Why should be AA a problem?
Not exactly sure if AA is necessarily the main culprit here but otherwise perhaps of the same reasons Del Piero didn’t eventually get to end his career at Juventus. Either that or/and the club atm is simply not oferring an appealing enough role for him to accept.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as far as i recall he is pretty much involved in owning a 2nd? or 3rd? tier US team called LA10, aswell as if i’m not mistaking actually recently seeing him collaborating with some sort of Juventus academy project in the same area.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)