Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (37 Viewers)

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Del Piero is a GOD. I love what Agnelli has done in the recent years and I have great respect for him but when it comes to this... fuck Agnelli... Seriously, first we got rid of Trez and brought in Luca Toni and then got rid of Ale and had to watch fuckin' Giovinco all season... FUCK THAT, I don't care if Ale is 200 years old, he will always bring more to the table than the pathetic midget
De man in your avatar is another one who I feel deserves a proper send off and lap of honor. A geriatric, walking frame shuffling, adult diaper wearing, dementia having Trezeguet is still twice the man (literally) and ten times the player tattoo from fantasy island is.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
big ass interview with GdS today, need some of our Google Translate champions on it.

- - - Updated - - -

big ass interview with GdS today, need some of our Google Translate champions on it.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Tweets from ADP1113:

Del Piero on his future "I recently said that I'll decide after Christmas, so between Dec. 26th & Aug. I think Jan/Feb is when I'll decide."

Del Piero on his future "To listen to your head or body? It's important to listen to both."

Gazzetta's Olivero: How many fans came to Jesolo instead of going to VillarPerosa on Sunday? - Alex "I don't know but a lot came to see me."

Del Piero on his exit "Did I do something wrong with Juve last year? I did not ask myself that question."

Del Piero on his exit "Did my exit ignite a feud between the Delpieristi & Agnelliani? It's a story with many sides."

Del Piero on his exit "It was a traumatic farewell, the aftermath that I was left with was inevitable."

Del Piero "There is no need to be divided: Those who cheer for Juve can also cheer for Sydney."

Del Piero on #10 "Non of my former-teammates wanted to wear it? That has been the greatest reward from them." [1/2]

Del Piero on #10 "I thank Arturo [Vidal], Pirlo, Marchisio, Buffon, all those who could have worn it." [2/2]

Del Piero on his Juve never winning 3 Scudetti in a row "In the past we mainly aimed for the CL, which consumes a lot of energy.." [1/2].

Del Piero on his Juve never winning 3 Scudetti in a row "And our squad was never this big, Juve now has 2 players for every position." [2/2]

Del Piero "With such a large squad, Juve can win their 3rd Scudetto while challenging in the CL."

Del Piero on Pope Francesco "I believe in people whose intentions are to do good, just like Pope Francesco."

Del Piero on what he'd watch if JUV-MIL, REAL-BARCA, UTD-CHE, BAY-BVB PSG-MON were all on "I'll manage, with 3 TVs & 2 Video-recorders."
Del Piero "These matches have to be seen, all them, they are matches that carry culture & tradition."

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Del Piero "I admire Borussia, when they were fighting to avoid relegation they had a top 3 spectator average in Europe, that is passion."

Del Piero "Messi or Ronaldo? Maybe I would've enjoyed playing more with Leo, however, Cristiano is outstanding."

Del Piero when asked who was the greatest - him, Totti or Baggio? "Simply by the way you have asked your question, all 3 of us are winners."

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero on what it means to be a big winner in sports "It is when you are able to write your own story, there is nothing like that."

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero on what it means to be a big winner in sports "Then there is the highest achievement: entering the hearts of people." [2/2]

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Del Piero: 'My traumatic Juve exit'
By Football Italia staff

Alessandro Del Piero reveals his Juventus exit was “traumatic,” but has faith they can win the Scudetto and Champions League.

The former captain is in Italy at the moment with Sydney FC, who are having their pre-season training camp in Jesolo.

“The Australians are very Anglo-Saxon, so they don’t say anything if there’s a tough tackle, but react badly to an elbow or a shirt-tug. They cannot stand unfair play,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“In Italy, on the other hand, we don’t know how to mark on a corner without sneaky tactics.

“We also wasted the 1990 World Cup in Italy, as the stadiums haven’t been touched since. In the last 15 years England and Germany have built or modernised their venues, resolved the safety issue and worked on the sporting mentality.

“In other countries you have respect for the rules, honesty and certainty those who do wrong will be punished. Glasgow Rangers are an historic club, but they went bankrupt and nobody rescued them just because they were famous.”

Del Piero will always remain a Juventus fan and now Carlos Tevez has inherited his Number 10 jersey.

“My departure was traumatic and left inevitable traces. I don’t want to divide anyone, as those who support Juve can also cheer on Sydney.

“My former teammates said the 10 will always be mine? That was the gratifying and I thank Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo, Claudio Marchisio and Gigi Buffon, as any of them could’ve taken it over.

“In the past my Juve had as an objective the Champions League, which sucks a lot of energy out of you, and a less vast squad. Now there are two players for every role and at this moment Juve have six strikers. A Coach has the opportunity to choose.

“With a squad like this Juve can easily try to win the third consecutive Scudetto and simultaneously challenge for the Champions League.”
--------
Bah, didn't see the link above.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Their headline is expected one since they were aiming to open up the old wounds. It's actually the minor part of the interview and of course after spending 19 years here it would be always difficult to part ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)