Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (86 Viewers)

greystar

Feb 27, 2010
Useless? Terry Mcflynn can find his own GK with a pass even if he's in the opponent's area. The guy never passed the ball forward in his career. He's a genius.
exactly. I had been wondering if any of the SFC midfielders knows how to pass forward..

- - - Updated - - -

and here in Beijing as well. actually it's not the first time, news of ADP's goal in the a-league

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I know, Baggio is head and shoulders above everyone on the list, how he is third I don't know, only thing I can think of is that it must be a very young audience voting.
How is manchini in there is one more surprise to me.

Though Baggio may be the better player overall, but on a club level he is nowhere near what Del Piero achieved.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
How is manchini in there is one more surprise to me.

Though Baggio may be the better player overall, but on a club level he is nowhere near what Del Piero achieved.
Pippo Inzaghi achieved more than Baggio did. Winning medals isn't indicative of a players ability.

Del Piero is the greatest Juve player of all time, not even up for debate, but as far as who is the best player on that list, again it's not even up for debate. Baggio is hands down better than all of them. By quite the distance.

Mancini was a very good player in his prime.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Pippo Inzaghi achieved more than Baggio did. Winning medals isn't indicative of a players ability.

Del Piero is the greatest Juve player of all time, not even up for debate, but as far as who is the best player on that list, again it's not even up for debate. Baggio is hands down better than all of them. By quite the distance.

Kind of agree. Though Mancini was a very good player, he is far from the greats list.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

in what way baggio is the best on that list that is not even up for debate? skills? goals? playing style?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well Del Piero should win class award against anyone in football world. I honestly can't think of any player that comes even close. Maybe some players from way way back in past, but from the last 50 years I doubt there is any that would rival him.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Well Del Piero should win class award against anyone in football world. I honestly can't think of any player that comes even close. Maybe some players from way way back in past, but from the last 50 years I doubt there is any that would rival him.
We've been very lucky as we've had Boniperti, Scirea and Del Piero. All three class acts.

I don't think we've ever get players as classy as them again.

Aug 17, 2007
013-03-05
FINAL SPRINT

The ascent was rather hard, but we gave our best to get back on track, and elbowed our way to take the right position aiming at the top. Our target is now play off.

The way we have taken was far from easy, at the moment our position doesn't permit us to access the final phase of the season, but there's still a possibility to make it.

We have four important matches in front of us, the final sprint. The first one will be played at home on Saturday against Central Coast Mariners, then, another one against Melbourne Victory, also at home.

Well, the destiny of our season will be written on Allianz Stadium and we need all the support of our fans to keep on going for our target. Then we'll deal with derby against Western Sydney and the season will end with our match in Brisbane. We'll be fighting till the end.

My team mates and I are enthusiastic and excited.

C'mon Sky Blues!

Alessandro

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I've seen both players, Del Piero is more talented and got more class.
Del Piero is absolute class, probably the nicest man you could meet in football, as humble as they come.

But more talented? Come on, lets not mince words, Baggio was superior by far, ask any non Juventini who was better between the pair & most people would instantly say Baggio. As he said himself, everything he done in the game he did with one and a half legs.

in what way baggio is the best on that list that is not even up for debate? skills? goals? playing style?
If you are old enough to have seen all four of them play (don't know why Pirlo is on that list though), you would know why Baggio was better. When Serie A was the greatest and most competitive league in the history of football, Baggio was tearing teams apart, for fun. Scoring mind boggling goals from every angle on the pitch, as everyone knows he dragged a mundane Italy side to the final of the 1994 World Cup, which neither DP or Totti ever did.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Del Piero is absolute class, probably the nicest man you could meet in football, as humble as they come.

But more talented? Come on, lets not mince words, Baggio was superior by far, ask any non Juventini who was better between the pair & most people would instantly say Baggio. As he said himself, everything he done in the game he did with one and a half legs.

If you are old enough to have seen all four of them play (don't know why Pirlo is on that list though), you would know why Baggio was better. When Serie A was the greatest and most competitive league in the history of football, Baggio was tearing teams apart, for fun. Scoring mind boggling goals from every angle on the pitch, as everyone knows he dragged a mundane Italy side to the final of the 1994 World Cup, which neither DP or Totti ever did.
No disrespecting Baggio here man but he brought them to the final and then missed the most crucial penalty in his career. He will be rememberd for that miss, not for his amazing talent and ponytail.
If you ask random people Baggio, 95% will say that penalty miss vs Brasil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 81)