Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (133 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Like what, exactly? Give him some token role in the club?

At least at Real Mallorca, which is owned by his close friend Steve Nash, he will actually be able to get his hands dirty and learn from the ground up.

Here, he would just be doing a lot of public relations appearances and fund raising. It appears as if this man wants to actually do some behind the scenes work.

Unless you think Nedved's got a token role, I don't think Ale would need much time to get up to speed with a similar role.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Unless you think Nedved's got a token role, I don't think Ale would need much time to get up to speed with a similar role.
Nedved doesn't have a token role, but how may directors do you need on a squad?

Ale is going to be the Director General at Real Mallorca. He is getting a chance to actually help construct a squad. He is going to be the man at that club.

What do you do, have him become the assistant Director General at Juve, and be under both Paratici and Marotta?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

Ale is going to be the Director General at Real Mallorca. He is getting a chance to actually help construct a squad. He is going to be the man at that club.

What do you do, have him become the assistant Director General at Juve, and be under both Paratici and Marotta?
With time and experience he gains you can easily give him youth sector or something. Marotta and Paratici collect the best talents so we're getting away with it but it would be good to actually make some use of our own youth. That's the department to be worked on for Juve.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
With time and experience he gains you can easily give him youth sector or something. Marotta and Paratici collect the best talents so we're getting away with it but it would be good to actually make some use of our own youth. That's the department to be worked on for Juve.
Or, he gets the chance to rebuild a club in his vision, all the while working with one of his best friends. With FAR less pressure on him, considering he has no attachment to Mallorca at all.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

It's better he learns the ropes in a far more competitive set up IMO. It's far likely to help him succeed at a future role at the club in a real way than this experience would prep him up, comparatively speaking. He knows nothi about balancing finances and talent, and it would be great if he could observe that at the highest level on a daily basis than deal with the kind of quietude he would have at a lower league level at Mallorca.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dunno about you but I supported the shit out of Sydney FC for two years.
I didn't. First and only club team I supported was Juventus and it started pretty much with Baggio. Given that I was very young at that age, Baggio was soon surpassed by Ale. But I doubt I would have followed him to another team. To me personally Del Piero's career ended in 2012 anyway.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I didn't. First and only club team I supported was Juventus and it started pretty much with Baggio. Given that I was very young at that age, Baggio was soon surpassed by Ale. But I doubt I would have followed him to another team. To me personally Del Piero's career ended in 2012 anyway.
You didn't even support your local KLSK Londerzeel?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
In any other country Londerzeel could probably be considered local. Not in Belgium though. It's a half hour drive. They might as well play on Mars.
You actually live that close to Londerzeel? :lol:

I just went on google maps to find the most Belgium sounding town I could find in less than 20 seconds :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seriously though, I think you're the most loyal Juve fan I know.
Wouldn't know about that, but it's true that I can't even imagine supporting another team.

- - - Updated - - -

You actually live that close to Londerzeel? :lol:

I just went on google maps to find the most Belgium sounding town I could find in less than 20 seconds :D
Londerzeel is halfway between Brussels and Antwerp. And Brussels is close too. I think if I were to drive to the absolute other side of the country, it would take me slightly less than two hours.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Wouldn't know about that, but it's true that I can't even imagine supporting another team.
You see, I used to support Liverpool when I was 5 years old because of my uncle. I'd bet your parents wrapped you in a Juve baby grove when you were born.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)