Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (83 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
would it be wrong to also state that the players have not performed up to the expected level? no-one other than Marchisio and Amauri has started well this season
Of course they should be blamed. But the negative impact of a coach can be huge. Let me give you an example: my team had won three consecutive games and was doing pretty good. Then the coach decided to mix things up and changed half the team. We still should have won the fourth game, but we came out on the pitch all angry. Because of this we were distracted and we lost.

I'm giving you this example, because I do believe that the players are doing everything they can. I don't think any of them would prefer to play poorly. Ranieri's just piss poor when it comes to group dynamics. He never knows how to treat players, what to say, when it's right to bench a club symbol.. he's lost in this kind of things.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
Daria - thanks for the insight on the owners. I definitely think owner turmoil can cause major problems: just look at Newcastle this year and Liverpool last year. (Sorry for so many EPL references I am still new to Seria A)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Of course they should be blamed. But the negative impact of a coach can be huge. Let me give you an example: my team had won three consecutive games and was doing pretty good. Then the coach decided to mix things up and changed half the team. We still should have won the fourth game, but we came out on the pitch all angry. Because of this we were distracted and we lost.

I'm giving you this example, because I do believe that the players are doing everything they can. I don't think any of them would prefer to play poorly. Ranieri's just piss poor when it comes to group dynamics. He never knows how to treat players, what to say, when it's right to bench a club symbol.. he's lost in this kind of things.
He's never known what to say really...been make a fool of himself since he was at Chelsea...

but Seven, what has really changed since last season? We play the same formation, same style...the BIG difference is we have lost players who were instrumental to us last season, either through lack of form or injuries...C. Zanetti, arguably last season's best player has been missing, we haven't had a settled back 4 and our top marksman is out till the New Year! These kind of situations are bound to affect the team's results...I think a lot of people are making a fuss over nothing...once we get closer to full strength the results will definitely improve...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's never known what to say really...been make a fool of himself since he was at Chelsea...

but Seven, what has really changed since last season? We play the same formation, same style...the BIG difference is we have lost players who were instrumental to us last season, either through lack of form or injuries...C. Zanetti, arguably last season's best player has been missing, we haven't had a settled back 4 and our top marksman is out till the New Year! These kind of situations are bound to affect the team's results...I think a lot of people are making a fuss over nothing...once we get closer to full strength the results will definitely improve...
We lost Zanetti and we lost Trezeguet. I'm not saying we didn't. But I think the single most important factor here is pressure. Last season we were considered an outsider, by some even an outsider for a CL spot. Ranieri's good enough to coach the 4th best team in Italy, so he can get that CL spot. But if you want him to win the title or do well in the CL he's going to go down.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
We lost Zanetti and we lost Trezeguet. I'm not saying we didn't. But I think the single most important factor here is pressure. Last season we were considered an outsider, by some even an outsider for a CL spot. Ranieri's good enough to coach the 4th best team in Italy, so he can get that CL spot. But if you want him to win the title or do well in the CL he's going to go down.
+1 Agree with you and it is most probably because he has a loser's mentality

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
what was the 2nd game Mellberg cost us? and btw that's a really crappy attitude...its a TEAM game, everyone should get the credit and the criticism

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
what was the 2nd game Mellberg cost us? and btw that's a really crappy attitude...its a TEAM game, everyone should get the credit and the criticism
I agree. Talking about Team game and sharing one soul in this team, not everyone knows about it unless they're been in a team before or they play for a team.

You can never ever achieve something If you don't stick together. Thats a fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 75)