Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (216 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

I would like to clarify once and for all that the Juventus doesn't have and you/he/she has never had a problem Of the Peter. If he speaks so much of him now and' because' to the outside a distorted image of its relationship is had with the Juve. Not and' so'. Alexander will stay' with us". Luciano Moggi, general manager bianconero, confirms already a concept' express other times: any crisis Between the Peter and Hair , any intention to surrender a player-flag. "And' normal - it still underlines Moggi - that Of the Peter interests the more clubs' important of the world. And' true, you/he/she is not crossing a bright moment, us however' we have the strength to wait for him/it". (Messenger of the Sport)

i wonder how these translators work :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stu I don't think Capello is biased. He has his own philosophies and his own ideas but that doesn't make him biased. Otherwise we could say that Lippi was biased towards playing DP no matter how his form was ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Stu, lets be fair to Capello.

As you, i really dont like the way Capello is benching Alex, but the use of two contention midfielders as been, as long as it seems, on of the reasons that keep us leaders in serie A...To begin now to use a creative center midfielder would be very dangerous and will change the scheme game to a point that we would need two or three months to adapt to it...there is not time...Don Fabio is doing his best with the players he has....
To change it now would be a bad move, but remember that Capello was the one who changed the system from 4-3-1-2 to 4-4-2. He was the one that ensured we had four defensive midfielders in the squad by signing Emerson, bringing back Blasi and keeping both Tacchinardi and Appiah. He was the one that moved Nedved from behind the strikers to left wing. If Capello wanted to play positive attacking football he would've signed an attacking midfielder, but that's not what he wanted and it would be very difficult to change it now.

The let's score and sit back mentality also tends to annoy me.

EDIT: Capello is also the man that shipped one of our only creative midfielders, Maresca, to Florence.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nonsense Stu. Lippi effectively destroyed the prospect of Maresca taking a role in the side because of his reluctance to play him in the first team and favor the "old guard." Same crap happened with Miccoli when he deserved to play over Del Piero, and frankly I'm glad Capello is here to throw that old guard nonsense out the back door of the Delle Alpi.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
capello has done that wherever he has been. this is why he gets results. but creates enemies along the way.

95/96 season, in milan, Capello changed Milans formation to 4-4-2 which meant players like Baggio and Savecivic suffered. But they won the scudetto anyway.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Did Capello win anything with Juve? No. Did Lippi win anything with Juve? Yes he won everything.
So why do you respect Capello more than Lippi, you talk about lippi as if he is a regular coach, when he was one of the most succesful coaches in Juve's history.

This is so confusing, people here must have short term memory.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I dont think anybody in here can deny the quality and knowledge of Marcello Lippi. He won everything with Juventus, i mean everything, using different formations and different players... For me, best juventino coach ever.period.

But when Lippi resigned, it was necesary to bring "a shure hand". Deschamps, Prandelli, Delneri where interesant options, but none of them can be considered as a shure hand.

Capello maybe not very sympathetic person but he has what we need: A coach with history conducting gigantic teams, with international and serie A experience and a defintive winner...

Until now(six months), he has us in top of serie A and qualified for next round CL easily. We are ranked between the three best teams in Europe.What more do you want him to do at the moment?

Im truly convinced that Capello his good enough to give us scudetti and CL cup. Just dont prejudice him....

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++
Did Capello win anything with Juve? No. Did Lippi win anything with Juve? Yes he won everything.
So why do you respect Capello more than Lippi, you talk about lippi as if he is a regular coach, when he was one of the most succesful coaches in Juve's history.

This is so confusing, people here must have short term memory.

are you comparing 6 months of cappello vs years with lippi ?

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
I dont think anybody in here can deny the quality and knowledge of Marcello Lippi. He won everything with Juventus, i mean everything, using different formations and different players... For me, best juventino coach ever.period.

But when Lippi resigned, it was necesary to bring "a shure hand". Deschamps, Prandelli, Delneri where interesant options, but none of them can be considered as a shure hand.

Capello maybe not very sympathetic person but he has what we need: A coach with history conducting gigantic teams, with international and serie A experience and a defintive winner...

Until now(six months), he has us in top of serie A and qualified for next round CL easily. We are ranked between the three best teams in Europe.What more do you want him to do at the moment?

Im truly convinced that Capello his good enough to give us scudetti and CL cup. Just dont prejudice him....

agreed!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Nonsense Stu. Lippi effectively destroyed the prospect of Maresca taking a role in the side because of his reluctance to play him in the first team and favor the "old guard." Same crap happened with Miccoli when he deserved to play over Del Piero, and frankly I'm glad Capello is here to throw that old guard nonsense out the back door of the Delle Alpi.
If you read my previous post you would've seen me write that Lippi was biased as well. He didn't play Maresca and Miccoli half as much as he should've, but Capello had the opportunity to reinstate them into Juve's plans but chose not to. That's all I'm saying.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Look, I'm bigger than just a fan, I'm like air conditioning, dawg, but Capello is unfairing Del Piero. He's a great coach but I disagree with some of his decisions and the DP issue isn't the only one. I disagree with how he has this Juve team playing and I disagree with starting two defensive midfielders. I'll admit that I'm sick of Capello's biased decisions and people trying to justify them, but that isn't the only mistake Cap is making IMO.
No-one even noticed that line :( I thought it was pretty good :down:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
He's probably respected for the fact that wherever he went, he won. Somethin which Lippi didn't succeed to do (but then again maybe even Capello would never be able to win anything with Inter :D)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
i would hate to see Juve winning the CL this year without Del Piero leading da team out and lifting the cup and all, it would make me feel sick but oviously i wud still be in ecstacy over Juve winning.
Imagine if he didn't even get to play! it would be so ****en unfair.
if the CL final was in a few weeks and Nedved was fit do u think Del Piero would start over an inform Trez and Zlatan?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Actually that was a sick line Stu, touche, dawg. :D
Thanks, really means alot :)

It's good to know that you, Jeeks and I can agree on something in a DP thread :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
i would hate to see Juve winning the CL this year without Del Piero leading da team out and lifting the cup and all, it would make me feel sick but oviously i wud still be in ecstacy over Juve winning.
Imagine if he didn't even get to play! it would be so ****en unfair.
if the CL final was in a few weeks and Nedved was fit do u think Del Piero would start over an inform Trez and Zlatan?

I Don't see DP being in the first line-up, sad, but it has to happen. Lets just hope somthing happens and DP suddenly transforms into the inform DP of the past. But right now it doesn't look like DP is as vital to Juve as he was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 209)