Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (61 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I think Capello has the right attitude. We cannot keep fielding players who are not giving their all to the club. With Del Piero's performances of late, no wonder why he said DP is not neccesary for victory. Let the man work, and then judge him after the season is over. If some of you were in Capello's shoes Del Piero would be playing all the time and doing sweet FA while we ruin another talent, Zlatan sitting on the bench.
you changed the Subject....what Capello just declare is Bullsh!t, it shows how stupid he is and arrogant..

How the Fvck do you expect always better From the Captain when your not Even giving him 90min to play ( remmber the bayern away game )...How the hell do you expect Dp to solve juve's problem Against Cagliari when he just played for 10min....

Capello is just Stupid as i though, i really admired him at first and thought he could bring us the trophies back, (still I hope he can ) but i don't have the Faith in this man......Anymore!

Deshamp would have been better....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Palermo offers DP's future

Del Piero offered Palermo path Thursday 20 January, 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambitious Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini is reportedly chasing Juventus idol Alessandro Del Piero.

The Rosaneri chief has long admired the Turin talisman, who has recently been relegated to the bench following David Trezeguet’s return from injury.

A number of clubs have tried to tempt the Italian international away from Turin before but none have succeeded.

However, an exit could be on the horizon given that Del Piero’s place in the starting line-up has never been more in doubt.

Meanwhile, another Bianconeri player could be heading for La Liga after Mark Iuliano joined Majorca this week.

Midfielder Stephen Appiah is being touted as an exchange player in a possible deal for Pablo Ibanez, Atletico Madrid’s 23-year-old centre-half.

The Old Lady also offloaded defender Nicola Legrottaglie to Bologna on Tuesday, which may pave the way for the arrival of Bayer Leverkusen full-back Diego Placente.

Elsewhere in the transfer market, Parma’s reserve ‘keeper Gianluca Berti has signed for Serie B side Torino.

The move may come as a surprise to current shot stopper Stefano Sorrentino, who signed a contract extension only yesterday.

Chievo have confirmed the sale of midfielder Ivone De Franceschi, who passes to Serie C outfit Padova.

source: channel4.com
They can Keep on dreaming....

The Captain will STAY in Juve no matter what....he's ours ONLY ours...

Capello can get ***** if he doesn't like him, but he'll remain in Black and White, as long as he's living he'll stay there!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

They can Keep on dreaming....

The Captain will STAY in Juve no matter what....he's ours ONLY ours...

Capello can get ***** if he doesn't like him, but he'll remain in Black and White, as long as he's living he'll stay there!
It will only be a matter of time. The clock is running out....

Oh, how do you know Deschamps would have been better? Oh right, because he would have played Del Piero. :rolleyes:

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Deschamps is more the man of a project, like Arsène Wenger. He wouldn't necessarily have brought immediate (and unexpected) results as Capello did. But beyond the results, I was expecting more radical changes in terms of play and philosophy after Lippi's departure, even if it meant not being immediate Scudetto contenders.

Deschamps would've fixed things on the long term, by favouring quality football, turnover and the arrival of young talented players who'd feel trusted. Some processes take time for a reason, you know. You'll retort that we maight aswell win first and only then start wondering about playing well. How concerned about the latter is Capello supposed to be as long as he makes Juve win? Note that the notion of Capello being succesful is a relative one when taking into account the kind of reinforcements he was offered and the fact that Lippi only did score 1 point less after 19 weeks, playing much better. But I digress...

Imagine we crumble, imagine Milan superseed us and Real knock us out of the CL, imagine we end up trophyless this season -- and I believe we're going right there with this kind of philosophy of ours. Time to draw the conclusions. What will we have gained from the season? NOTHING as far as I'm concerned We'll have to start from scratch - get ourselves a gameplan and new players, that is.

PS: Deschamps is part of the furnitures! Capello is a c*nt, however much I may respect him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I think Capello has the right attitude. We cannot keep fielding players who are not giving their all to the club. With Del Piero's performances of late, no wonder why he said DP is not neccesary for victory. Let the man work, and then judge him after the season is over. If some of you were in Capello's shoes Del Piero would be playing all the time and doing sweet FA while we ruin another talent, Zlatan sitting on the bench.
Bullshit, Andy. Capello doesn't give a fvck as to whether DP gives his all or not. If DP does well he'll be subbed or benched and if he doesn't do well he'll be subbed or benched. Del Piero shouldn't play all the time, nor does he deserve to, but Capello is fvcking him up and his decisions are biased and have become quite pathetic. Why should Ale's involvement hinder Zlatan's progression? Those two should be starting together because Trez isn't fully fit, but as soon as Cap has another option he benches DP. IMO he only started Alex as opposed to Zalayeta during Treze's absence for fear of what people would say, but even so, he subbed him practically every game.

As Steph said, Capello is a c*nt.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Lets get not judge Capello so slightly...He is trying to make the team work by any means, but i suppose that Cagliari game give him a clear indication that Ibra-Trez maybe is not the solution we were waiting for. I bet he will begin next game with DP-Trez, to check out if things go right.....

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
You guys are too harsh on Capello. January is his off month and I guess we won't be seeing anything good before February starts.

From what he said I take it that he wants to field the players who he blieves are most in form and not just on the name. Maybe this way he might push DP to give 110% rather than a 50% which he had accustomed us to.

Lippi used to play DP every game hoping he will regain his best form. That did not succeed. Let's see if this other tactic that Capello is using works.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Exactly right Glenn. DP giving his all seems to be an issue, and hopefully he will start to give it now because his spot on the pitch is not reserved anymore.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah...Lippi used the carrot with DP but did not work. Now Capello is using the stick. If this doesn't work either then I'm sorry but DP has no chance of regaining his best form ever and should really start considering a move to Palermo ;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Yeah...Lippi used the carrot with DP but did not work. Now Capello is using the stick. If this doesn't work either then I'm sorry but DP has no chance of regaining his best form ever and should really start considering a move to Palermo ;)
I wouldn't move to Palermo if I were him.

I'd just retire.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Palermo are a nice reality of Italian football. Hope they keep on doing well cos it's cheaper for us maltese to go watch a game there rather than travel to Italy :D

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Let's make it clear once for all that, as far as I'm concerned, the way DP is being treated is just one among several grievances. Some deeds I didn't expect from Capello admittedly, some orientations I do not approve but I won't be too harsh on him. One, because I must return Cesar what belongs to Cesar, he's doing great at what he does best despite all the criticism. And two, because he didn't impose himself, the board chose him, in full knowledge of the cause. That means, one, it had set its (read: ours) priorities and, two, it had expectations and anticipations and Capello is merely acting accordingly. The 2 no-nonsense DMs, the stubborness, the abyssmal lack of rotation. We knew what we'd get, didn't we?

I guess that what I'm trying to say is that I wish the board had given Deschamps his chance. Notwithstanding the fact that we're topping the rankings as we speak. I know the future could prove me wrong and there's even the fear of me having to turn my coat eventually. It feels like we might've missed a turn. There were so many construction sites open, which I had hoped would've been adressed and haven't IMO. Again, the gult lays on the board as much as it he does on Capello's shoulders.

I had hoped for something else, that's all.

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
And reading that Del Piero never regained good form makes me laugh..it's fvcking pathetic as DP scored 45 goals in 2 seasons before 2004....2 scudetti & 1 CL Final..Maybe Mr Ibrahimovic has a better record...Yall liers & haters, aren't ya?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

I guess that what I'm trying to say is that I wish the board had given Deschamps his chance. Notwithstanding the fact that we're topping the rankings as we speak. I know the future could prove me wrong and there's even the fear of me having to turn my coat eventually. It feels like we might've missed a turn. There were so many construction sites open, which I had hoped would've been adressed and haven't IMO. Again, the gult lays on the board as much as it he does on Capello's shoulders.
Deschamps just started his coaching career in 2002 with Monaco, that is, his first position as a head coach. After his first season he started to guide Monaco along nicely, eventually taking them to the CL Final. However Monaco lost in the Final to Porto, and while that was happening the Principality club was losing points in Ligue 1. They lost points, and Lyon stepped in and took the title. Such a great season for Deschamps, turning a club on the brink of bankruptcy to a club challenging on all fronts of competition. But what does he have to show for it? Nothing. And this year seems to be more lackluster than the previous. It is clear to me that Deschamps was not ready to coach a team like Juventus after last season, and so far he will not be ready to coach after this one either. It would be a rather dubious call by the Board to instate a third year coach who has not had enough experiance yet to coach Juventus. The Board made the right decision by giving Didier more time to learn and in the meantime hire a one of the best coaches in world football. There is just no reason to question a decision like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)