Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (230 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
Freekick goal - Check

Goal winner in a derby - Check

Lets see what we have next week :smile:
Left foot, like you said :D 2nd goal, 1st win, what a great way to start the day!

Sydney looked a bit better today. The defence looked more confident, and Emerton finally played in the midfield (now I want Culina to start too). It was an aggressive match, like a derby should be, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the stadium. Ale's first fk, from 40-45m, was sick! He missed a good chance in the first half, a pretty rare chance, cause he doesn't get chances in open play, and that's what I miss in Sydney's game. His move that lead to the goal was brilliant, and the first penalty was great, too bad the ref whistled for nothing. Thank god Ale reacted fast after he missed the second shot, and made Rab's predicition come true :D

Btw, we need to give him a new nickname- The Teacher. He jsut teaches those guys football on the pitch, it's amazing. Those touches...Fox commentator said:"I don't think it's possible to make him lose the ball". I'm searching for a video from the 71/72 mintue, where Ale played Tiki-tiki with them. Many short passes in small area, then he passed the ball to Emerton, the last open his legs and it ended with a shot that was deflected to corner. It was fantastic.

Next week vs. Perth Glory, in a 83,000 seats stadium. I hope for at least 40,000 fans. Aussies, how come the moved the match to this huge stadium? Any special reason?

- - - Updated - - -

Just got home from the match. Here are both of Ale's penalties from my point of view.

You lucky bastard :D You'll be there next week vs. Glory too?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jukes

Oct 13, 2012
Next week vs. Perth Glory, in a 83,000 seats stadium. I hope for at least 40,000 fans. Aussies, how come the moved the match to this huge stadium? Any special reason?
They are putting new turf in their current stadium. Not an ideal situation, but thats the way it goes.
They will be playing at the Olympic Stadium. I will be interested to see how many fans come to the game.

It has a totally different feel. I think its less atmospheric. The matches at SFS(current stadium) was made for football and is a good stadium for atmosphere.

Jukes

Oct 13, 2012
if only Sydney had one half-decent forward who could retain/release the ball properly.

playing Emerton at RMF was a good move, he sucks at RB.
I never agreed with the coach to put him at right back. I always thought he was better suited as an attacking midfielder.
When Jason Culina gets fit and is in the side it should be a lot better going forward in attack.
We are also waiting for Bosschart (defender) to come back from Achilles injury, maybe 1- 3 weeks away.

Aug 17, 2007
I never agreed with the coach to put him at right back. I always thought he was better suited as an attacking midfielder.
When Jason Culina gets fit and is in the side it should be a lot better going forward in attack.
We are also waiting for Bosschart (defender) to come back from Achilles injury, maybe 1- 3 weeks away.
When will Culina be fit? And the next home match will be played in the regular stadium?

Jukes

Oct 13, 2012
When will Culina be fit? And the next home match will be played in the regular stadium?
He would say he is ready, but he overcame a serious knee injury and was having contract disputes with his old club Newcastle Jets and so hasnt played for a long time. He overcame his injuries with a lot of hard work and is doing extra training to get fit. Its not the same as playing. It all depends on the coach what he wants to do, but I would expect he would start playing very soon.

The regular stadium Allianz (Sydney football stadium) 35-40k Capacity is getting new turf. The next home match is at ANZ stadium (Olympic Stadium) 80-85K capacity. I think they said it will take 4 weeks before any games at SFS

Aug 17, 2007
He would say he is ready, but he overcame a serious knee injury and was having contract disputes with his old club Newcastle Jets and so hasnt played for a long time. He overcame his injuries with a lot of hard work and is doing extra training to get fit. Its not the same as playing. It all depends on the coach what he wants to do, but I would expect he would start playing very soon.

The regular stadium Allianz (Sydney football stadium) 35-40k Capacity is getting new turf. The next home match is at ANZ stadium (Olympic Stadium) 80-85K capacity. I think they said it will take 4 weeks before any games at SFS
:tup:

Aug 17, 2007

I just love those videos. gray, you should sit with the hardcore fans next match and get us noisy videos :D

I hope the atmosphere will be good next week too, but it's not gonna be easy cause it's a huge stadium. I hope for at least a new record, which means more than 35K fans. It's not a lot in a 83k seat stadium, but it's impossible to expect more than that.

Aug 17, 2007
Fantastic, but it's not easy for him out there cause Sydney is pretty weak, so it's takes a lot before they even get to scoring chance. I know we all talked about him scoring 40 goals a season cause the league is weak. But he has to create all by himself, and the defenders are quick, strong and agressive, even if they're not so smart and talented, so it's not easy at all.

Jul 1, 2010
The usual Del Piero.
Fantastic, but it's not easy for him out there cause Sydney is pretty weak, so it's takes a lot before they even get to scoring chance. I know we all talked about him scoring 40 goals a season cause the league is weak. But he has to create all by himself, and the defenders are quick, strong and agressive, even if they're not so smart and talented, so it's not easy at all.
:touched:

I just saw this, his left footed free kicks :shocked:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 221)