Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (37 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
gonna make goal to read all 3406 pages before the season opener tonight. :) Currently on 22.
Not sure if dedication, or boredom. Holy damn. Sometimes I go back & read the first few pages of a thread, especially if it's been around for a while, to see the differences in opinion over the years, but I almost never read an entire thread if it's more than like 20 pages.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Tweets from ADP1113:

Del Piero on his future "I recently said that I'll decide after Christmas, so between Dec. 26th & Aug. I think Jan/Feb is when I'll decide."

Del Piero on his future "To listen to your head or body? It's important to listen to both."

Gazzetta's Olivero: How many fans came to Jesolo instead of going to VillarPerosa on Sunday? - Alex "I don't know but a lot came to see me."

Del Piero on his exit "Did I do something wrong with Juve last year? I did not ask myself that question."

Del Piero on his exit "Did my exit ignite a feud between the Delpieristi & Agnelliani? It's a story with many sides."

Del Piero on his exit "It was a traumatic farewell, the aftermath that I was left with was inevitable."

Del Piero "There is no need to be divided: Those who cheer for Juve can also cheer for Sydney."

Del Piero on #10 "Non of my former-teammates wanted to wear it? That has been the greatest reward from them." [1/2]

Del Piero on #10 "I thank Arturo [Vidal], Pirlo, Marchisio, Buffon, all those who could have worn it." [2/2]

Del Piero on his Juve never winning 3 Scudetti in a row "In the past we mainly aimed for the CL, which consumes a lot of energy.." [1/2].

Del Piero on his Juve never winning 3 Scudetti in a row "And our squad was never this big, Juve now has 2 players for every position." [2/2]

Del Piero "With such a large squad, Juve can win their 3rd Scudetto while challenging in the CL."

Del Piero on Pope Francesco "I believe in people whose intentions are to do good, just like Pope Francesco."

Del Piero on what he'd watch if JUV-MIL, REAL-BARCA, UTD-CHE, BAY-BVB PSG-MON were all on "I'll manage, with 3 TVs & 2 Video-recorders."
Del Piero "These matches have to be seen, all them, they are matches that carry culture & tradition."
Del Piero "I admire Borussia, when they were fighting to avoid relegation they had a top 3 spectator average in Europe, that is passion."

Del Piero "Messi or Ronaldo? Maybe I would've enjoyed playing more with Leo, however, Cristiano is outstanding."

Del Piero when asked who was the greatest - him, Totti or Baggio? "Simply by the way you have asked your question, all 3 of us are winners."

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero on what it means to be a big winner in sports "It is when you are able to write your own story, there is nothing like that."

- - - Updated - - -

Del Piero on what it means to be a big winner in sports "Then there is the highest achievement: entering the hearts of people." [2/2]
inspiring as always... he's a perfect role-model to have

when in doubt, ask yourself: what would Del Piero do/say? :D

Buffon's Army

Jun 28, 2013
I admit, I am a virgin, I was bored out of my mind, but even I couldn't make it that far haha. Instead I just look through the Pirlo thread as a fellow poster suggested and looked through Juve highlights last yr. It sucks because I barely got to watch Del Piero besides the WC games where he came off as sub. it was very hard to follow here.

Lately I've been reading up on Milan and Inter rivalries and I can feel the hatred being built up.

But I have watched Tevez for Man United when they were the only team being shown. followed by man city where he was the top goal scorer. I'm glad he is on our side.

Sorry for derailment of the thread, carry on with the Del Piero discussion.

Aug 17, 2007
Gazzetta: Prandelli- Del Piero and Totti are also in consideration for the World Cup.

Great. Now I have a huge boner for nothing. Never gonna happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhhhhhhh Shut up :D

I know he'll never make it to Brazil but the fact that Prandelli even mentioned him is a big big surprise

- - - Updated - - -

Prandelli:"Del Piero is very enthusiastic and wants to make it".

Nov 17, 2012
As unlikely as it is, if Del Piero plays in Brasil, I'm completely unashamed to admit that I will end up coating Rio is several layers of jizz!

Just booked my flights last week! :D

Though, I restate what I have said previously, why the fuck didn't Prandelli take Totti and/or ADP to the Euros or Confeds? For f*ck sake both or one of them could've had a massive impact off the bench!

Aug 17, 2007
The chances aren't high of course, but Prandelli said very interesting thing in that interview- he said he doesn't need to plan anymore, but to build the best team possible. In recent years he kept saying that there's place for everybody but he needs to focus on young players. Perhaps now, that the process of switching from one generation to another is pretty much done, he understands a veteran sub could help him...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)