Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (43 Viewers)

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
Schillaci: Azzurri need Del Piero

Italia ’90 hero Toto Schillaci has backed Alessandro Del Piero for a starring role in the European Championships this summer.

There has been much debate in the peninsula over whether Del Piero or Sampdoria firebrand Antonio Cassano should be included in Roberto Donadoni’s squad.

“Del Piero is a great player,” Schillaci told Radio Kiss Kiss. “It is right that the Nazionale calls those who are in good shape and at the moment that is Del Piero.”

The Sicilian striker was a late inclusion in the 1990 World Cup side and from a reserve role ended up as top scorer with six goals, taking Italy to third place.

After the competition Schillaci played for both Juventus and Inter, two clubs that have gone through differing fortunes in recent times.

“I wish Juventus the absolute best of luck. They have just come back into the top flight after Calciopoli and are already doing very well.

“In my view, Inter can manage to overturn the 2-0 first leg defeat to Liverpool in the Champions League.”

However, he also had criticism for the Nerazzurri, who rarely have a single Italian player in their starting XI.

“I agree with FIFA President Sepp Blatter that there should be limits of five foreigners in every club side.

“Youngsters are currently blocked off by the arrival of overseas players and the effect is also felt within the national team.”

channel4.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he is right who need cassano now, DP must go to Euro...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ok, it's one thing to be fan of our captain simply because he's our captain, but it's another to celebrate his goal as a consolation to our loss as a team.
It is a minor consolation that he keeps updating his record, what's your problem? Would it be better if we didn't score at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)