Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (107 Viewers)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
those watches are damn nice!~
i reckon DP should retired the NT..
he got the world cup medal...and i don;t think italy stand a chance winning the european championship and donadoni doesn;t know how to manage the azzurri squad and dun treat dp well enuf...so what's d point??
it will pissed me off if totti si given straight start in the line up if he shall returns, that's just not fair coz others are working their socks off to bring italy back to this situation now...
i think italy is much better off without totti even he's a magnificient player for roma...

Buy on AliExpress.com

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
IF Del Piero is going to England, which team would u want him to play??
which team would suit his style of playing? I probbaly think of Arsenal, he's kinda close to bergkamp type of player, player with elegant touch and sublime skill...hehehe

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Strong sources say that DP was gonna playing in England this year if Calciopoli didn't happen or Capello was still our coach.
Del Piero was thinking about leaving last season because of Capello's trashy way of dealing with him... I don't blame him.. Things has changed since then. It was clear that it was either Del Piero or Capello.
For a player like Del Piero, to bring back the team he loves i.e. Juventus back to Serie A only means that he wants to win something with the team again.
Check the comments of Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon. They dud not speak about bringing Juve back to Serie A only. They want to return Juventus back to its proper place. Its a challenge. Its inspiring to those players. Thats why they are not leaving.
Trezeguet and Camoranesi wanted to leave and more or less they were forced to stay with Juventus. Thats why they had bad moods. Such players I would like for them to stay because they are great players, but I wouldn't be surprised if they leave.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
The Juventus forward was especially happy with the performance of the Azzurri against Lithuania.

Alessandro Del Piero expressed a positive judgement at the two games played by the Italian national side in the past week against Faroe Islands and Lithuania, especially for Wednesday night's match.

"It was a very positive match at Kaunas. A convincing and lively performance, where we showed off our quality, harmony and ease in all departments.

"Thanks to that result we held on to the second place in the group, a position which will allow us to face France with tranquillity, in the next appointment for the Azzurri on the 8th of September."

However, now Del Piero wants to think about Juventus and the final Serie B match.

"Now it's the moment to think in Bianconero, and honour the last match in Serie B, on Sunday at home against Spezia: also for this we have thought of a unique and suggestive event, that is the exhibition-training which will be held on Friday afternoon in Piazza Vittorio in Turin.

"A feast open to all fans, but especially an important occasion to help the 'Fondazione Crescere' (Growth Foundation) at the Sant'Ann Onlus."

Goal.com 08.06.2007

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Del Piero: Juventus can't waste transfer funds

Juventus captain Alessandro del Piero is looking forward to working with new coach Claudio Ranieri - and has urged management to spend wisely this summer.

The striker said: "I'm sure he (Ranieri) was the best choice. We agree, Deschamps was nearly an 'Italian' and knew our football very well, while Ranieri is an Italian with experience abroad. I have not ever known him personally, but they say that he is an intelligent person, one who knows his facts.

"Moreover, he is excellent with the young players."

On the summer market, Del Piero added: "I wait and hope that the club buys well.

"I believe they'll only have a fraction of the £100 million that has been talked about. Even £35 million can be spent very quickly. We cannot afford any mistakes."
Source: Tribalfootball

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
those watches are damn nice!~
i reckon DP should retired the NT..
he got the world cup medal...and i don;t think italy stand a chance winning the european championship and donadoni doesn;t know how to manage the azzurri squad and dun treat dp well enuf...so what's d point??
it will pissed me off if totti si given straight start in the line up if he shall returns, that's just not fair coz others are working their socks off to bring italy back to this situation now...
i think italy is much better off without totti even he's a magnificient player for roma...
I don't think Del Piero still plays for NT for Donadoni or for even more glory. I believe he simply enjoys playing, the game itself (as Maradona said). Why the hell not, he feels good, so when the nation calls, he's ready to help once again, and wouldn't ever bitch to anyone about anything...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea I remember Ale was heavily linked with Man Utd a lot of times...Ferguson has always been crazy bout him...and Donadoni is a crap coach...it is unfortunate that no Azzurri coach after Cesare Maldini has truly believed in Ale...if he was given the full backing of the Coaches i am sure Ale would have done even more for the NT

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Del Piero takes his time
Saturday 9 June, 2007

Alessandro Del Piero is overjoyed at news Gigi Buffon has extended his contract, but says there’s plenty of time for his own Juventus pledge.

The club’s future is taking shape after Claudio Ranieri was sworn in as new Coach and Buffon penned a deal tying him to Turin until 2012.

“We all hoped he would make that decision, so of course we’re extremely happy,” said the captain. “Buffon’s value to the side is not just as a sportsman, but also as a person.

“Now I hope that other teammates like David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi can stay, but it is the club that must make the decisions. At most all I can do is give my advice, if I am asked.”

Jonathan Zebina has already put pen to paper, but Del Piero assures there is no need to fret over his own situation.

“I have recently spoken to Jean Claude Blanc, but not about my contract. There is time for this issue, as right now there are other priorities.”

One of those is to strengthen the squad that has earned promotion from Serie B after Calciopoli and President Cobolli Gigli whetted the appetites of the supporters.

“The players met with Ranieri and his staff for the first time on Friday and we expect to announce another important new signing very soon,” said the patron.

“We are working to make the team ever stronger and I am sure that when we start the season, we will immediately be competitive.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun9a.html

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Del Piero needs a new challenge his done all there is to do sometimes u wonder if he could have maybe played abroad! i would have been interested on how he went about it! But his heart is with Juve and how rare and great that is, proberly so rare that it must b respected so highly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)