Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (63 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
oh ffs, what's everyone complaining about? Capello came in and took a disgraceful side with the sloppiest backline we've had for years, and turned it into the solidest defence in the league.

Not to mention he did all this using a free signing, and that we got possibly the best central defender in the world for peanuts.

Capello took a young hothead signing and helped him to adapt to the toughest league in the world, and turned a player who we all called "Zalashita" last season into a reliable substitute who could come on and score when called upon.

We're top of the league and absolutely breezed through our CL group, yet people aren't satisfied? Why? Because Del Piero is getting less playing time than he did under Lippi, who played him for 90 minutes even when his performances were quite frankly horse crap :rolleyes: gimme a break

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

How the Fvck do you expect always better From the Captain when your not Even giving him 90min to play ( remmber the bayern away game )...How the hell do you expect Dp to solve juve's problem Against Cagliari when he just played for 10min....

its not what the team can do for you, but what you can do for your team...;)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
We're top of the league and absolutely breezed through our CL group, yet people aren't satisfied? Why? Because Del Piero is getting less playing time than he did under Lippi, who played him for 90 minutes even when his performances were quite frankly horse crap :rolleyes: gimme a break

That still doenst mean anything as the league has not yet finished and its not about del piero. Whats the difference between this year's Juve and last up untill now (jan)?.. NOTHING. Last yr Juve were at the top of the league till half of the season which we are now. we qualified easily to knock-out stages of CL as well with high scoring games (7-0, 4-0 etc), and this yr was easy also with Cap's 1-0 wins. After the January last year Juve started to fck up, which ironicaly seems to be the case with Capello's Juve. Juve couldnt beat freakin Cagliari, and the goal by Emerson should not have been counted as Trez was clearly in a offside position.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
oh ffs, what's everyone complaining about? Capello came in and took a disgraceful side with the sloppiest backline we've had for years, and turned it into the solidest defence in the league.

Not to mention he did all this using a free signing, and that we got possibly the best central defender in the world for peanuts.

Capello took a young hothead signing and helped him to adapt to the toughest league in the world, and turned a player who we all called "Zalashita" last season into a reliable substitute who could come on and score when called upon.

Why shouldnt we critisize if we think that something is wrong?Ok Capello is a great coach but in all honesty he isn't treating our captain well. Do you think it is good that he subs DP every game even when he plays well. Yeah he helped us a lot this season, but what must be said should be said.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

It will only be a matter of time. The clock is running out....

Oh, how do you know Deschamps would have been better? Oh right, because he would have played Del Piero. :rolleyes:
Nah because he wont Sub Dp when he's doing good...

He wont be "Zlatanist"

He knows how Juve works as he played for us in 90's....

And simply as a Coach , { Monaco almost won the CL }

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Yeah...Lippi used the carrot with DP but did not work. Now Capello is using the stick. If this doesn't work either then I'm sorry but DP has no chance of regaining his best form ever and should really start considering a move to Palermo ;)
Lippi used the carrot with Dp, simply bcuz he scored over 90goals since lippi took charge of juve:)....and made him one of the best players in the world....so i don't think the carrot thing was a negative thing, was it?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

That still doenst mean anything as the league has not yet finished and its not about del piero. Whats the difference between this year's Juve and last up untill now (jan)?.. NOTHING. Last yr Juve were at the top of the league till half of the season which we are now. we qualified easily to knock-out stages of CL as well with high scoring games (7-0, 4-0 etc), and this yr was easy also with Cap's 1-0 wins. After the January last year Juve started to fck up, which ironicaly seems to be the case with Capello's Juve. Juve couldnt beat freakin Cagliari, and the goal by Emerson should not have been counted as Trez was clearly in a offside position.
Thank you Ramin.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++

Why shouldnt we critisize if we think that something is wrong?Ok Capello is a great coach but in all honesty he isn't treating our captain well. Do you think it is good that he subs DP every game even when he plays well. Yeah he helped us a lot this season, but what must be said should be said.
Allah ye7foz el Ba7rain:)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I just don't get some of these fans. All of this Capello "complaining" stems from his decision to not play Del Piero and favor Zlatan Ibrahimovic. They forget the wonders Capello has worked thus far in the season all because of one underlying priority, the well-being of Alessandro Del Piero. Its almost like Del Piero is the only thing people care about; who cares about the results just play Del Piero. Then when we do not win a game people blame Capello for not playing Del Piero. I think some people should take a good look at themselves in the mirror and ask if they are a Juve fan or a DP fan.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
I think people should lay off Del Piero and Capello and judge the team and not individuals...

Let them do what they can, and we'll criticise or praise them when the season finishes. And i'm not talking about u guys. I'm talking about the press and generally people in Italy, who are putting more and more pressure on Alex and Capello, with no need...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I just don't get some of these fans. All of this Capello "complaining" stems from his decision to not play Del Piero and favor Zlatan Ibrahimovic. They forget the wonders Capello has worked thus far in the season all because of one underlying priority, the well-being of Alessandro Del Piero. Its almost like Del Piero is the only thing people care about; who cares about the results just play Del Piero. Then when we do not win a game people blame Capello for not playing Del Piero. I think some people should take a good look at themselves in the mirror and ask if they are a Juve fan or a DP fan.
Unfortunately the hype surrounding DP brought lots of fans who were more after the player than the team.

I used to think that Baggio leaving would be the worst thing in my life when I was a 14/15 year old kid, but one week into the following season I was over it as I was still siding for Juve.

Seriously, before I used to get 'attached' to the players, but after Baggio and also Zidane I don't really care about the players, I only care about the team. I don't care who plays as long as we win, but to do so we need to field our best players and for me Juve comes before DP.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Capello was a great signing for Juve. Moggi's biggest surprise in the last few years, and I will still say Capello was the best possible choice even if we end up empty handed this year. Not a C*nt, but a great coach.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Unfortunately the hype surrounding DP brought lots of fans who were more after the player than the team.

I used to think that Baggio leaving would be the worst thing in my life when I was a 14/15 year old kid, but one week into the following season I was over it as I was still siding for Juve.

Seriously, before I used to get 'attached' to the players, but after Baggio and also Zidane I don't really care about the players, I only care about the team. I don't care who plays as long as we win, but to do so we need to field our best players and for me Juve comes before DP.

Very much my sentiments as well Glenn. After Zidane was sold I was rather pissed, however after I realized what players we recieved from his sale I was not mad anymore. Its not about the players, its about the well-being of the club.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
I will still say Capello was the best possible choice even if we end up empty handed this year.
Oh yeah? Well, I beg to differ. If we're not to win anything this season, and may I remind you that being an instant hit is the very goal that made the difference in favour of Capello, we might've aswell gone for a full reconstruction instead of going for a simple lifting. Translation: what kind of satisfaction will you get playing soporific football and having to bear with that without even the slighest form of compensation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)