Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (73 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Basically we took a more professional approach when dealing with Ale which i feel was just so wrong. He earned the right to be treated different than the others.

I still get really annoyed when i think about it. Roma gave Totti an amazing farewell. Our club did nothing for Ale.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
And do what exactly?

He's living his best life out in L.A. while getting paid to make appearances all over the planet.
This. He shouldn't even bother coming back, the club showed him where he stood with them and they split ways. Ale can do what he wants, how he wants. He owes the club nothing. I wouldn't even be mad if he became a member of FIGC and refused to work for Juventus.

Besides like you said getting paid to make appearances all over the planet, he having it great! When he wants a challenge he'll go seek one out on his own.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The difference between Juve and clubs like Roma and Napoli is if they have a player like Del Piero, Totti or even a legend like Maradona, the player becomes almost as big as the club. For Juve it doesn't matter how great the standing of the players, whether it's a long-term club legend like Del Piero or Buffon, or for example a global superstar like Ronaldo comes in and wins everything in the way he has done before, or as Platini did for the club. In the end it's just another great player in a long list, and onward we go looking at creating the next great player, winning the next set of trophies, creating great teams. It doesn't stop, and that sets us apart.

It might seem like a cold club to be a legend for but that ethic is there from day one, we do the best for players and if they don't want to stay here they can move to another top team, but probably won't find the same. There is more romance and nostalgia at other clubs, but that is because there is also about a tenth as many trophies, great teams, great players and great games to remember.

As far as Juve are concerned the club is number one and you have to look through a telescope to find number two, even the greatest legends we had. When it stops being that way we should start worrying, because it has to be the same way for all elite teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)