Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (49 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Del Piero Waiting For Donadoni's Call

Juventus icon Alessandro Del Piero has insisted that he wants to be a part of the Azzurri squad which will head off to Euro 2008 in June.

Since winning the World Cup in 2006, Del Piero has not featured much for the Azzurri and coach Roberto Donadoni dropped him for the recent Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Pinturicchio has been somewhat back to his best for the Bianconeri this season and he has been firing on all cylinders, with his goals currently likely to earn Juve a Champions League place.

If he is called up for the Euros look like being the forward's last chance to participate in a major international tournament, and he is eager not to miss out.

My mobile phone will be switched on until June,” Del Piero told TGCOM

If Donadoni calls me I will be happy. I would be pleased if someone thinks I deserved to play for the Azzurri based on the performances I have enjoyed this season, but lets not start with all the usual hype.”

Del Piero is not the only one who thinks he should be going to Austria and Switzerland in June, Juve coach Claudio Ranieri also believes the 34-year-old striker is worthy of a place in La Nazionale.

Del Piero deserves a place with the Azzurri,” said Ranieri.

The Juventus number 10 will be hoping his side qualify for the Champions League and he is only too aware that he will have to play his socks off if he is to stay with a chance of making Donadoni’s final 22 man squad.

goal.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
30th January 2008, TIM CUP Juventus v Inter 2-3
Unfortunately we fell to get to the next round. In the last two matches we were absolutely up to Inter.
We played tough, creating a lot of goals situations, wich were not completed for just a few centimetres lacking or because others were really good at playing.
Inter was very disciplined, tidy, and tough. Even having less opportunities to score than us, they managed to wrap up the game in their favour.
Now we are looking at campionship wih a lot of determination untill the next game on Sunday afternoon, 03rd February, 2008 Olympic Stadium

Ciao!

Alessandro

n.b. : the punishment gol of Alessandro was not deviated

www.alessandrodelpiero.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Holly shit it wasn't deflected... apparently it was just one hell of a curl.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sissoko’s ready to go
Friday 1 February, 2008

Mohamed Sissoko could make his debut for Juventus against Cagliari this weekend and is enjoying his fresh start.

The Mali international signed from Liverpool for a fee that will amount to £8.2m and has arrived early in Turin due to his elimination from the African Cup of Nations.

Sissoko took part in his first morning training session with the Old Lady today and was enthusiastic in his new surroundings.

“I chose this side because they are ambitious and full of champions,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I like the Juventus mentality and the power of a side that has rebuilt itself from nothing and kept the will to win intact.

“To arrive at one of the biggest teams in the world at the age of 23 is a big challenge – they were my first choice and I never had any doubt.

“Since I was young I have had a particular admiration for Del Piero and I enjoyed watching him play – it’s hard to believe that I am his teammate.

“This year we want to qualify for the Champions League and I am ready to play against Cagliari on Sunday.

“I spoke to Jonathan Zebina and he explained to me how the club works and talked to me about life here. I feel a great responsibility, but also pride.

“What should you expect from me? I am an aggressive midfielder,” he continued. “When I first started playing for Liverpool I got lots of yellow cards, but then I learned how things work. My job is to get the ball back and make the team play.

“Comparisons with Vieira? He has already shown that he is a great champion and I need to prove that I am too.”

Sissoko left Liverpool in slightly acrimonious circumstances after falling out of favour at Anfield.

“I played regularly in my first two seasons in England, but in the last few months there were some difficulties,” he explained. “My morale wasn’t excellent but I opted for a fresh start and wanted new challenges.”

Sissoko concluded by explaining his choice to take the No 22 shirt for the Bianconeri.

“I am very superstitious and I will wear the No 22 shirt because I have two twin brothers who were born on January 2,” he grinned. “It seemed like the right number for me.”

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Sissoko’s ready to go
Friday 1 February, 2008

Mohamed Sissoko could make his debut for Juventus against Cagliari this weekend and is enjoying his fresh start.

The Mali international signed from Liverpool for a fee that will amount to £8.2m and has arrived early in Turin due to his elimination from the African Cup of Nations.

Sissoko took part in his first morning training session with the Old Lady today and was enthusiastic in his new surroundings.

“I chose this side because they are ambitious and full of champions,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I like the Juventus mentality and the power of a side that has rebuilt itself from nothing and kept the will to win intact.

“To arrive at one of the biggest teams in the world at the age of 23 is a big challenge – they were my first choice and I never had any doubt.

“Since I was young I have had a particular admiration for Del Piero and I enjoyed watching him play – it’s hard to believe that I am his teammate.

“This year we want to qualify for the Champions League and I am ready to play against Cagliari on Sunday.

“I spoke to Jonathan Zebina and he explained to me how the club works and talked to me about life here. I feel a great responsibility, but also pride.

“What should you expect from me? I am an aggressive midfielder,” he continued. “When I first started playing for Liverpool I got lots of yellow cards, but then I learned how things work. My job is to get the ball back and make the team play.

“Comparisons with Vieira? He has already shown that he is a great champion and I need to prove that I am too.”

Sissoko left Liverpool in slightly acrimonious circumstances after falling out of favour at Anfield.

“I played regularly in my first two seasons in England, but in the last few months there were some difficulties,” he explained. “My morale wasn’t excellent but I opted for a fresh start and wanted new challenges.”

Sissoko concluded by explaining his choice to take the No 22 shirt for the Bianconeri.

“I am very superstitious and I will wear the No 22 shirt because I have two twin brothers who were born on January 2,” he grinned. “It seemed like the right number for me.”
Should us believe his words after what he stated about us before? :eyebrows:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Sissoko’s ready to go
Friday 1 February, 2008

Well this is what you sort of expect from a star, isn't it? To encourage and inspire other players. It's great that Ale has that kind of an effect on them.

I think something must have changed as well. You didn't read these stories when he was 25. Now that he's a senior and much more of statesman of sorts, it's like his positive influence is much wider.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Del Piero To Earn Italy Recall – Report

Alessandro Del Piero will be recalled to the Italy national team for the friendly against Portugal, according to La Stampa.

The Golden Boy has not played for his country since a disappointing individual performance in the Euro 2008 qualifier against France at the beginning of September.

After the match Del Piero criticised Donadoni for playing him out of position on the left wing and said that he didn’t want to be considered for selection unless he was playing in his preferred second striker role.

Donadoni subsequently dropped the 33-year-old for the next match with Ukraine, and failed to call him up for his October and November squads.

Many questioned whether this could spell the end of Del Piero’s international career, however it now seems very likely that he will be recalled for the friendly with Portugal on Wednesday.

The Juventus icon has been in stunning form for his club in the last couple of months, scoring six goals in his last eight Serie A matches.

Donadoni is said to be particularly impressed with Del Piero’s fitness and physical shape.

Del Piero is the fifth highest appearance maker in the history of the national team with 85 caps. He is also the joint-fifth highest scorer with 25 goals.

goal.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Should us believe his words after what he stated about us before? :eyebrows:
I'd believe him, after-all, the majority of the players we're signing they're praising Ale and have always wanted to train with him.

Like mart said, he has an effect on them, when he was younger we wouldn't read this, or at least not as much as now.

Talking about this, I remember when we signed Ruben Olivera, his first statements was something like "Training with Alex is like touching heaven".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)