Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (141 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++

Saying that Del Piero is Juventus means that Del Piero without Juve would be nothing, while saying that Juventus is Del Piero means that without Del piero Juve are nothing. At least thats what I understood from his statement.

So You would be a true fan by saying dp is juve and a dp fan to say the opposite.
"Yeah look at me I'm a true fan. I want Del Piero to play because he is Juventus, he will always be Juventus and we should sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic because ......just because Del Piero is Juventus." :rolleyes:

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

"Yeah look at me I'm a true fan. I want Del Piero to play because he is Juventus, he will always be Juventus and we should sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic because ......just because Del Piero is Juventus." :rolleyes:
What the hell are you saying, I never said that, I was trying to explain what the guy was saying. Did I even mention Ibrahimovic im my post. And even if I said that, doesnt mean Im not a "true" Juve fan, what ever that means. Youre the only person I see in the forums who talk about how real fans should act and they should think... Well fans have differant opinions and I think that DP shouldnt be sold.
:groan::rolleyes:

Enlighten me, how should a real Juve fan think.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I respect your opinion that DP should not be sold. Part of me wants to keep him, however the benefits of selling him would be much greater. I would rather help the club in general than pay attention to Del Piero's welfare. I guess thats just difference in opinion. I was the same way as you until Zidane was sold, so after that I changed my view on the club.

Dec 26, 2004
I'm really interested to know since when U DP haters follow football...

If it is a matter of 2-3 year then OK u have every right to crtisize DP saying he is not a world class player, lack consistency, injury prone and and.....

But if u had followed football for a longer time u would know why Moggi keep faith in him for 11 year and why he is the 2nd top scorer in Juve's history and why Marddona and Ronaldo and Lippi consider him a legendary player....

Sell DP to the destination u like, but I will make u sure Moggi won't sell him...

He should reduce his salary, play when the team need him and sit on the bench when not, wear this jersey until he quit football and then u don't have to watch his retirment game if this make u feel better....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Here we go again. So what if he was the worlds best player 11 years ago, it's now that matters. Hey' Romario was once the worlds best striker but I wouldnt want to see him play for us.

It's now that matters, not 11 years ago.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
He should reduce his salary, play when the team need him and sit on the bench when not, wear this jersey until he quit football and then u don't have to watch his retirment game if this make u feel better....
I think that even DP haters would agree with this....

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Ok the guy is not the same as he was once and will never will be but has he been so terrible? I am just talking about this season and it seems to me that he has in fact scored very important goals for us this season.

i mean we drew 2-2 in prelim fo cl to an unknown Swedish club but in the return against them, he calmed our nerves by getting al important first goal, he scored the first goal against Roma when Roma was on top, scored first and winning goal against Lecce which gave us 3 points, first goal against Sampdoria albeit via penalty, goals that got us 3 points against Siena
The first goal against Livorno which set us on ur way and this is the league

In Cl, he scored the goal that gave us all 3 points against Bayern, the goal which gave saved our faces against Maccaabi and thats 4 points instead of 1 but somehow he gets so much stick for who he was

Zlatan get so much praise for not realy scoring enuff goals but providing so called assists and lets face it becos he is new,I mean he plays practicaly 90 mins in all games and that gives him ample time to remedy a bad performance with a goal but Dp is not afforded such luxury is he now? while Trez is supposed to do nothing for 90 mins but score a goal and everything is fine but Dp is not allowed to do either, he in his bashers eyes should do both
He has to score and also set up people and be the best every time we play, other wise he is a waste of space

Talk about multiple standards.

Mutu, ah yes, the great hope, someone who went 17 games without scoring in a league which is supposedly very easy to score goals as the defending is atrocious, played well in Parma but how many ppl actually flop at Parma? Was a flop at Inter but his supporters will tell you he was not really given a chance but he was at Chelsea another big club going for the ultimate prize but what does he do, he starts to take cocaine becasue things were not going his way.
I am not sure about his international record but i bet that aint great either

Yes Dp has been moddlycuddled by Juve, but he like Raul have deserved it and they get their detractors but they still keep on scoring, might be less frequent than they used to but they do pop with the important goals here and there

And of cos , fans will always buy their shirts and close to their eyes to their shortcomings and thats part of their appeal whether you like it or not

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Ok the guy is not the same as he was once and will never will be but has he been so terrible? I am just talking about this season and it seems to me that he has in fact scored very important goals for us this season.

i mean we drew 2-2 in prelim fo cl to an unknown Swedish club but in the return against them, he calmed our nerves by getting al important first goal, he scored the first goal against Roma when Roma was on top, scored first and winning goal against Lecce which gave us 3 points, first goal against Sampdoria albeit via penalty, goals that got us 3 points against Siena
The first goal against Livorno which set us on ur way and this is the league

In Cl, he scored the goal that gave us all 3 points against Bayern, the goal which gave saved our faces against Maccaabi and thats 4 points instead of 1 but somehow he gets so much stick for who he was

Zlatan get so much praise for not realy scoring enuff goals but providing so called assists and lets face it becos he is new,I mean he plays practicaly 90 mins in all games and that gives him ample time to remedy a bad performance with a goal but Dp is not afforded such luxury is he now? while Trez is supposed to do nothing for 90 mins but score a goal and everything is fine but Dp is not allowed to do either, he in his bashers eyes should do both
He has to score and also set up people and be the best every time we play, other wise he is a waste of space

Talk about multiple standards.

Mutu, ah yes, the great hope, someone who went 17 games without scoring in a league which is supposedly very easy to score goals as the defending is atrocious, played well in Parma but how many ppl actually flop at Parma? Was a flop at Inter but his supporters will tell you he was not really given a chance but he was at Chelsea another big club going for the ultimate prize but what does he do, he starts to take cocaine becasue things were not going his way.
I am not sure about his international record but i bet that aint great either

Yes Dp has been moddlycuddled by Juve, but he like Raul have deserved it and they get their detractors but they still keep on scoring, might be less frequent than they used to but they do pop with the important goals here and there

And of cos , fans will always buy their shirts and close to their eyes to their shortcomings and thats part of their appeal whether you like it or not
No comment:cool:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Andy, my post was not really directed at you, but since I have seen 100% of our matches this season, I would say to you that DP has played like crap in only 1 match, vs. Milan, and in MOST of the matches he has been outstanding. Perhaps not like DP of old but among the best 3 players on the field.
...and in some matches he's been our man of the match.

Forza Ale:)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

Blow me.

I am so sick of the assholes, who since 1998 alternate between "DP is back" and "DP is finished" based on the performance in one or two matches. I like Trezeguet and would not want to see Trez benched, but all he does is show up for 60 seconds during a 90 minute match and score a goal - which is great. But, DP does more for his team in 5 minutes than Trez does during 90.
Hail the Pad:)!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

What sort of fan are you to say either?
Andy, you think your the greates fan ever?? you always ATTACK members here if they support Dp...

You really think the ones whom hates Dp and Bash him ARE the ones that can be considered Real Juve fan??

BS

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Andy, you think your the greates fan ever?? you always ATTACK members here if they support Dp...

You really think the ones whom hates Dp and Bash him ARE the ones that can be considered Real Juve fan??

BS
No, I like Del Piero myself and I have lots of respect for him. I also have respect for some even bigger DP fans than me. However I don't have much respect for people who continually say Del Piero deserves a spot in the team just because he is "Del Piero." Thats friggin nonsense. Also, if Zidane was sold there is no reason why Del Piero shouldn't. Thats my opnion on this subject.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I think what should really make us reflect is the fact that yesterday Capello preferred a 50% Trezeguet rather than a 100% Del Piero. Says alot about what Capello thinks of Del Piero.
Well, well, well.....look who's back....our own "pundit" Glenn B.

What kind of propaganda are we spewing today Glenn, just how GREAT Juve is doing this season ?????:cheesy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)