Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (226 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Nonsense Stu. Lippi effectively destroyed the prospect of Maresca taking a role in the side because of his reluctance to play him in the first team and favor the "old guard." Same crap happened with Miccoli when he deserved to play over Del Piero, and frankly I'm glad Capello is here to throw that old guard nonsense out the back door of the Delle Alpi.
Preach it brutha

Not to say I don't have utmost respect for the great Juve players of the past, but playing them based entirely on that merit is foolishness for a team of our calibre. We should always field our most effective players, full stop.

I bet Capello felt awfully clever when Zlatan assisted Trezeguet for our first goal

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
There wouldn't have been so much arguments if they think this way Graham.

BTW I think that 1 of my topics were deleted rite? If it is so, I think I know the reason y.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sorry, that was my doing. I didn't delete the thread, but merged it with one of the other Del Piero threads; the reason being that we have countless threads all essentially discussing the same thing. Apologies for any confusion/inconvenience caused

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Capello defends Alex axe
Monday 24 January, 2005

Fabio Capello has brushed aside criticism from the Juventus fans for his decision to not use Alex Del Piero on Sunday.

The club captain was left on the bench for the entire Brescia win, which led to chants in favour of Del Piero and Marcello Lippi, Capello’s predecessor in Turin, from the Delle Alpi faithful.

"Whoever pays for a ticket has the right to chant for whoever they want," stated Capello. "I just have to do my job and make decisions.

"I chose to start with David Trezeguet but Alex is important for us and he will be given his chance. When Del Piero’s moment arrives, then he will play."

Juventus are now five points clear of Milan in the Scudetto race after the Rossoneri lost 1-0 at Livorno.

"We gave very little away while we created five or six very good chances," added Capello after the 2-0 victory.

"I liked how the team played. I had said that the squad was in good physical shape and we demonstrated that."

However, there could be some bad news for the Bianconeri after Pavel Nedved picked up a knee problem.

"We’re a bit worried about him because he was in great pain," said Capello. "The hope is that he will be feeling a lot better on Monday even if we are not sure how serious the injury is."

source: channel4.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
sure, give it a try in about 5 minutes. Dangnammit, I don't even remember getting any PMs since the last time I emptied it

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Capello defends Alex axe
Monday 24 January, 2005

Fabio Capello has brushed aside criticism from the Juventus fans for his decision to not use Alex Del Piero on Sunday.

The club captain was left on the bench for the entire Brescia win, which led to chants in favour of Del Piero and Marcello Lippi, Capello’s predecessor in Turin, from the Delle Alpi faithful.

"Whoever pays for a ticket has the right to chant for whoever they want," stated Capello. "I just have to do my job and make decisions.

"I chose to start with David Trezeguet but Alex is important for us and he will be given his chance. When Del Piero’s moment arrives, then he will play."

Juventus are now five points clear of Milan in the Scudetto race after the Rossoneri lost 1-0 at Livorno.

"We gave very little away while we created five or six very good chances," added Capello after the 2-0 victory.

"I liked how the team played. I had said that the squad was in good physical shape and we demonstrated that."

However, there could be some bad news for the Bianconeri after Pavel Nedved picked up a knee problem.

"We’re a bit worried about him because he was in great pain," said Capello. "The hope is that he will be feeling a lot better on Monday even if we are not sure how serious the injury is."

source: channel4.com
I bet he enjoy it....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Preach it brutha

Not to say I don't have utmost respect for the great Juve players of the past, but playing them based entirely on that merit is foolishness for a team of our calibre. We should always field our most effective players, full stop.

I bet Capello felt awfully clever when Zlatan assisted Trezeguet for our first goal
Not to mention that Zlatan created the second goal as well.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Sorry to everyone, but it is true. Del Piero's carear is ending, at any other club but Juve he'd of been sold beacuse his form wasnt good enough for a title-winning team, and he shouldnt be at the Azzuri, because he is stopping younger talented players from getting a chance.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Not to mention that Zlatan created the second goal as well.
yep, but it's all the more sweeter when the two players you chose to field are directly involved. Again it would've been even better if stupid Domizzi didn't stick out his foot, and let Zlatan assist Trezeguet for the second time. I wonder if anyone would have the balls to criticise Capello if that happened :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Sorry to everyone, but it is true. Del Piero's carear is ending, at any other club but Juve he'd of been sold beacuse his form wasnt good enough for a title-winning team, and he shouldnt be at the Azzuri, because he is stopping younger talented players from getting a chance.
well said!! and in Juve his highly overrated salary and held capital is blocking new signings that are good for a title-winning team

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Its like Raul at Madrid not so long ago

Raul last season was a joke, the fact that he was notimated for European Player Of The Year would of shocked even him, it was his worst season ever, but his reputation saved him. Biggest example.

Anelka in his first season at Madrid wasnt that bad, just didnt score enough, Anelka was sold right away, but Raul wasnt.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, but Raul is now getting some form together, while DP hasnt hit the kind of form he SHOULD since 1996, and isnt exactly in great form now is here?

Dec 26, 2004
it is not since 1996 my friend in 1997-1998, 1998-1999 DP made his best seasons ever not to mention 2001-2002, 2002-2003 when he make a great partnership with Trezewall that lead us for 2scudetto and CL final....
about his form this season???? Capello didnt let us see much of him to judge, but from what i've seen he was OK...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 220)