Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (291 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I know that Mihajlovic scored 42 free kick goals in his career and i know he's the serie A leader, but i don't know the exact number of free kick goals he scored in serie A.
If it's around 25 then Del Piero has a good chance to overtake Mihajlovic on that list and become serie A all time top free kick scorer.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I know that Mihajlovic scored 42 free kick goals in his career and i know he's the serie A leader, but i don't know the exact number of free kick goals he scored in serie A.
If it's around 25 then Del Piero has a good chance to overtake Mihajlovic on that list and become serie A all time top free kick scorer.
42 Mihajlovic? I thought more.... I think Juninho will overtake him pretty soon.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
42 Mihajlovic? I thought more.... I think Juninho will overtake him pretty soon.
I don't know if Mihajlovic scored more goals than anyone in the world. I doubt he did. He probably scored (much) more than 42 though, because i doubt anyone counted the free kick goals he scored while playing in Yugoslav 3rd league, or even when he played for Vojvodina in the first league. 42 is probably the number of free kick goals while he was playing for Red Star, the NT and in serie A. ( maybe even the goals he scored for Red Star aren't calculated).
I know he's the topscorer of free kicks in serie A but for some reason i can't find the number anywhere on the net.
Like i said, if he has around 25 then Alex could become #1 very soon (in case Alex has 21, as you said)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I see. Talking about Mihajlovic, I remember his Corner kicks, It looked so easy for him to score from that spot. He actually scored couple of ones from Corner kicks.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I see. Talking about Mihajlovic, I remember his Corner kicks, It looked so easy for him to score from that spot. He actually scored couple of ones from Corner kicks.
Yeah, well, he's a well known anti-Croat and i think back in the 90's he was the most hated football player in Croatia. ( it's funny because his mother is a Croat)
I also disliked him very much, as a man, and i hated him for being so damn good from set pieces. But i respected him as a player.
His corner kicks were indeed a master piece. Even if the ball didn't go directly into the goal, the way he curved it and considering how fast the ball was going, it needed just the slightest touch to change direction (from anyone, not only from the players from his team) and to end up into the net.
I remember that Lazio scored many goals from the CK's he took.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah, well, he's a well known anti-Croat and i think back in the 90's he was the most hated football player in Croatia. ( it's funny because his mother is a Croat)
I also disliked him very much, as a man, and i hated him for being so damn good from set pieces. But i respected him as a player.
His corner kicks were indeed a master piece. Even if the ball didn't go directly into the goal, the way he curved it and considering how fast the ball was going, it needed just the slightest touch to change direction (from anyone, not only from the players from his team) and to end up into the net.
I remember that Lazio scored many goals from the CK's he took.
I didn't know he was anti-Croat, but I'm aware of the hatred between Croatians and Serbians.

I considered him a good player, not great, but a good one.

Sep 1, 2002
Based on what average of goals per season?

His last two seasons in A have produced how many?

Not to mention they have been aweful so far this season!

Geof

May 14, 2004
According to Wikipedia, Mihajlovic scored #27 freekicks in Serie A, a record.:

"On 9 April 2006, in a league away game versus Ascoli Calcio Mihajlović scored his 27th career free-kick goal in the Serie A championship, an absolute record"

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Based on what average of goals per season?

His last two seasons in A have produced how many?

Not to mention they have been aweful so far this season!
Yeah, he's not scoring plenty of FK goals in serie A but even if we go with the average he had a chance to do it.
Last year he scored only 2 free kick goals in serie A and 1 in Coppa Italia. This year he already scored 2 free kick goals so early into the season.
If Mihajlovic had 25 FK goals (which he doesn't, it turned out that he scored 27), then Del Piero needed "only" 5 more FK goals to be #1.
I was counting that he's going to play at least 3 more seasons (counting this one) and in 3 seasons , 5 more FK goals are achievable, even with his average.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I was counting that he's going to play at least 3 more seasons (counting this one) and in 3 seasons , 5 more FK goals are achievable, even with his average.
So you think Del Piero has 2 more seasons after this one with plenty playing time in him? Mind you I'm not questioning it, but that is your estimation?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So you think Del Piero has 2 more seasons after this one with plenty playing time in him? Mind you I'm not questioning it, but that is your estimation?
Do i think he has 2 more full seasons (not counting this one) in his legs or do i think he'll play 2 more seasons after this one ?
The answer for the first one is no, for the second one is yes, i think he won't retire until 2011 and he'll play whenever possible. Something like Maldini who plays a good match now and then and then in the following 10 matches he's beeing owned by every attacker out there. I'm pretty sure Del Piero will see regular playing time until he retires, no matter if he deserves to play or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 282)