Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (227 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
-I dont know how people can say that Alex had a good performance today, 2 set pieces into the bar dont make a good performance
Only two set pieces? Well for your count they were 4. And all were good. Two hit the post, 1 saved by the keeper and the 4th barely went over the bar and hit the net holding pillar.
He was good.. He was playing for both midfielders and attackers. He created chances, and almost scored in different ocassions. He dribbled, he passed, and he was dangerous. Nedved was helping him in the first half, but then nedved ran out of air but Alex continued.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
I love DP, he loves Juve and does his best every game, but I think he became too old to play the whole 90 mins, he still got the talents but he became TOO slow, in the first half he couldnt even run, the problem is Trez is also slow so we cant play with 2 slow forwards

I think he better play in the second half after the defenders go tired, he will be our winning card or whatever it's called

but I think he was our best in the second half, I was surprised that he still has some energy to press against the defenders play to the last minute

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I love DP, he loves Juve and does his best every game, but I think he became too old to play the whole 90 mins, he still got the talents but he became TOO slow, in the first half he couldnt even run, the problem is Trez is also slow so we cant play with 2 slow forwards

I think he better play in the second half after the defenders go tired, he will be our winning card or whatever it's called

but I think he was our best in the second half, I was surprised that he still has some energy to press against the defenders play to the last minute
I disagree. Del Piero played almost all the match against France which was sooo physical. Then he played a full match today and till the last minute he was running well. I beleive he has good fitness. Not optimum, but quite good for the start of the season. Don't forget that he spent a good duration of the preseason off training due to injury.

That's said, it is true that he is not young any more and he might not be able to feature in all games and perform well. Thats why he has to be rested every few games to keep his legs fit till the end of the season..
Del Piero looked sharp today.. I personally did not get why he was heavily creticised during the frace game. He played a terrible game against Cagliari and noone seemed to mention it. He played alright "physically" against france and played quite well against Udinese, where in both matches his team did not perform at all.
During today's game he was playing as both midfielder and attacker. He was dangerous from set pieces and from free plays, from the kick off whiste till the end of the 90 mins.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Del Piero is by far the most motivated if not the best player on the pitch IMO during yesterday match..
Thiago was awful, and Almiron was not having a good game either. the two of them kept losing the ball and there was not creative play whatsoever(besides Del Piero and probably Nedved)
My bro who's not a Juve fans, kept commenting how sux and ugly Juve played which I totally was gutted and had no reply to his statement. Because it was sux and it was ugly.
To those DP bashers: Imagine Juve life without DP now?

Apr 15, 2006
SEPULTURA Guitarist ANDREAS KISSER Featured On Italian Soccer Star's Official Website
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 at 02:41:21 EST

SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser has issued the following update:

"Alessandro Del Piero is one of the greatest players on football today. Recently he was world champion at the 2006 World Cup in Germany and he defends Juventus from Turin, one of the best football clubs in Europe. I met his brother-in-law, who is a huge Sepultura fan, and through him I have straight contact with Del Piero. To me it's an honor to be a part of this site on the 'special guest' section. Go to www.alessandrodelpiero.com and then to 'Special Guest.'

Grazie Alessandro i Cristiano per tutti! Ciao!"
Source: bravewords.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juventus v Udinese 0 - 1

I feel very bad about the first home defeat. The match could have ended in a different way looking at the chances we had to score against a great Udinese.

Maybe a draw would have been a fair result.

p.s.: ... I'll check personally the size of the goal ...

Ciao! Alessandro
----------------------------------------------------------------

:D

:D

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
There are some a**holes here in Greece than do not respect our captain.They think that either totti or even zlatan are better than him.What can i do guys???I just keep wearing his jersey with the sony sponsorship since 1996 to remind them who is real and who is fake...Peace

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There are some a**holes here in Greece than do not respect our captain.They think that either totti or even zlatan are better than him.What can i do guys???I just keep wearing his jersey with the sony sponsorship since 1996 to remind them who is real and who is fake...Peace
If they are assholes then just ignore their opinion. They are not worth listening to.

I just treat people like that with contempt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 219)