Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (111 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When you think about it, the move is pretty great. He doesn't go to China to earn 15 million a year. Doesn't go to a dubious club in Qatar. This isn't about money or even competitive football. It's about him enjoying life.

---------- Post added 05.09.2012 at 11:28 ----------

Liverpool? What is this fuckery?
Liverpool would be impossible. Ale's a juventino. It would not go down well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He pretty much goes to only "international" league I dont have frigging coverage of, how annoying. I'm still gonna stream some games though, been fucking odd I havent seen him on a pitch for like 4 months...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I checked Sydney's squad and I was like "wtf, I can't believe this :lol:"

I won't give you promises, but I think I can arrange some of you Aussies here to meet Del Piero. One of their new signings is a die hard Juve fan. I think he'll faint when he'll see Ale next to him in training. :lol:
The guy was on my wedding. Beat that!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I checked Sydney's squad and I was like "wtf, I can't believe this :lol:"

I won't give you promises, but I think I can arrange some of you Aussies here to meet Del Piero. One of their new signings is a die hard Juve fan. I think he'll faint when he'll see Ale next to him in training. :lol:
The guy was on my wedding. Beat that!
Make it happen man! I would be stupendously grateful :touched:

can someone enlighten us on how the A League works? They have finals and shit? Does Sydney FC play on Continental stage?
There's a regular season, followed by a finals series.

The teams that finish at the top of the table and the two teams that contest the final go into the AFC Champions League.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
can someone enlighten us on how the A League works? They have finals and shit? Does Sydney FC play on Continental stage?

If i remember it correctly they based it on the Swiss league.

There is a Premier at the end of the regular season, followed by a 5 or 6 team finals series. The final game is a one off final played at the home ground of the highest places team going into the final.

The winner of the final series and the runner up play in the following season's Asian Champions league, which starts at the end of the next season (bullshit really as often 12 month wait).

Fairly weak league where speedy and strong players are still often favoured over skillful players. Most clubs are broke and the entire league relies on Australia qualifying for the world cup to remain financially stable. They are currently negotiating the next TV Rights deal that will last for the next 5 seasons (Following the one about to start) and that will hopefully provide much needed cash for the clubs...

The league itself is only 8 years old and replaced the old National Soccer League as it was seen that that league was too reliant on old ethnic ties of clubs. Basically they decided to make a league where all the clubs are the same and it just feels very artificial...

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
I'm sad of this choice, sounds like he joins an amateur league. but sempre al suo fianco.

Are there any streams of Australian football? We'll be able to watch him?
It's not as bad as i make it out to be. The league is competitive enough and probably at the level of the MLS pre-beckam. The fact that the game here is very similar to that of the english game it makes me biased against it.

ADP want's to be the face of a league like becks. He has done everything in the game, therefore this is something new and probably exciting for him. He will be the centre of the whole a-league. big fish in a small pond sort of thing. If Benito Carbone came here and tore it up i'm sure ADP will take the game in Australia to a new level.

I'm sure there are plenty of streams for a-league games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 104)