Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (113 Viewers)

hcandraw

Aug 22, 2006
vlatko said:
i didn't say what he said was wrong, i said i even agree with what he said, i don't agree with the way he said and most importantly to whom he said it. if he had told that to capello himself, not the press, he'd get more respect from me, that would have been class.

like i said i don't want to get into this as it's a lost cause. all of you despise capello and i respect him as a coach. i also love and respect del piero so this debate is pointeless to me. in this particular case, personally i would have prefered the other approach rather than this one, but that alex has class and is a professioanl, that goes without saying.
What's wrong with it actually? A reporter asked his opinion about Capello, and he, as a person who was being asked, answered the question with honesty and openness. He expressed his view by claiming that he actually had a personal clash with Capello and criticising his tactics. Like what other members pointed out, he waited for 2 years to blast him, because he didn't want to disrupt the harmony within the squad. But do you think that if no one was going to ask him about what he feels after Capello left, he would open a press conference and shout his unpleasantness. No, I don't think so.

It's just that a reporter asked him, and he responded it. That's it. That's about it. Sure, it would be better if he shutted his mouth, but he ain't God, he ain't an angel, he is a human like us who sometimes need someone to share our own feelings. Remember, he was kinda 'tortured' in this past two years, and he was just 'unleashed'. You may disagree with me, and I will respect your opinion, but please try to imagine if you were in his shoes. :pint:

I still rate his words as class because he didn't talk the way Totti did, he didn't insult Capello as a person (like what others usually do) but as a coach, and he kept his mouth shutted for the fuckin 2 years, not like the Ibrahimoshit, who played almost every match (horribly), but still asking for a fuckin pay rise.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug26k.html

Didier unleashes Del Piero Saturday 26 August, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps admits he could field Alessandro Del Piero from the start in Sunday’s Coppa Italia showdown with Napoli.

“We still have a few problems upfront, as Marcelo Zalayeta returned late from Uruguay and will be fined. David Trezeguet is dealing with injuries and Del Piero can’t play 90 minutes. I can’t say if he’ll start, but Alessandro will certainly feature,” explained the Coach.

‘Alex’ proved decisive in the last round, coming off the bench to secure a hard-fought 2-1 win over Serie B outfit Cesena.

Now the Bianconeri face a far tougher prospect, as they’ll take on Napoli in front of an estimated 60,000 fans at the Stadio San Paolo for the Third Round.

“If he starts the match, then he’ll come off when he feels tired. If Del Piero is a substitute, then his quality will shine through when the tempo begins to flag. In any case, I think the important thing for this side is to have a great midfield, as that is where a team stems from.”

Del Piero hit the headlines this week when he continued to berate former Bianconeri boss Fabio Capello by confessing, “If he hadn’t left, then I would’ve gone abroad.” However, Deschamps refused to be drawn into the melee.

“Don’t you dare think I’m going to comment on these things. Aside from everything, I think that if you have someone like Del Piero in your team, you’d do well to play him. If he loses fitness levels over the year then that’s a different matter, but the important thing is to be clear.

“There are two fundamental rules a Coach must follow,” continued the ex-Monaco tactician. “He must never make promises to players or stay on the pitch with them. If you play alongside them, you lose something in terms of authority.”

Nicola Legrottaglie is also out of Sunday’s showdown, picking up a thigh problem that’ll keep him sidelined for a month, while new signing Jean-Alain Boumsong’s international transfer has not yet come through from Newcastle United.

seems ale will definately play against napoli then :agree:

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
DD about dp's comments on Capello :D

Didier Deschamps, asked to comment about Alessandro Del Piero's comments on Capello explaine: "Do you expect me to comment on these things.... I think that if one has Del Piero who is playig well he has to play, but if over a season he gets out of form, one has to take decisions: the most important thing is to be clear".

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
pavelnedved said:
that's me.

I already have a DP shirt from a couple of years ago and Nedved's of last season and Palla and Balza are the next best thing. :agree: I love them :D
yea me two, but whenever i buy a juve shirt with a name and number its ale's, even if you forget ale's status in juve and his acheivements, there is something cool about the name DEL PIERO and the number 10 :cool:

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
hcandraw said:
What's wrong with it actually? A reporter asked his opinion about Capello, and he, as a person who was being asked, answered the question with honesty and openness. He expressed his view by claiming that he actually had a personal clash with Capello and criticising his tactics. Like what other members pointed out, he waited for 2 years to blast him, because he didn't want to disrupt the harmony within the squad. But do you think that if no one was going to ask him about what he feels after Capello left, he would open a press conference and shout his unpleasantness. No, I don't think so.

It's just that a reporter asked him, and he responded it. That's it. That's about it. Sure, it would be better if he shutted his mouth, but he ain't God, he ain't an angel, he is a human like us who sometimes need someone to share our own feelings. Remember, he was kinda 'tortured' in this past two years, and he was just 'unleashed'. You may disagree with me, and I will respect your opinion, but please try to imagine if you were in his shoes. :pint:

I still rate his words as class because he didn't talk the way Totti did, he didn't insult Capello as a person (like what others usually do) but as a coach, and he kept his mouth shutted for the fuckin 2 years, not like the Ibrahimoshit, who played almost every match (horribly), but still asking for a fuckin pay rise.
agree :agree:
we love Del Piero more and more and much more.. :toast:

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
guys, i am sadlah, won;t be seeing dp playing for a while coz Malaysia only shows seria A and won;t feature any seriaB matches..too bad..
but i wil stil follow Juve n DP news through internet..=) forza juve, forza dp and i hope next season they wil get back to seriaA..i think this whole thing is kinda a scandal, y other 4 clubs can stil stay put in seria A?? That's just so NOT FAIR!!
ESP. MILAN...but what the heck, we will just show them how strong Juve is..
guys, do u know where i can buy del piero kappa sony mini disc no.10 jersey?(genuine one) ?? 95% of the ebay jerseys r faked stuff!!

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
lavenderguy said:
guys, i am sadlah, won;t be seeing dp playing for a while coz Malaysia only shows seria A and won;t feature any seriaB matches..too bad..
but i wil stil follow Juve n DP news through internet..=) forza juve, forza dp and i hope next season they wil get back to seriaA..i think this whole thing is kinda a scandal, y other 4 clubs can stil stay put in seria A?? That's just so NOT FAIR!!
ESP. MILAN...but what the heck, we will just show them how strong Juve is..
guys, do u know where i can buy del piero kappa sony mini disc no.10 jersey?(genuine one) ?? 95% of the ebay jerseys r faked stuff!!
Hi,

you can download all the goals at least from many Serie B matches and Coppa Italia matches from the internet so that you can at least see the goals and highlights. And you're right, the decision to only relegate Juve to Serie B is not a balanced one but they just needed to punish someone hard or otherwise the Italians and the world would've disapproved. Juve was in the middle of the scandal because this all started from Moggi's phone calls so it was logical that if someone pays hard, it'll be Juve. It's still not fair because Juve couldn't have run this "system" alone at all but anyway, this is Del Piero thread so I won't go into details.

I don't know where you can buy that shirt but you could try Juve's official store www.juvestore.com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)