Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (44 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Conte confirming Del Piero starting doesn't even excite me. You play Boriello and couple of other players that aren't half as good as Ale but in Coppa Italia you CONFIRM one day before that he's starting against Milan.

I don't like this contradiction. He can't be this useless in Serie A to put Boriello ahead of him but this useful in Coppa to announce him starting before any other player and 1day before the game.
:tup:

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Conte confirming Del Piero starting doesn't even excite me. You play Boriello and couple of other players that aren't half as good as Ale but in Coppa Italia you CONFIRM one day before that he's starting against Milan.

I don't like this contradiction. He can't be this useless in Serie A to put Boriello ahead of him but this useful in Coppa to announce him starting before any other player and 1day before the game.
They asked him who's going to play, he said those who haven't played enough, like Storari, DP and Borriello.

I think it's as simple as Conte not believing in Ale's abilities, therefore he even played Borriello ahead of him. I hope gets proven wrong though.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Don't think it's got to do with ability as much as it has to do with the perception of Alex, not being able to create, hustle and run for a full 90 minutes in the way that Conte expects the team to do so.

I think players like Caceres who may not be technically astute, still have a better chance of being part of a set up like this. Even though Boriello is shit, I think Content is trying to figure if his physical presence in the middle would make any difference and that's probably why he won't play Ale and Quag together, while resting Matri.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Don't think it's got to do with ability as much as it has to do with the perception of Alex, not being able to create, hustle and run for a full 90 minutes in the way that Conte expects the team to do so.
To be fair Conte sees him everyday in training, it probably has nothing to do with perception but with actual knowledge and the way Conte wants his team to play. In his team there is no place for someone who doesn't perform those duties while defending.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Conte has always used Vucinic Matri up top from day one. It's not like Ale has lost his place, so it's pretty clear that he has clarity and perceptions about people on his squad. If this had to do with performance alone, then Alex is the most technical player on the team, without question.

Aug 17, 2007

He is great,amazing,best payer ever . :touched::touched:
"Hi Giada, I'm Alessandro Del Piero, I really hope, and believe, that you can hear me. Me, like my friends, can't wait to see you soon...I send you a big, strong hug, and hope you'll wake up ASAP to watch many of my matches, our matches, and so we can meet you. Hug". :touched:

I guess it's not 100%, but that's my best translation

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011

So true! I couldn't agree more!

They asked him who's going to play, he said those who haven't played enough, like Storari, DP and Borriello.

I think it's as simple as Conte not believing in Ale's abilities, therefore he even played Borriello ahead of him. I hope gets proven wrong though.
Well he's been proven wrong. You have doubts who is better Alex or STD, so you need this game to make up your mind. WOW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)