Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (93 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don't mind at all and about the name I was thinking of name change, I know what some guys think about names with numbers in the nickname on these forums. :rndh:
I don't mind the numbers, problem is, I don't know how to read yours either way. :p

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Alessandro Del Piero Remembers Wonder-Goal Of 15 Years Ago

Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero scored one of his most memorable goals against Fiorentina during the 1994/95 season. This was Marcello Lippi's first season at the helm and ended with the Bianconeri winning the league title.

That goal proved as decisive as it was beautiful. The Old Lady trailed 2-0 before they managed incredible comeback to win the game 3-2 thanks to 'Pinturicchio's' wonder goal.

"It was quite a quick moment; I did not think a lot and maybe it was better like that," explained the Juventus captain to Sky.

"I only thought about hitting the ball so that it would go over [Francesco] Toldo and I remained concentrated on the ball because it was a long ball forward.

"Then, when it went in, it was the end of the world, an exciting moment for me and all of us. That goal was different from all others, as you don't see many like that. It's uniqueness made it memorable, just like it was made more important as it was scored in a vital game for Juventus."

Del Piero will be hoping to lead the Bianconeri to another win and closer to Inter at the summit of Serie A.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's goal.com but I felt it was worth it :heart:

and to those who haven't seen it :shocked:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i think ranieri overuses him at times. I mean giovinco does not replace del piero when he is having a bad game he comes on at the last 10 minutes no matter how bad del piero performs

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
i think ranieri overuses him at times. I mean giovinco does not replace del piero when he is having a bad game he comes on at the last 10 minutes no matter how bad del piero performs
That's because having a bad game for DP is a relative concept, as he can change the whole outcome of the game in a matter of seconds, with one backheel pass, one freekick or one touch. That's why substituting a player like that is never easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)