Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (118 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
Del Piero: Inter lack respect Tuesday 29 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Gennaro Gattuso, now Alessandro Del Piero has told Inter to curb their enthusiasm. “They’re exaggerating with all this talk of thieving.”

The Nerazzurri are celebrating their Scudetto victory and have repeatedly stated it was the first 'clean’ title in many a year.

During their trophy presentation on Sunday, the squad joined the fans in singing 'We win without thieving’ – a reference to the Calciopoli scandal that saw Juventus demoted and other teams such as Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina docked points.

“With all this talk of thieving they really are exaggerating now,” snapped the Bianconeri captain on 'Repubblica TV.’

“They are being very disrespectful towards us and all the other sides and players in Serie A.”

Inter had a record-breaking run in Serie A this season, but Del Piero points out there were obvious benefits post-Calciopoli with the penalties to other clubs.

“Inter had their work made easy for them, but they still did well to take full advantage of the situation.”

Del Piero also had words for Zdenek Zeman, the Coach who sparked a widespread investigation into medicinal practices at Juventus after making insinuations on Alex’s change in musculature.

“I put on 1.5kg from the age of 19 to 24. Now that they say I am more agile and lighter, I actually weigh more than I did back then.

“Most of the time appearances can be deceptive. I have always believed in hard work to better myself, in the gym and on the pitch. Some people are just stupid, though…”

Channel4.com

Gotta love thoes words.. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Gianluigi Buffon has maintained that the possible appointment of Marcello Lippi as new Juventus boss will have no impact on whether he stays or goes this summer.

The goalkeeper is in talks with the Bianconeri over his future and some reports claimed that Buffon would commit to the cause if Lippi were the man to replace Didier Deschamps after his departure.

However, the World Cup winner has underlined that the new Coach will not play a key role in his final decision.

“I don’t know who will replace Deschamps and it isn’t a problem for me, it is for the club to resolve,” he noted. “I’m just a player.

“Lippi? He obviously represents a guarantee and if he joins Juve it will be better for everyone.

“However, I want to clarify that if I decide to stay here it will not be because of one person, but because I feel I have found the right stimuli to return to the highest levels in Italy and in Europe.

“I met the club officials last week and I admit that I am closer to staying here rather than leaving, but this doesn’t mean that we have solved all issues.

Some of the factors involved have nothing to do with football. Just as Alessandro Del Piero, I represent something more than a simple football player.”

Buffon added that he was surprised by the departure of Deschamps on Saturday night even if he was aware of a certain friction between Coach and club.

“We knew that there were some problems, but I think that misunderstandings between the Coach and the management are normal in an important club which wants to obtain prestigious results.

“If he decided to leave he must have had his own reasons and I want to thank him because my relationship with him was excellent. I hope his replacement will be just as good.

“Now it is just important for Juventus to react and finalise an important project for the future,” concluded the man currently on international duty.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Del Piero: Inter lack respect Tuesday 29 May, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Gennaro Gattuso, now Alessandro Del Piero has told Inter to curb their enthusiasm. “They’re exaggerating with all this talk of thieving.”

The Nerazzurri are celebrating their Scudetto victory and have repeatedly stated it was the first ‘clean’ title in many a year.

During their trophy presentation on Sunday, the squad joined the fans in singing ‘We win without thieving’ – a reference to the Calciopoli scandal that saw Juventus demoted and other teams such as Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina docked points.

“With all this talk of thieving they really are exaggerating now,” snapped the Bianconeri captain on ‘Repubblica TV.’

“They are being very disrespectful towards us and all the other sides and players in Serie A.”

Inter had a record-breaking run in Serie A this season, but Del Piero points out there were obvious benefits post-Calciopoli with the penalties to other clubs.

“Inter had their work made easy for them, but they still did well to take full advantage of the situation.”

Del Piero also had words for Zdenek Zeman, the Coach who sparked a widespread investigation into medicinal practices at Juventus after making insinuations on Alex’s change in musculature.

“I put on 1.5kg from the age of 19 to 24. Now that they say I am more agile and lighter, I actually weigh more than I did back then.

“Most of the time appearances can be deceptive. I have always believed in hard work to better myself, in the gym and on the pitch. Some people are just stupid, though…”

Channel4.com

Gotta love thoes words.. ;)
Alex is da man!:strong:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He can thank (or insult) the coach that he played with him for a season. Don't you think that a coach who prefered him always deserved some recognition?
I didn't hear any player stating something like "Thanks Didier"....Plus thats not really an issue, I'm sure players like Ale would already thank Didier who is a friend before being a coach to Ale, remmber they played together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)