Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (80 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
It's very good actually.
Although someone may argue that he took at least 15 FK's in order to score 2.
yea, but to me that's not the problem, the problem is that those two freekicks have been his only goals so far and he hasn't scored from open play, i'm not doubting dels freekick ability either, but agianst bate, there were times when he really should have crossed the ball rather than shot from a freekick (he still should have taken them, just not shot) he got a bit carried away after the zenit goal

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
yea, but to me that's not the problem, the problem is that those two freekicks have been his only goals so far and he hasn't scored from open play, i'm not doubting dels freekick ability either, but agianst bate, there were times when he really should have crossed the ball rather than shot from a freekick (he still should have taken them, just not shot) he got a bit carried away after the zenit goal
He also scored a beautiful goal from open play against Artmedia.

I'm not blaming our attackers at all. They are forced to create everything by themselves and they aren't getting the support from the midfield. IIRC, last year Del Piero scored 5 goals after Zanetti's deep balls. He scored 5 more goals from assists provided by Palladino, Nedved, Camoranesi and Chiellini.
This year, especially in the last matches, Amauri and Del Piero don't get any support whatsoever. No-one sends crosses and through balls for them.
With the support they are getting, it's really a miracle how Amauri, Del Piero and Iaquinta scored 9 goals combined so far.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
our strikers aren't the problem we need creation from the midfield and its wrong for the creation to come from the wingers we need a creative mid!

Sep 1, 2002
Yeah, he's not scoring plenty of FK goals in serie A but even if we go with the average he had a chance to do it.
Last year he scored only 2 free kick goals in serie A and 1 in Coppa Italia. This year he already scored 2 free kick goals so early into the season.
If Mihajlovic had 25 FK goals (which he doesn't, it turned out that he scored 27), then Del Piero needed "only" 5 more FK goals to be #1.
I was counting that he's going to play at least 3 more seasons (counting this one) and in 3 seasons , 5 more FK goals are achievable, even with his average.
Yes, that is achievable, although I still feel we need another option on many occasions. At the time I posed the question, the record was said to be in the 40's, and therefore not in reach.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
got this from Wikipedia:

"Del Piero was named Del Piero ton yong in EA Sports FIFA 1998- Road to the World Cup. The origins of this name are unclear however there is a team of 8 men of interest trying to get EA Sports to issue a full scale explanation of the mistake. They intend to travel to Canada in November 2008 via the P&O fairstar to file their grievances."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azzurri7, do you have anything to do with this? ;)

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
got this from Wikipedia:

"Del Piero was named Del Piero ton yong in EA Sports FIFA 1998- Road to the World Cup. The origins of this name are unclear however there is a team of 8 men of interest trying to get EA Sports to issue a full scale explanation of the mistake. They intend to travel to Canada in November 2008 via the P&O fairstar to file their grievances."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol we want road to world cup 2010, care about 1998

Dec 26, 2004
got this from Wikipedia:

I remember this Del Piero ton yong things pretty well... sounded so weird when the commentator say it during game:D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
got this from Wikipedia:

Not this time man.

Corriere dello Sport

Del Piero scares Napoli - Alex will lead Juve at the Stadio San Paolo
Bring them ONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)