Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (109 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I hope he gets to play against Holland. I think he will, no matter how the game is turning out. If we're winning Di Natale gets to rest and if we're losing Del Piero might come on to try and change the result. Either way it would be wise of Donadoni to give either Del Piero or Cassano some playing time, both to keep them motivated and Di Natale sharp. All three of them have a point to prove and I don't think the competition between them is going to turn out nasty. Del Piero and Di Natale are too mature and humble, while Cassano seems to realise that performing a cassanata right now could mean as much as the end of his career in Italy.

Aug 1, 2003
Between Di Natale and Cassano I'd start Di Natale vs Holland and only bring on Cassano later in the game if we need to.

Really interesting to see how Don plans to use Alex though. Hope Ale will have a grand tournament. Maybe he'll kick the advert boards again when he scores. :toast:

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Sign Alonso And Aquilani - Del Piero

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero has urged his side to sign Liverpool's Xabi Alonso and Roma's Alberto Aquilani.

Both the Liverpool and Roma midfielders have been heavily linked with a transfer to the Old Lady as she looks to bolster her squad in light of next season's Champions League commitments.

The Bianconeri are currently involved in talks with the Merseysiders over Alonso and the player himself has revealed he wants to join Juve.

Aquilani's arrival seems a little more complicated but Del Piero is pushing his side towards bringing both players to Turin.

"Xabi Alonso or Aquilani? I wish both of them came," said Del Piero.

Juve are reportedly close to signing Alonso from Liverpool and reports in Italy claim the player is on the verge of signing a deal worth €3m per season.

Alonso is keen on playing alongside Del Piero and the rest of the Juve squad and he reveals he cannot wait to play for the Old Lady.

"It would be magnificent to play alongside Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Amauri," Alonso told Tuttosport.

"They are three great champions." Juventus are eager to try and tie up a deal with Alonso before he begins the Euro 2008 tournament as they fear any great performance may hike up the price for him.

Taken from GOAL.com

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
how they could play altogether with Camo and Sissoko ?

maybe this one ....

------Xabi-----Sissoko------
---------Aquillani------------

Camo-------------Dp/Amauri
-----------Trez------------------

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Del Piero eager to captain Italy

Del Piero enjoyed a superb season for Juventus
Alessandro del Piero says he would relish the chance to lead Italy after captain Fabio Cannavaro was ruled out of Euro 2008 because of injury.

The 33-year-old is the most capped player in the squad, with 86, but it is unlikely coach Roberto Donadoni will pick him to start against Netherlands.

"If you ask me if I feel like the captain, I say I do," he said.

Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is expected to be named skipper for Monday's opening game in Berne.

Juventus captain Del Piero, in his seventh major tournament with Italy, was the leading scorer in Serie A last campaign with 21 goals.

And in the previous season the forward rattled in 20 goals for the Turin side during their one season in Serie B - punishment for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

Del Piero puts his good form down to his marriage and the birth of his son.

"It certainly changed my life," he said.

"I'm coming on after two fantastic years, but the earlier years weren't bad either."

-----------------------------------

Make it happen Donadoni you know it makes sense!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
DEL PIERO FIRED UP FOR EUROS

A rejuvenated Alessandro Del Piero is ready to make his mark again with Italy at Euro 2008.

The 33-year-old Juventus captain, this year's leading scorer in Serie A, is set to be included in the Azzurri's starting XI for Monday's opener against Holland but in an unfamiliar left-wing role rather than as a forward.

"I don't mind, I could play behind Luca Toni or on the left wing," said Del Piero. "For my part, I'm fully available. It's down to coach Roberto Donadoni to decide. I am preparing to give 110%."

The Juve forward played a vital role in Italy's World Cup triumph in Germany two years ago but poor form saw him dropped by Donadoni for several Euro 2008 qualifying games.

He spent last season with Juve in Serie B following the match-fixing scandal which rocked Italian football and he helped the Bianconeri win immediate promotion back to the top flight.

Del Piero scored 21 goals in 2007-08 to equal his own personal season-best in Serie A, winning the Capocannoniere title for the first time in his career.

"So many things have happened in the last 24 months," he said. "I have enjoyed an extraordinary two seasons while we have had a new coach in the national team.

"These 24 months have strengthened me and here I am, happy as ever
."

Some wondered if Del Piero had played his last game for Italy after being dropped by Donadoni.

"I never lost the awareness of my strength," Del Piero said. "I always believe I would make it to the European Championship. Now I am here and I want to experience the moment."

Del Piero was a member of Euro 2000 squad that lost 2-1 in the final against France and he also suffered with the Azzurri as they made a first-round exit at Euro 2004 in Portugal.

He will be hoping it is third time lucky in Austria and Switzerland.

"This is the only competition that I am missing," said Del Piero. "And for me, this is a further motivation.

"We are world champions and it's normal that we win but in order for that to happen we need everything to be perfect
."

As the most senior player in the national team with 86 caps, Del Piero could be handed the captaincy role with skipper Fabio Cannavaro out of the tournament with an ankle injury.

"I would be ready to take that responsibility but there are other players like goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon who can also cover this role," he said.

Sporting Life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 102)