Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (231 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
channel 4

Del Piero celebrates quarter-ton
Saturday 29 November, 2008
Alessandro Del Piero admits it “still affects” him when scoring after 250 goals, but that the records aren't his main priority.

“If it happens that I play well and do not score, then I'm happy. Obviously I'm happier if I do score!” grinned the captain.

The penalty converted in tonight's 4-0 victory over Reggina was his 250th in a Juventus jersey.

“The goals still have an effect on me, of course. However, the objectives I set for myself are not records.

“Is it the Scudetto? Well, let's say my objective is to keep on improving.”

To celebrate he will go home on Sunday afternoon and play with son Tobias, but the Scudetto race won't be entirely out of his mind.

“I'll spend time with my family tomorrow. And keep an eye on Inter-Napoli…”

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
channel 4

Del Piero celebrates quarter-ton
Saturday 29 November, 2008
Alessandro Del Piero admits it “still affects” him when scoring after 250 goals, but that the records aren't his main priority.

“If it happens that I play well and do not score, then I'm happy. Obviously I'm happier if I do score!” grinned the captain.

The penalty converted in tonight's 4-0 victory over Reggina was his 250th in a Juventus jersey.

“The goals still have an effect on me, of course. However, the objectives I set for myself are not records.

“Is it the Scudetto? Well, let's say my objective is to keep on improving.”

To celebrate he will go home on Sunday afternoon and play with son Tobias, but the Scudetto race won't be entirely out of his mind.

“I'll spend time with my family tomorrow. And keep an eye on Inter-Napoli…”
FORZA NAPOLI!!!!!!!!!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Sunday 30 November, 2008
Blog: Del Piero, 250 not out

Alessandro Del Piero scored his 250th goal in a Juventus shirt, so Susy Campanale salutes a true living legend
It probably says something about my age and the amount of time I’ve been watching Serie A that I remember seeing Alex Del Piero’s first goal. Oddly enough, that too was in a 4-0 victory over the similarly-named Reggiana (they were from Emilia Romagna and very different to Calabria’s Reggina, who were thrashed by that same scoreline for his 250th strike).

I recall thinking, 'This kid’s pretty good,’ as the short, skinny 19-year-old burst into the same team as Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Vialli and Fabrizio Ravanelli. 15 years and two months later, he’s still there with the same black and white shirt.

I jumped out of my seat and positively squealed when he scored possibly the greatest goal I have ever seen, that famous volley with the outside of his foot to complete Juve’s comeback from 2-0 down to beat Fiorentina 3-2. I smiled every time he curled that ball into the far top corner in a goal 'alla Del Piero’ that looked for all the world as if it were remote controlled. I stayed up at some ungodly hour to watch as he won the Intercontinental Cup in Japan with the only goal of the game against River Plate.

I watched in horror as he went in for a pointless stoppage-time challenge and struck his left knee against an Udinese player’s hip, snapping the anterior and posterior ligaments. “Imagine the knee is your trousers, held up by a belt and braces. Well, I broke both of them,” he explained during that nine-month lay-off and agonisingly long road to rediscovering his form.

I stood in a bar in Italy defending this immense talent as patrons bayed for blood after another particularly shocking miss in Euro 2000. I was moved as he found his career path in the worst possible moment of his life, scoring a sensational goal against Bari just days after his father’s death. I saw him captain Juventus on their Serie B debut in sunny Rimini and earn a standing ovation from the Bernabeu.

And now here I am, proud to say I was watching when Del Piero shook the snow from his hair before confidently burying a penalty in a 4-0 victory over Reggina. You could not find a better example of a great player, a good man and an honourable representative of club colours. Congratulations, Alessandro. Here’s to the next 250.

channel4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

indeed

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Sunday 30 November, 2008

Alessandro Del Piero scored his 250th goal in a Juventus shirt, so Susy Campanale salutes a true living legend
It probably says something about my age and the amount of time I’ve been watching Serie A that I remember seeing Alex Del Piero’s first goal. Oddly enough, that too was in a 4-0 victory over the similarly-named Reggiana (they were from Emilia Romagna and very different to Calabria’s Reggina, who were thrashed by that same scoreline for his 250th strike).

I recall thinking, ‘This kid’s pretty good,’ as the short, skinny 19-year-old burst into the same team as Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Vialli and Fabrizio Ravanelli. 15 years and two months later, he’s still there with the same black and white shirt.

I jumped out of my seat and positively squealed when he scored possibly the greatest goal I have ever seen, that famous volley with the outside of his foot to complete Juve’s comeback from 2-0 down to beat Fiorentina 3-2. I smiled every time he curled that ball into the far top corner in a goal ‘alla Del Piero’ that looked for all the world as if it were remote controlled. I stayed up at some ungodly hour to watch as he won the Intercontinental Cup in Japan with the only goal of the game against River Plate.

I watched in horror as he went in for a pointless stoppage-time challenge and struck his left knee against an Udinese player’s hip, snapping the anterior and posterior ligaments. “Imagine the knee is your trousers, held up by a belt and braces. Well, I broke both of them,” he explained during that nine-month lay-off and agonisingly long road to rediscovering his form.

I stood in a bar in Italy defending this immense talent as patrons bayed for blood after another particularly shocking miss in Euro 2000. I was moved as he found his career path in the worst possible moment of his life, scoring a sensational goal against Bari just days after his father’s death. I saw him captain Juventus on their Serie B debut in sunny Rimini and earn a standing ovation from the Bernabeu.

And now here I am, proud to say I was watching when Del Piero shook the snow from his hair before confidently burying a penalty in a 4-0 victory over Reggina. You could not find a better example of a great player, a good man and an honourable representative of club colours. Congratulations, Alessandro. Here’s to the next 250.

channel4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

indeed
Who is she???

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sunday 30 November, 2008

I recall thinking, 'This kid’s pretty good,’ as the short, skinny 19-year-old burst into the same team as Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Vialli and Fabrizio Ravanelli. 15 years and two months later, he’s still there with the same black and white shirt.

I jumped out of my seat and positively squealed when he scored possibly the greatest goal I have ever seen, that famous volley with the outside of his foot to complete Juve’s comeback from 2-0 down to beat Fiorentina 3-2. I smiled every time he curled that ball into the far top corner in a goal 'alla Del Piero’ that looked for all the world as if it were remote controlled. I stayed up at some ungodly hour to watch as he won the Intercontinental Cup in Japan with the only goal of the game against River Plate.

channel4

indeed
:touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 223)