Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (133 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Del Piero Seeking First Team Assurance

Alessandro Del Piero's biggest concern before penning a new deal is whether he will get sufficient first team action.

Alessandro Del Piero and Juventus are set to resume their contract talks, which broke down completely last month due to all sorts of differences.

As much Juve's demand that the forward take a pay cut as the fact that he was not being offered a 3-year deal were said to have caused problems, with the player deeming the club's offer "insulting".

It now appears that Del Piero is also looking for assurances over first team action before committing to the Bianconeri.

"I will only wear the Bianconeri colours," he insisted. "But I ask for more chances to play."

While Claudio Ranieri has relied on the 32-year-old, he has also given sufficient indication that he might not use him for more that one game in a week, if that.

He also sent out reassurances over his fitness to Ranieri.

"I never go anywhere to make up the numbers," he said, speaking about his availibility for the Azzurri. "I never feel like just one of the squad.

"I have taken on board Claudio Ranieri's concerns for my fitness, but I am physically and psychologically ready for France."

Juventus have insisted that they do not see any problems, but might have some work to do before they can make their skipper feel confident enough about his future.

goal.com

May 25, 2006
Golden Foot winner had a difficult choice to make when Juventus was sent to Serie B: to stay in the club or chase money somewhere abroad.

Congrats Sweetheart!!!:kiss:

Alessandro Del Piero chose Juventus and was awarded for his devotion: he clinched the world title with Italy, won Serie B with Juventus and became the tournament's best scorer.

Del Piero is now in talks with Juventus over his contract extension and though the process is not an easy one which makes him avoid interviews Juventus captain made an exception after he became Golden Foot winner.

"I am proud to have won the award," said Alessandro Del Piero to Sport Express.

"You can never get tired of victories and I believe that I will clinch more titles."

"My goal now is to help Italian side beat France in Euro-2008 qualifier."

"They defeated us 3:1 in our first match which was a slap in the face for us and we now want to avenge it."

"We will have to play Ukraine away then and these two matches will show whether or not we will have chances to go and play in Austria and Switzerland the next year."

"Some players tend to give up national side performances when they get exhausted."

"I am not going to do that as it was my dream to play for the Italian side and Juventus."

"The dream has come true and as long as there is an opportunity to play for these teams I will grab it."

will luvs juve

Aug 30, 2006
Golden Foot winner had a difficult choice to make when Juventus was sent to Serie B: to stay in the club or chase money somewhere abroad.

Congrats Sweetheart!!!:kiss:

Alessandro Del Piero chose Juventus and was awarded for his devotion: he clinched the world title with Italy, won Serie B with Juventus and became the tournament's best scorer.

Del Piero is now in talks with Juventus over his contract extension and though the process is not an easy one which makes him avoid interviews Juventus captain made an exception after he became Golden Foot winner.

"I am proud to have won the award," said Alessandro Del Piero to Sport Express.

"You can never get tired of victories and I believe that I will clinch more titles."

"My goal now is to help Italian side beat France in Euro-2008 qualifier."

"They defeated us 3:1 in our first match which was a slap in the face for us and we now want to avenge it."

"We will have to play Ukraine away then and these two matches will show whether or not we will have chances to go and play in Austria and Switzerland the next year."

"Some players tend to give up national side performances when they get exhausted."

"I am not going to do that as it was my dream to play for the Italian side and Juventus."

"The dream has come true and as long as there is an opportunity to play for these teams I will grab it."
wot a legend. he deserved that award. and he stayed with us when we neede him most. forza delpiero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)