Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (115 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Alessandro Del Piero has admitted that he is looking forward to life at Juventus without previous boss Fabio Capello.

The latter jumped ship over the summer when he left for Real Madrid, but captain Del Piero remained as the Italian giants were sensationally demoted to Serie B.

Although the No 10 concedes that opting to feature in the Second Division was no easy decision, he hopes to play a more significant role in the team under new Coach Didier Deschamps.

“The last two years [under Capello] were very tough,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport. “However, now I can return to playing football with the love that I have for it.

“The era of terror in training under Capello has now gone. After all, you can’t treat a 30-year-old like an 18-year-old.

“New boss Didier Deschamps? He was an excellent teammate and he will now be an excellent Coach.”

Although Del Piero admits that he thought long and hard about his future, he has conceded that staying was his only option.

“I already decided to stay a year ago after a few differences of opinion with the Coach,” he noted. “I listened to my heart.

“Today, after winning the World Cup, I have understood that Juventus – as Pavel Nedved said – need important players to get back up.

“The Agnelli family deserve this, as do the fans and the new directors,” he underlined.

“Are those players who have left traitors? I respect the decisions of those who have preferred to change shirts.”

When asked about the decision to hand last season’s Juventus title to Inter, Del Piero has clear issues.

“We deserved that title on the pitch,” he argued. “I’m tired of hearing people say that Scudetto is one of honesty.

“Whatever the almanacs state, nobody will take away those two Scudetti from my heart or my muscles.”

Channel4

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Deschamps can count on the presence of Del Piero: “Alex chose to stay right away. He’s not only a fantastic player but an essential influence in the dressing room as well. I know him well already, having played alongside him, and he knows how important he is to the team. At the moment he needs to get back to fitness but he will be ready to show his magic come the beginning of the season”

I hope someone will be broadcasting that magic...

Ivyscorpioo

Apr 4, 2006
Byrone said:
Alessandro Del Piero has admitted that he is looking forward to life at Juventus without previous boss Fabio Capello.

The latter jumped ship over the summer when he left for Real Madrid, but captain Del Piero remained as the Italian giants were sensationally demoted to Serie B.

Although the No 10 concedes that opting to feature in the Second Division was no easy decision, he hopes to play a more significant role in the team under new Coach Didier Deschamps.

“The last two years [under Capello] were very tough,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport. “However, now I can return to playing football with the love that I have for it.

The era of terror in training under Capello has now gone. After all, you can’t treat a 30-year-old like an 18-year-old.
“New boss Didier Deschamps? He was an excellent teammate and he will now be an excellent Coach.”

Although Del Piero admits that he thought long and hard about his future, he has conceded that staying was his only option.

“I already decided to stay a year ago after a few differences of opinion with the Coach,” he noted. “I listened to my heart.

“Today, after winning the World Cup, I have understood that Juventus – as Pavel Nedved said – need important players to get back up.

“The Agnelli family deserve this, as do the fans and the new directors,” he underlined.

“Are those players who have left traitors? I respect the decisions of those who have preferred to change shirts.”

When asked about the decision to hand last season’s Juventus title to Inter, Del Piero has clear issues.

“We deserved that title on the pitch,” he argued. “I’m tired of hearing people say that Scudetto is one of honesty.

“Whatever the almanacs state, nobody will take away those two Scudetti from my heart or my muscles.”

Channel4
:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :tup:

Thank God that Crapello had finally gone. Forza Ale.

My Best wish to Real Madrid and Inter, hope they both sink into the Black Hole .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)